No announcement yet.

My build thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, That's a bummer about needing a rebuild! Especially since you were saying your engine had good compression and had a rebuild before! How many Km's did it have?
    Mine is running great except for a possible leak in one of the many vaccum lines (slightly inconsistent idle)

Anyways, good luck with the rebuild! And you should take the opportunity to do a porting job while you're at it!

My cars:
    1996 BCNR33 GT-R
    1992 FD3S RX-7 Type-S

Comment

I don't know for sure it needs it, but it's getting one anyways.

I think a side seal went... so the engine is useable and has good compression in 5 chambers and one is low. It could also be stuck open, which I am trying to figure out.,.. last ditch effort before i open er' up.

TROL

Comment

I'm so excited to see your car on the road yet there's always something else haha. Oh well, perfect it now so if I get one I can pay you to do mine too
        DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

wellll.... who wants overnight parts from Japan?

Greddy TD06-20g turbo kit arrived today. Bought it for a STEAL on Yahoo Japan. Sending the trubo off to be rebuilt and ceramic coating the exhaust housing, manifold and downpipe.

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by Snow View Post
            I'm so excited to see your car on the road yet there's always something else haha. Oh well, perfect it now so if I get one I can pay you to do mine too
            lol, by the time I'm done with this thing I will know these cars inside and out... apparently that's normal for anyone who owns a rotary

TROL

Comment

that is sweeeeeeettttt... i look forward to thumbing a ride in this bad girl... ooo rahhhhh
              ----------------------------------------------
              widebody rb25 r32
              Built by Fraser Valley Imports not Bought
              We aren't just Importers, We are Owners
              ----------------------------------------------
              friends of:
              genetic tuning!!!

Originally posted by Muss
              Now why would two best friends fight? I'd say they'd just make a cookie pie, tell each other bed time stories and have a sleepover.

Comment

just pulled my rear iron off to take a peek inside the engine. the housings look immaculate... and I mean absolutely perfect.

this engine was rebuilt VERY recently... which sucks for me.

so far from the looks of it, the internal parts are way to perfect to sell.

time to rebuild.

will update with pictures in a sec.

TROL

Comment

TROL

Comment

UPDATE:

Now that the Beat is sold, I was finally able to buy some things.

So far over the past two days I've purchased the following. I've been in Kelowna for a few days getting my VSA (vehicle sales license) so I've been really bored and spent most of the time on the interwebz..

-Low KM JSPEC shortblock
                    -Greddy pullies
                    -fuel system parts
                    -Tein springs (cheap suspension for now... can't be rolling 4x4 now can I )
                    -SS oil injector lines
                    -picked up freshly rebuild TD06 from Kenetic.

Currently looking/waiting for a used PFC to pop up on the RX7 forums and I will have almost everything I need to get the engine to turn over.

Other things I've purchased over the last month or so..

-banzai racing poly engine mounts
                    -Innovate wideband w/ gauge
                    -miscellaneous OEM parts (o-rings, crush washers, gaskets etc.)
                    -4x 850cc injectors
                    -Aeromotive FPR (thanks Ben)
                    -GReddy TD06-20g turbo kit from Yahoo Japan
                    -ACT clutch
                    -HKS Twin Power Ignition system
                    -Banzai racing Oil pan brace.

pics of the basically new turbo! (new compressor and turbine wheels and honed housings. I also sprayed some DEI ceramic coat paint on the turbine housing... who knows how long it will last before it burns off!

Before pic for reference.

note: I've also recently garnet blasted the downpipe and manifold.

Anyways, the engine should be here next week... so expect another update around then.

TROL

Comment

Lookin good man! Gives me inspiration for my own RX-7 project :bow down:

Comment

So with the beat sold, you gonna pick up a Schwinn or something??? :P
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

purchased a PFC and fuel pump today..

All that's left is to get my injectors cleaned and buy a few AN fittings..

aside from that I have just about everything I need :bow down:

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                            So with the beat sold, you gonna pick up a Schwinn or something??? :P
                            funny guy...

it's a peppy car, I hit 140 on the front straight at Mission

TROL

Comment

Originally posted by falcon View Post
                              purchased a PFC and fuel pump today..

All that's left is to get my injectors cleaned and buy a few AN fittings..

aside from that I have just about everything I need :bow down:
                              I'm excited to see this...

My internal battle ensues... FD or Skyline...?

I forgot my log-in info for rx7club and I've been too lazy to sign up again. Any good cars for sale on there right now?
                              DISCLAIMER: If any of the above comments in this post hurt your feelings you are likely taking me too seriously; I'm probably just busting your balls. If you're unsure, feel free to PM me and we can discuss the matter privately, as to not pull the thread OT.

Comment

the prices on the US FDs have dropped huge over the past few months. you can pick up a fully swapped single turbo FD for under 13k. And stock ones are around 9k.

TROL

Comment

Working...
                                X