No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cams did you end up going with anyways Curtis? Procam 270 or type B?
    Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
    Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
    Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
    Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
    Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
    White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
    lol

Comment

• procam 270 10.2 lift in/ex, tomei type a springs, tomei +1mm lifter buckets, stock valves, stock retainers, new stock valve guides...

Comment

• dyno sheet

it seems i put the wrong dyno sheet in my build thread earlier on when i got my full tune so he is the right one... i penciled in beside each number cause their printer at RG is almost outta ink lol.

TRQ & HP

PSI & HP 26.6PSI was the max

enjoy

Comment

• Reviving this build... Did you ever get justice over the idler bolt???
          03 lancer dead
          68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
          05 chevy silverado L33
          2010 crv Wife's ride
          1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• nissan offered to replace the bolt thats about it... my machine shop ate a 1/3, ztune ate a 1/3 and i ate a 1/3 on the re-rebuild...

Comment

• Well... thats why shops have insurrance I guess. Nissan sucks do... not maning up
              03 lancer dead
              68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
              05 chevy silverado L33
              2010 crv Wife's ride
              1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

• How's the car running these days?
                Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                Next question is: should I stroke it??
                Originally posted by Wingnut
                Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velders View Post
                  How's the car running these days?
                  and yours?
                  Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                  Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                  Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                  Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                  White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                  lol

Comment

• It's running good since i winterized it, put a 4 season car cover on it and nature buried it under 3 feet of snow but just before i built a 1 inch crush gravel drainage platform so moisture wont build up under it during thaw... anal i know i have been currently running with waste gates wide open at 14 psi cause i have a tune for 94 octane fuel and im out east now in ontario and they only have 91 octane no big boost for me... that why i was looking now a good tuner shop near NW Ontario but i have to travel quite a distance to get to one which also sux...

Comment

• DON'T THEY HAVE ANY MOHAWKS OUT THERE? MOHAWK 91 IN THE SUMMERTIME (10% ETHANOL) IS ACTUALLY BETTER THAN cHEVERON 94. WHEN WE STILL HAD THE MOHAWK 94 IT WAS MUCH, MUCH BETTER THAN THE cHEVERON POO. i RAN 1.4BAR WITH 32DEG OF TIMING WITH NOTHING BUT THE mO94.

SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS, THE DAMN CAPLOCK IS LOCKED AND WON'T UNLOCK.

jON.
                      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 03-23-2011, 10:07 AM.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

• LOL thats ok i just imagined you yelling at me which was funny anyways i thought that having the 10% in there i would have to change the tune... is that not true? Does the fuel burn differently with eth or not? Discuss...

Comment

• Thread revival!!!!!!!!!

THREAD REVIVAL!!!!!!

What's up everyone I'm gonna do some more work on the beast to get it to pass a safety inspection in Ontario... got a minor list from a local shop which includes:

Rear brakes and rotors

Re-adjust DS door (had to replace a door and when i did i didnt align it correctly it drags on the striker upon closing)

FUCA's (I have AMS FUCA's already but might be selling and getting all Drift Works products)

Leaking power steering rack and both boots are torn (gonna send it out for rebuild in S. Ontario)

Battery hold down spacer (Had a different battery in there to get her going as my Optima yellow top died, just bought a red top the other day)

Clutch switch not working (Shop says it should not let the car start in gear if the clutch isnt depressed... gonna fight this one or just wire it up to the ignition so it does just that)

DS head lamp adjustment

DS turn signal burnt out

Need and catalytic converter (Working on this if someone would get back to me about theirs :P)

That about sums up the repair list for safety i'll also be doing a couple other things in the near future here which are:

Rear subframe bushings (Have Nismo set)

I have a bunch of Nismo replacement bushings but i havent looked at the boxes or receipts forever so i'll update this later

Stainless steel braided brakelines front and rear (To be purchased)

Install all Drift Works components (To be purchased)

Lockout Hicas (Does Drift Works have this i cant remember and if so does it eliminate the rear balljoints?)

Powder coat front and rear subframe and suspension parts (Do it right the first time)

install innovate wideband and gauge (Have it)

install twin a-pillar gauge holder (Have it)

Re-install twin Alpine Type-R 10" subs and MRV-1000 amp (Must get bass capacitor poor Optima yellow top didnt last long)

Wire up and install rear Focal speakers

Might install these Acura headlamps to see how they look just for fun

Disassemble stock headlamps and install Halo's

Install HKS hard piping kit

Gonna have to go through the box of parts ive been collecting to see what else there is to do i cant remember everything all i know is its about time to put some of it on the car and have some fun before summer is over. I miss driving it very badly its been awhile the poor thing needs to stretch its legs on the open road.

I never left GTRC but it's sure nice to be posting in my build thread again!

Pics and such to follow

Curt

Comment

• Been flipping through the GTR shop manual and i cant tell if the front subframe needs to be removed to get the power steering rack off... i'll have to put the car up in the air and have a look see...

Comment

• Just checked the trunk and i got nismo rear diff bushings, nismo rear subframe bushings and nismo steering rack bushings, powertrix tension bars (thought they were AMS but i was wrong) and the stock rain vent visors for the DS and PS doors (they kinda turned a purple hue might have to paint them when i reinstall)

Gotta find the other parts box in the basement

Comment

• if anyone has nissan fast thats browsing my build thread let me know what the VIN says

E-BNR32

Chassis NO: BNR32-014110

Model NO: KBNR32RXFSLMZG

Comment

Working...
                                X