No announcement yet.

RB26 Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ******* cool build. Just notice you are using HKS air filter. I heard rumour it is complete junk on long term. It would disintegrate into little pieces and get sucked into the engine causing internal damage. It is not an issue if you change it often. I believe Apex'i makes the best air filter. If to source locally K&N isn't bad at all too.

Comment

• thanks for the advice ill look into switching them up after next season... only get to drive half the year around here so i should be fine... damn winter lol... ill take a close look at the old filters they seemed to be in good shape on the inside but ill look more closely tomorrow to see if any of the foam fibers look torn or broken.

Comment

• steering rack in

driver side

passenger side

Comment

• got some extra days off this weekend... major progress to come, parts are all here, it's go time

Comment

• lots done yesterday and today pics to follow tomorrow or the next day...

Comment

• Where do you wrench in winter?
              No build thread.
              1991 nissan
              El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• I don't normally lol to damn cold... but my father and I have a plan this year to insulate the car tent shop we're working in and try and get the temp above zero in there so we can wrench... we've been lucky with good weather this late in the year, we normally have snow by now... so the plan is large insulate tarp or two and electric heat with a shop fan installed in the ceiling of the tent... another plan is to build a lean too out the back of the shop cut a hole in the back of the tent and connect the two then install a wood stove... we r gonna try and wrench this winter but we'll see how it works.

Comment

• everything is installed on the front of the car minus the brake rotors and wheels... gotta install the rear sway bar when i go back outside just taking a break to eat Im missing 4 bushings for the knuckle side upper control arm and tension bar so i wont be reinstalling the rear hubs yet and getting everything connected dammit... was hoping to have the car off the jack stands this weekend and on all four wheels...

wrench time
                  friday - 10am-11pm
                  saturday - 9am-4:30pm (dads bday)
                  sunday - 12pm- (so hungover)

Comment

• yay pics

replaced front inner wheel seals, cleaned & packed with grease

Seal wouldn't come out of the rears... realized we had to take it apart

Apart

sandblasted

assembling rear subframe components getting ready to install

installed

Rear suspension

with rear swaybar installed

fronts pretty much done

poor rear knuckles waiting for more bushings to finish them off

Comment

• Ok, I didn't follow your thread man, but thinking to prepare a separate subframe with bushings and diff bushings, maybe some axles, so the question is:
                      "If the car would be on the hoist and you have lots of tools, would a person be able to drop rear subframe just enough to reach in with hands and disconnect the whole Atessa pump (that sits on top) with bracket from the subfame? I really hate the idea of bleeding it after and making a mess with fluid!" So i want to live it hanging and replace my subframe with upgraded one! You just did yours so maybe you payed attention to that moment.
                      Thanks
                      TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

• The attesa pump sits on top of diff and the diff is connected to subframe if ur swapping subframes it all has to be disconnected everything can be taken apart with the subframe up but dropping in a bit helps u to reach the plug connectors and fluid lines...

Comment

• Yeah, that is what im asking you, if you drop a subframe a bit, will you have enough space to undo Atessa bolts and not disconnect all the hoses, connectors and press line???
                          I know exactly where it sits but never took subframe out in my life and trying to avoid disconnection all that, so basically i want to drop subframe and live Atessa connected to the car still but supported by lets say a bungee cord!
                          Last edited by tryingtobebest; 10-27-2014, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• hrmmm.... well there is 4 bolts holding it onto the diff... 2 on the side and 2 on the top... I'd say it's doable but it would have been nice if you asked this like 3 days ago lol i could have taken pics of exactly where they are...

Comment

• Today we started by heading out on the town looking for new spring clips and plastic clips for all the wheel well splash shields aswell as the bumper and lip. Found some good stuff at Napa and got the bumper, lip, DS wheel well guard and brake duct installed... still more to go. Ordered the rest of the rear knuckle bushings today from driftworks also purchased some ball joint spacers and a modified cat from forum members.

Comment

• Originally posted by curtisgoodman View Post
                                hrmmm.... well there is 4 bolts holding it onto the diff... 2 on the side and 2 on the top... I'd say it's doable but it would have been nice if you asked this like 3 days ago lol i could have taken pics of exactly where they are...

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for!)

Comment

Working...
                                X