No announcement yet.

jdmtypes rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck man, nice to see a die hard enthusiast back in the game. Also had my car sit for an extended period of time (over 3 years) and she started right up. It's a good feeling.

Comment

• Yeah I couldn't leave it alone anymore the guilt was killing me an I had no intention of parting it out, so the logical thing to do was get her back up to the proper condition.
      ........Nothing but Good Times........

Comment

• Wasn't that rebuild not too long ago? Last I recall you broke a valve spring or something. Who built it?
        No build thread.
        1991 nissan
        El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• It was rebuilt back in 08/09, after I got it back I tapped one of the valves on top of a cylinder head causing the one valve to slightly bend which was lucky because it could have been way worse. 3 different companies had input on building the motor, I just hope things aren't too bad due to it sitting outside an neglected for so long.

Comment

• Ok been awhile again since I posted on here. Going for rebuild number 2, hopefully it will be successful this time around. After it has been tore down #5 ring lands are what failed so that's where the fixing shall begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmtypes View Post
              Ok been awhile again since I posted on here. Going for rebuild number 2, hopefully it will be successful this time around. After it has been tore down #5 ring lands are what failed so that's where the fixing shall begin.
              Arleigh! I didn't know you were still rocken the Skyline. Sucks you gotta go through this twice. Time for the big HP build?

Skymeet 2007:
              Last edited by Joker; 12-06-2014, 02:53 AM.
              2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
              2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
              2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
              1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

• Lol hey Joker long time since I've seen you around here but then again I haven't really been on here that much either. Going to try to fix her one more time not going to go big power just reliable is all I'm shooting for. It was fast enough just needs some tweeting on some internals an I think it should run good this time. That pic brings back some great memories, that was a great day. When you getting another skyline? I'm sure you could pick one up fairly cheap these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by jdmtypes View Post
                  Lol hey Joker long time since I've seen you around here but then again I haven't really been on here that much either. Going to try to fix her one more time not going to go big power just reliable is all I'm shooting for. It was fast enough just needs some tweeting on some internals an I think it should run good this time. That pic brings back some great memories, that was a great day. When you getting another skyline? I'm sure you could pick one up fairly cheap these days.
                  I was soo close to pulling the trigger on a R35 but damn they are small inside. I switched from the Skyline to the 2005 Audi S4 and just recently to the 2015 RS7. I get my speed fix but unfortunately they only come in an Auto One day I may make it back to the Skyline. I'd like to see an R34 in the flesh. I keep hoping to see a Calgary meet set up with one but it seems like this form is dead now. It's all about the Facebook group now.
                  Last edited by Joker; 12-10-2014, 01:48 AM.

Comment

• Lol they just aren't as close knit a group as back in the day. I always wonder just how many of the crew still have skylines. I would love to have an original R31 but way out of my price range. Glad to see your still kicking around on here.

Comment

• Seems most of the crew grew out of skylines and into more expensive rides lol. I met some of you at some meets over the last 9 years but I've yet to successfully get out of the skyline without losing all the money in it.
                      No build thread.
                      1991 nissan
                      El terror

Comment

• Mercy me that rs7 is gorgeous.

The Skyline scene in Alberta is pretty depressing. Too many retarded kids with beat up Skylines running off their mouths. Not a close group at all.

Comment

• It's a shame the group isn't as tight as it once was. I bought my skyline because I loved the car an I won't out grow it. I'm into this car for life, it's what I always wanted an I'm going to keep with it even if it makes me mad. With that said rebuild number 2 is under way.

Comment

• Someone's just gotta set up an Alberta meet and see how many people show up. Skymeet Alberta 2015?

Comment

• Quick up date if anyone is following this. Still waiting for motor to be finished, bottom end is built just waiting on head to finish getting valve seats enlarged and then all reassembled.

Comment

• Who's building this engine again?
                                No build thread.
                                1991 nissan
                                El terror

Comment

Working...
                                X