Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is a long shot but here goes... anyone ever try to do it in PEI, im following the rest of the maritimes and going to fort mcmurray alberta for a few months to make money for the GTR, and i dont wanna get it here and not be able to get it insured, inspection a registration shouldnt be a problem but insurance scares the **** out of me....with a clean record on my 99 grand am its 2500 a yr, so eek, i hope the skyline isnt out of reach in the province with one of the highest average insurance rates in canada...

Comment

Anyone know the process for registering and mvi's in Nova Scotia?
      91 Skyline GTR -
      91 NX1600 - SR20 Swap

Comment

I got Nova Scotia figured out.

-Registration you need:
        1.Vehichle Title
        2.Bill of Sale
        3.Form 1 (Customs form)
        (dont forget you may have to pay tax on the cost of the car)

-Vehichle Permit you need:
        1.Proof of Insurence
        (they also give you a 10 day temp safty, so you can get your MVI)
        91 Skyline GTR -
        91 NX1600 - SR20 Swap

Comment

how easy is the inspection in quebec? i know its difficult in the west coast but is it slack enough you can pay the guy to pass you?
          92,94,95 Honda Civic
          92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
          91 Nissan Skyline GTR
          92,93 Nissan 180sx
          90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
          89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Hey guys, so i'm totally new to this site. i'm looking to get a skyline but am a little confused on what needs to be done to pass a safety in manitoba... anyone who can explain would be awesome... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by david View Post
              Hey guys, so i'm totally new to this site. i'm looking to get a skyline but am a little confused on what needs to be done to pass a safety in manitoba... anyone who can explain would be awesome... thanks!
              also need to know what it costs to register a skyline here (including safety and everything). i do about adding day time running lights but im not sure if its manditory or 100% sure of the cost. anybody have any info? thanks
              -Ben
              WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
              (OO)______(OO)
              Originally posted by Snow
              Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

Comment

I'm helping a relative who lives in Alberta buy a JDM car that is currently registered in Ontario.

Since there is already an ontario ownership for the car, is it as easy as getting a bill of sale, signed over ontario registration, Alberta safety inspection, and proof of insurance?

I don't think there should be issues, but I know BC is having some unique problems these days with DOT and things like that.

I just don't want to see my relative end up out $10K-12K for a car to find out there is some restriction that prevents him from getting on the road.

Thanks!

Comment

I have a 90 gtr that was involved in a fender bender while someone was test driving it before purchasing it.

Bad luck for me since the vehicle had to be inspected by ICBC where they found the non DOT headlights and put a summons on the car ie it needs to be reinspected with proper DOT headlights before it can be reinsured in BC.

But i am moving to newfoundland, and was planning on driving there anyways...anyone know what is involved for importing to that province? Can i permit the car for a couple of weeks and drive it there and insure it as a NL vehicle WITHOUT changing the headlights and having it inspected in BC?

thanks for you help

Comment

Sask?

Anybody know Saskatchewans?

Comment

I"m looking for info regarding PEI or NB....could someone post the info?

I'm in Nova Scotia and I'm having trouble registering my JDM CRX (sorry, it's not a Skyline :-( )

Above, Cheff posted:
                      "1.Vehichle Title
                      2.Bill of Sale
                      3.Form 1 (Customs form)"
                      are required for registration.

The DMV is telling me is that I need:
                      1.) B3 customs form & "vehicle import form"
                      2.) ORIGINAL export certificate with "official" translation
                      3.) Bill of Sale, with your name on it from the importer

I have 1 & 3, but only have a scan of my export cert and have had no luck getting the original from my importer, or from Monky's Inc.
                      I have tried once with a black and white photocopy of the exp. cert and they turned me away. My next course of action is to try a color copy and see if that works.
                      If not, I'm thinking of trying to get it registered in another province (maybe???). I'm running out of options and I'm going to want to start driving it again....legallt this time

Comment

whats the info for sask?
                        1993 Nissan R32 GTR

Comment

yeah anyone know saskatchewans??

Comment

Look up your city, Gives you a list of shops acredited to do the OOP inspection.
                            Give them a call

We have it pretty easy though

Most shops require DOT Headlights, Front & Rear Side Markers, Rear Stop Lamps for pass.

I am about to get mine done when the parts I need for OOP come in, I will post up the steps I took when I do.
                            1989 BNR32 / R34 N1 RB26 / Autronic ECU / HKS GT2540's / Ohlins Suspension

Comment

Gtr

any one know New Brunswick?????
                              95 Supra RSP GT42R Titan
                              91 GTR R32 Bee-R Rips RB30
                              95 GTR R33 Vspec MDP
                              09 GTR R35 NUR GT-800R
                              11 FX

Comment

well i have the NWT Right hand drive vehicle Inspection Report.

Lamps, lenses, bulbs (all)
                                must have SAE, DOT, or ECE approval markings

Headlights
                                Must have SAE, DOT or ECE approval markings, and be properly aimed. Must be representative of Permanent installation. (MVER 12-13) See right hand drive Vehicle Inspection Guide for more info.

Daytime running lights
                                Vehicle must gave DRL if Manufactured after November 30,1989 (MVER 17)

Centre high mounted stop lamp
                                Vehicle must have CMHSL, if manufactured after 1986

Side and rear reflex reflectors
                                Reflectors must be SAE/DOT standards (marked SAE A or DOT) They must be properly positioned.

Windshield
                                Glass musty be marked AS1, AS10 or AS14. Windshield must be Laminated glass

Side and rear windows
                                Glass must be marked AS1, AS2, AS3, AS10, or AS11. Windows must be laminated or tempered glass.

Bumpers
                                See Right Hand Drive Vehicle Inspection Guide for bumper requirements.

Neutral (saftey) switch
                                Any vehicle with automatic transmission must be equipped with Neutral (saftey) switch.

Seatbelts
                                Vehicle seatbelts must be properly installed and compliant with MVER.

Tires
                                Must be NSM/DOT approved (marked)

VIN
                                Must be Varified against official Vehicle documentation.

1992 Skyline GTS-t

Mod's
                                Apexi N1 Universal muffler, with a Custom 3" straight piped exhaust.
                                Sparco Steering wheel
                                JIC Magic Adjustable Coilover
                                Greddy Turbo Timer
                                Stinky Tune ECU Spec 4

FOR SALE

1992 GTS-T type M

$4000obo

Comment

Working...
                                X