No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curtis, how did the parts search go? Did you do well at mission? My build is around the same type of setup so I'm always looking to know more about "what's to come".
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

• well havent got the proper boost pipe to replace the old busted one so i bought a used custom hardpipe kit with some of the smaller hks hardpipes so by mid week i should have them and ill be back to happy boosting. Besides that the engine is running strong and the only small problem is the mount clips for the electric fans keep breaking and i have been replacing them with zapstraps...

Comment

• just going over my thread from front to back is stressful lol i went through a lot of crap for my GTR... and ill go through a lot more if thats what it takes. But when i scanned by my latest dyno graph its the wrong graph that was the base tune graph to compare the final to after the tunning sorta the before and after graphs... i'll get the proper one posted real soon.

Comment

• Hardpipes showed up yesterday at the bus depo but they called me at like 4 minutes to close damn them so i'll be over there after work to pick them up and i'll post some pictures!!! I'm bringing the boost back in a huge way! VVRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOM PSSSH!!!!

Comment

• BOOOSSSSSTTTTTTTTT!!!!
            FINAL CLEARANCE! EVERYTHING MUST GO NOW!

The Best Brands. The Best Builds. The Best Service. The Best Prices.
            - 1.888.ZED.TUNE

Comment

• Nice setup! I'm starting a rebuild next month, pretty much going to copy your setup or close to it. I was wonder what water-meth system are you running? and what AFM's?

Comment

• if you read closely your answers are in my thread... but anyways i use MAP sensors not MAF and im using AEM water meth kit i got from Ztune in Burnaby they also installed it and i use twin medium nozzles in the intake plenum... you better have 20g's + if you have a stock skyline and are doing a rebuild to somewhat resemble my setup and im not kidding at all...

Good luck with the rebuild!

Comment

• What you have was only 20g? shiet!!! I have only bolt on crap and I'm just starting 30k n start to think about rebuilding lol.... Good deal! that includes labour?
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                    if you read closely your answers are in my thread... but anyways i use MAP sensors not MAF and im using AEM water meth kit i got from Ztune in Burnaby they also installed it and i use twin medium nozzles in the intake plenum... you better have 20g's + if you have a stock skyline and are doing a rebuild to somewhat resemble my setup and im not kidding at all...

Good luck with the rebuild!
                    Yea, I realize after looking at your and other peoples setup(s) it aint cheap. Hopefully I don't have any issues with snapping bolts as you had. Fortunately I actually bought around 6-8k$ in upgrades so far (not installed) so I don't have too much left just the block and the head to rebuild, which still will be a lot. It's all part of the fun when its all said and done I'll be a happy camper. I did a quick calculation internals of the block will run about 4-5K$ plus machining, head will be 1.5-2K$ total. I do all the work on my car, this will be my first rebuild though. Shopping around is key, I've found alot of parts have huge discrepancies in pricing. Nismoparts.com are pretty cheap on a lot of stuff, check it out, they have a small inventory stock, so stuff is on backorder often.

Comment

• I dunno about nismosparts.... Some of our best suppliers cost double for an R34 crank and I don't understand why. They post it at $540 or so USD!!
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• yeah mitch32 the prices for the block and head are pretty accurate to what i paid the first time lol then i spent more the second time... and NismoS-tune i am over 30k by now i have to be and thats not including the price of the car i was probably Havin a Time when i wrote that lol if you dont know what that means--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQS1Rwo5vp0 have a laugh. Plus our dollar was very strong when i bought all my parts and Ztune Motorsports did all the labour.

Comment

• Lol newfies!
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• u like here's some moar!

Cry Tunes
                            http://donniedumphy.com/ Donnie Dumphy's new single Cry Tunes, featuring Brenda and the Wolf Pack. The Wolf Pack consists of Ronnie Driscoll, Michael and DJ ...

Flat Out
                            http://donniedumphy.com/ Donnie Dumphy's new single Cry Tunes, featuring Brenda and the Wolf Pack. The Wolf Pack consists of Ronnie Driscoll, Michael and DJ ...

enjoy!

Comment

• BOOST OR BUST

Spent about 30 minutes this morning putting in the top custom charge pipe and took her for a spin and as expected night and day difference when you can build boost! Sooooo nice when the go pedal works. Went for a little test drive to warm the car up then started at 15psi did a couple pulls then turned it up to 20psi did a few more pulls then pulled over to check on the couplers see if they moved at all, everything looked the same and tight so turned it up to 24psi and went back home decided against 28psi for now ill just take it easy need to save for a rear diff and a transmission upgrade. Happy Boosting!

Comment

• Went for a morning drive and the brakes started grinding slightly just the front left outter pad had just started to dig into the rotor so waited for lordco to open they had 2 pairs in stock which was nice so i got a set of Hawk HP+ pads and spent the morning installing them went pretty smooth and after i broke them in they grab waaay better then the beat down oem nissan pads that were on there makes me wanna do the rears as well... always more to come.

Comment

Working...
                                X