crzyone's "project" car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry, guess I'll update lol...

So last year I went to the shop to have my Vipec installed and dyno tune. Somehow my AAC valve connector broke off and my car wouldn't idle. The ECU and fuel pump would also randomly cut in and out as well. So I decided to bring the car back home and install a new ACC valve and play with the ViPec. Took some time to find an AAC valve and install it and I kind of lost interest in the car. This summer I finally decided I was tired of looking at it just sitting in the garage and decided to actually work on it.

Pulling intake manifold off. I hate this job and I procrastinated just thinking of pulling it again...

Broken connector.

So I dragged my car down to Calgary to Autodream for a tune. Turns out my ViPec was faulty and the ecu would turn off every time it hit 2000rpm or so. We pulled out the ViPec and installed a Link which is basically the same ecu.

So after some time on the dyno we couldn't get the car to boost over 16psi so I still have to diagnose that. Still managed 440whp though which isn't too bad.

I'm ditching my HKS-2530s and going with a Precision 6266. Want to make around 600whp and that turbo should get me there and still have quite a lot of response.

So I guess I will update more often when I start stripping down the engine and installing the new turbo.
    Last edited by Willis; 08-08-2013, 10:10 PM.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Presision 6466 twin scroll ceramic ball bearing turbo. Rated at 900hp, I'll be happy with 650-700awhp.

Tial waste gate and BOV. These things are larger than they look in pictures. I've always had internal waste gates so this will be interesting. I think I will run a screamer pipe at first just to see what it's like. Afterwards I'll route it back to the exhaust with a remote cutout.

6boost divided manifold with a single waste gate outlet. This thing is well built, and judging by their reputation it should never crack. Wicked looking!

One last picture before I put her away for the winter. Last time it will be seen with these rims as well. A lot of people are going to like the Advans over the CCW Classics I have coming but it's for safety. The Advans have been known to crack when they get hot with racing. Plus I'm having to run spacers all around. The CCWs have been ordered with a proper offset and width.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• why the change from 6266?
        oh hai!

Comment

• oooo poocision! nice
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

• The 6266 wasn't much of an improvement over my hks2530s. I don't think I'll lose much spool with the 6466 and it should keep me happy power wise.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• New CCW Classics mounted. 18x10.5 -13 all around. Still running 25mm spacers in the rear to make it flush. This car is wide...

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• How do you like the glow shift gauges? I am looking at the water, oil temp and oil pressure.

Comment

• They are ok but I'd go with defi if I did it over again

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• Defi are nice but a 7 gauge kit is like $2000+
                    No build thread.
                    1991 nissan
                    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• I don't think I'd run any gauges except maybe a boost gauge. I would go with an aftermarket dash like Lucky GTR or GTR_Dad. Much simpler and near your line of sight. Likely cheaper in the end as well (compared to Defis)

R32.4 GTR

Comment

• I seen that you put a gauge in the vent hole on the right, i did the same thing but i found it was to far away from the other gauges and moved mine. how do you like yours being over there?
                        Also mine was a wideband, what gauge did you put there?
                        Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
                        1992 GTST RB25DET
                        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
                        Originally posted by Bravo
                        PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
                        I'm sorry,
                        Good luck!

Comment

• I also put a wideband in that spot. I'll likely mount it on a pillar pod as well as the boost gauge just so they are easy to see in a racing situation.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

Working...
                          X