No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got no where to work on the car so yesterday i picked up some lumber... 6 sheets 5/8" pressure treated plywood, 12 4"x4" 12' pressure treated. Building a 12'x16' platform to roll the car onto to start ripping it apart. Gotta get that leaky steering rack off and change the upper control arms to so i can start knocking off items on my safety to do list before summer is over. Will grab some pics of the process when I start it.

Comment

• Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
      Been flipping through the GTR shop manual and i cant tell if the front subframe needs to be removed to get the power steering rack off... i'll have to put the car up in the air and have a look see...
      Subframe dosnt have to come right off, but I had to loosen the back side and let it drop about an inch to get it out of there

Comment

• Originally posted by steveo1502 View Post
        Subframe dosnt have to come right off, but I had to loosen the back side and let it drop about an inch to get it out of there
        Thanks for the info that'll help out alot!

Comment

• Platform Complete

4x4 floor joist laid and laser leveled with a slight angle for water to run off

Plywood screwed down

Done...

Comment

• Got her up in the air the other day... just gotta get out there and start taking things apart... got the catalytic converter coming (Thanks Mental-26) and i got DBA 4000 rotors and EBC yellow stuff pads coming from another member (Thanks wannabe_sky) so the wheels are coming off and I'll start taking apart the power steering rack so i can get it sent out for rebuild... thank god its not gonna rain this weekend!

Gtr up in the air

Comment

• Man that looks like a beautiful spot to work on a gtr, just need one of those temp garage things for the rain, pull the roof off when it's nice

Comment

• yeah i got a pretty piece of property on the winnipeg river in northern ontario 2 acres and 385m of water front. live is good

Comment

• Got the powersteering rack off today

hardlines

Its out!!!

had to drop the right side of the front subframe down a little to clear it but we got it out!

Comment

• Got my pads and rotors the other day going to work on that today if the rain stops. Will snap some photos of course of the old and the new

Comment

• After doing some other projects around the property I got one side of the brakes done today.

Out with the old

In with the new... ish

Tomorrow morning gotta get the other side done!

Comment

• I think i may clean those up and re-sell they have lots meat left on them and I wont be needing them since I probably will be updating the brakes next season or over the winter just gotta pass this stupid safety...

Comment

• Finished the brakes and packed up and sent my powersteering rack away for rebuild to John Stuart Power Brake in Stoney Creek Ontario. The used catalytic converter is on the way as well... now just about to get a hold of Daryl and Right Drive for some front outter ball joints one has a ripped boot some im going to do them both. Then going to order a set of upper control arms as soon as i decided which ones are best... havent quite figured that out yet most good companies make non-adjustable FUCA's and other companies are the ones that make adj. ones (ie. AMS, Driftworks, Powertrix, etc etc) whereas ikeya formula, nismo, cusco dont... maybe due to failures or something not to sure.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Comment

• The design is wrong on R32 which causes the failure. On R33 they fixed it. From what I understand, it's the way the upper arm distributes the load. Also on Group-A R32 GTR they fixed it by redesigning it to match R33 design, which is where I assume the R33 design came from.
                            Last edited by Skym; 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM.
                            RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• That would be nice if there was a kit to change it to R33 style... someone get on this lol there's money to be made in custom parts!

Comment

• Another question, If my car isnt lowered at the moment but will be in the future when i get new FUCA's should i get the ones that are already camber corrected for lowering? If im at stock ride height will that mess up the geometry?

Comment

Working...
                                X