Western Canada Skymeet & Track day 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit lol were the best car wash in town lol
    Last edited by Matsuba; 07-04-2013, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by h4X6 View Post
      Ok western people

I booked a hotel room for 5 people myself included. 2 bailed

So I got 2 spots in a hotel room that need to be filled. Anyone want in?

Cost is $45 for the night.

PM me otr text 778 8four zero 64six four

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
      I'm in for tomorrow for sure so I'll take you up on that, I'll square up with you at the BBQ.

Jon.
      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 07-05-2013, 12:33 AM.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• EVENT INFORMATION
        Ive had two messages regarding location (Apparently our old location in Kelowna is still being referenced on some sites) Classified Motorsports in location at #215-1891 Springfield Road. NOT the old location on Richter.
        The GTRC decals have arrived for those of you who has registered. It will be added to your registration package. They look awesome!

GAS
        It is your responsibility to show up fully fueled for Saturday morning's departure. Giving our volume, will not be waiting for cars who need to fuel up on the way to the track. Chevron gas station locations are as follows (Starting from the lake and moving down the highway towards Vernon).
        1) 375 Harvey Ave. Corner of Harvey and Pandosy (Harvey is main the HWY 97 that goes through Kelowna)
        2) 2315 Gordon Dr
        3) 1890 Harvey Ave (Corner of Harvey and Spall. *Just down the street from Classified MSP*)
        4) 2491 Highway 97 North

PAY N SPRAY CAR WASH (Wand/foam brush pressure wash)
        For those who are road-tripping it and dont have time for a proper car wash here are the two main spray washes in Kelowna. Ive used both with no problems.
        1) 375 Harvey Ave. This is located in the Chevron parking lot
        2) 1830 Underhill St

Lots more but those are the two largest ones and give you an option depending on which direction your coming from.

PM me if you have any questions about the town or logistics!
        Last edited by GTRSOAR; 07-05-2013, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Which parking lot at oakridge are you meeting at? I can make the meet, but unfortunately, I can't go to kelowna this weekend

Comment

• anyone in the langley/surrey area. we are meeting at around 12:15 at the New Sandman/Moxies at the 200 east onramp to Highway 1.

We will be cruising to Abbotsford from there.
            Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

• Originally posted by Nisman View Post
              Which parking lot at oakridge are you meeting at? I can make the meet, but unfortunately, I can't go to kelowna this weekend

At the Bay parking lot, it would be hard to miss a large group of loud Skylines lol.
              Happiness does not depend on what you have or who you are, it relies solely on what you think.

Comment

• What Route are we taking..

the 5 and the 97

or the 3 then 5 then 97.. (This way adds about an hour or so but the drive is more fun.. :-)
                Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

• Where is the group at oakrideg???
                  1990 R32 GTR SKYLINE

Comment

• Originally posted by dah_hunter View Post
                    anyone in the langley/surrey area. we are meeting at around 12:15 at the New Sandman/Moxies at the 200 east onramp to Highway 1.

We will be cruising to Abbotsford from there.
                    I'm in the corner of the sandman/moxies parking lot next
                    To the highway
                    Originally posted by nick-nismo
                    this guy is killin it!!!

Comment

• Oakridge group, 778 9two8 3667, give me shout
                      1990 R32 GTR SKYLINE

Comment

• Having problems finding the meeting spot it oak ridge mall. Pls call 604-551-7329

Thanks
                        94 skyline RB25DET

Comment

• Everyone hurry up !!
                          Oh and for you Instagram lovers don't forget to #skymeet

Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

• [QUOTE=nick-nismo;563614]Everyone hurry up !!
                            Oh and for you Instagram lovers don't forget to #skymeet

Great idea nick-nismo!

BTW that stall is HUGE for 'small cars' haha

Comment

• First off, it was great meeting a lot of you, it's nice to put some faces behind the user names.

I think many of us can agree that communication was not perfect. My understanding was that not everyone who signed up to attend the meet would be participating on the track. During the course of this thread, estimates were thrown around about how much it could possibly be to take part on the track, but there was no confirmation by most of us that stated we would be doing any racing. As mentioned by dah_hunter at the meet, arangements to collect deposits for those who wanted to track should have been initiated well ahead of time. I personally noted I would not be taking part on the track when I sent my $20 for the food and "goodie bag" (which I did not bother sticking around to collect). From what i've read on here, and heard from at the meet, nothing seemed to really line up. It seemed like Todd and Elliot were the only 2 relaying the information from here to the rest of the individual event organizers and believe this could have caused a lot of the confusion and frustration. And I believe a lot of the guys were going off this post:

Originally posted by GTRSOAR View Post
                              It took longer to type that post then it would have taken to fill out the registration. The $20 is for the BBQ and event package/decals/lanyard ETC. Track is seperate and will be determined when we know numbers. The cost allows you to enter the arena, racing or not.
                              Regardless thank you guys for organizing the Skymeet, I know it is not easy to put together such gatherings, and hope a lot can be learned from this year to make the next better.
                              Last edited by HR33GTSXG; 07-06-2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• I didn't want to be the one who bitched and didn't show. But I found out yesterday via Pm that today would cost $60 even not racing. This was not clear enough and, sorry, but I'm not paying $60 just to show off my car. Sad, that's not what an owners meet should be. I was not able to make the Friday night but was hoping to make Saturday... But not for that much. Regardless I was sick as hell today. I'm sure a fun time was had none the less. Let's hope lesson learned and next year's will be free of the confusion.
                                Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                                --------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X