Importing an R34???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starboy869 View Post
    ALSO nissan release an R34 frame w/o vin. This wouldn't be considered a vehicle and just a car part to the paperwork. legal yes. legit yes.
    Correct-a-mundo........you can bring in any body you want if it doesn't have a vin. Once it is vin-less, it has become "year-less" and a kit car if you want to plate it. If you go that route it becomes a 2011 Kit Car on your vehicle description. Sometimes that is a curse because you need to also meet 2011 emissions standards in your area.

All of the DynaCorn bodies that come into the country have no year attatched to them, they are no longer a 1969 Camaro (or whatever), they are nothing untill you register it as a kit car (or use your original vin of a car that you are restoring, can be probematic in some areas).

They are listed as "car parts".

Jon.
    Last edited by Dragon Humper; 02-28-2011, 03:19 AM.
    Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

would it be possible to remove the body vin on the r34 and then revin it with say an r33 or r32 vin after restoring it ? just thinking here peeps
      Nitrous Oxide is like a hot girl with STDs you wanna hit it but your too afraid of the consequences that will fallow

Comment

You COULD revin it as an R32/33.... But then it's illegally VIN'ed and you're screwed if something happens. It's like saying your R32 is a 240SX
        Originally posted by kengeroo
        that's what I thought when I opened the package..
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Well I would say I would probably not do something against the law... Maybe just wait like the rest of the community. I would be interested to find out where I could get a vin-less r34.... And 1991hcr32 that is somefunny shitt man! I sure hope it wasn't done like this!
          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightGTR View Post
            would it be possible to remove the body vin on the r34 and then revin it with say an r33 or r32 vin after restoring it ? just thinking here peeps
            No, thats illegal.

So basically if you get all the vin plates taken off a s15, ship over the whole car, customs can't do anything about it and it would be classified as parts? And then you register it as a 2011 kit car (easy in SK, no emissions).
            BNR32- Sold
            1998 Evolution V

Comment

I'll say it again, the car doesn't have to be cut in half, and the car CAN come in as a bare chassis. Look up the ruling that was made that deemed a bare chassis a part, rather than a vehicle.

Comment

no one can answer my question?

Comment

Originally posted by lloydxmas View Post
                  does anyone have pics of the vin plate? It looks to be a KAIZO car from the states. If so it was due to be exported and was seized. If thats the case it could not go to a NAFTA country which would be Canada or Mexico. Does anyone know where it was originally from?
                  Originally posted by lloydxmas View Post
                  no one can answer my question?
                  Even if it did come from the States the VIN has likely been changed for it to be registered as a kit car in Canada.
                  R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                  http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

but thats not what I want to know, its the fact that that car was supposed to not be exported to a NAFTA country aka mexico or canada. If it dod I am interested on how that happened.

Comment

Im 95% sure this is not a kaizo car, u say it "looks to be a kaizo car" by the pictures of it in its current state... this was 2 (or more) cars that were probably 2 different colors that got welded together and painted. The fact that it "looks" like a kaizo car is most likely a coincidence, thats just my .02 anyway I very well could be wrong.
                      1992 Dark Blue Pearl Skyline GTR - 457 rwhp, 404 tq @ 19 psi , chevron 94.
                      1991 Gunmetal GTS4 - SOLD

Originally posted by dah_hunter
                      i wait till the lights yellow.. or i lean far and go.. thats what BOOOOST if for..

Comment

Where is our educated importers? What seperates a chasis from a part according to customs? Subject has been beatin to death, Im assuming that is why they havent commented.

Also, would like to learn more on this unvinned R34. If anyone has any more info, we would appreciate it.
                        Last edited by beacher1B0; 03-05-2011, 11:55 PM.

Comment

it looks like it meaning the vin tag, Kaizo cars had silver vin tags.

Comment

My thoughts are if you could bring in an uncut chassis, why would they cut it in half in the first place? All I know is it would of been a legit car if they did just bring in the chassis and build it up (assuming you can do this).

I could easily be wrong though.

Edit: Okay, so with 10 seconds of googling...

"According to the D.O.T.: It is NOT legal to import a vehicle as parts and assemble it and then register it for road use. This is a crime and is it NOT legal. It is also NOT legal to import parts that constitute a vehicle (such as 1 gearbox, 1 frame, 2 axles, 1 body) this too can be a crime if the intention is to assemble the parts."
                            Last edited by quadracer111; 03-06-2011, 12:55 AM.
                            BNR32- Sold
                            1998 Evolution V

Comment

What if I want to import a R34 GTT body and put a 350 in it, I can easily build the whole drive train (custom).
                              Since it wouldn't be any thing like the real car. Would they tell me I can't register it has a kit car unless I stripe
                              the body and rivet plastic panel on it. lol

By the way, I'm drunk right now, I might not be to lucid. But if you know the answer please elaborate.

I don't ave any plan of doing this, I'm just trowing out there since there probably someone thinking about it.

Thanks
                              Last edited by collector240sx; 03-07-2011, 09:41 AM.
                              14 VW Jetta TDI
                              05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
                              95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
                              95 240sx ( powered)
                              89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

Originally posted by quadracer111 View Post
                                Edit: Okay, so with 10 seconds of googling...

"According to the D.O.T.: It is NOT legal to import a vehicle as parts and assemble it and then register it for road use. This is a crime and is it NOT legal. It is also NOT legal to import parts that constitute a vehicle (such as 1 gearbox, 1 frame, 2 axles, 1 body) this too can be a crime if the intention is to assemble the parts."
                                Of course it's illegal, it's a question of getting caught or not.
                                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                                X