No announcement yet.

'The weekend Terror' Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ls7 crate swap. Rear wheel drive and your good for what 250,000km. Then youd just be driving a fancy rhd chevy. Id do a cool kit car with a n/a motor if i was you. Best of luck with future projects frank.
    Last edited by MattiasJacobs; 09-20-2012, 05:32 PM.
    Dang! You got shocks, pegs... Lucky! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?

Comment

• Man I hear ya, mine hasn't seen the road in over 5 years. It's been in Canada for over 10 years and did less than 4000 km, since it landed. lol

Been gathering parts and parts, but always seam to be something else missing.

And then came the house, the baby, 4 different jobs, and starting another one in 2 weeks, now the car just doesn't seam that important.

The way I see it, I'll just finish it when ever I have time and funds, or if I see there's still a lot of interest in these cars when they become legal in the States. I'll probably be rebuilding one of the 2 engine to somewhat stock form and shipping it down there. I can always put the built engine in an other car (seen a 240z with a roll cage in a field around my place, that be nice).
      But girlfriend wants a second baby soon and might be buying another house next years, soo we'll see lol

I'm thinking of having an attach garage with an opening to the living room. If I'm to have this car as a ornament might as well display it in a warm place away from the weather. lol (I'm seriously thinking about it, no joke)

BTW your not the only one jealous about other members when reading through the treads, I'm guilty too.

On a side note, I'm sure you'll have a blast with the WRX this winter.

Anyway, what ever you decide to do.
      Good luck.
      14 VW Jetta TDI
      05 Sentra SpecV - winter beater -
      95 240sx (RB25DET powered)
      95 240sx ( powered)
      89 GTR - Money Pit -

Comment

• Godspeed! ;_;7

(and thanks for the heads up with the crank walking during start up, I'll keep it in mind if I ever upgrade the clutch)
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

• Awsome build thread, sorry about the hardships and that you never fully got to enjoy it
          best of luck in future endevors
          Its not just a car, Its a Life style
          O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Shout out from the states
            Amazing work man!

-Mike W.

Comment

• Thanks! Too bad this is as far as I got.
              Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
              Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
              Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
              Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
              White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
              lol

Comment

• What a great read, best of luck to your future endeavours.
                91'- GTR - SOLD
                94'- GTR

Comment

• Ah thanks!

Forgot about this thread. ...

I've Ben lurking around from time to time and the car is still in my possession, just hasn't run since the last failure. I had thoughts of doing it again but it's so low on the priority totem pole that it's collecting dust. Won't run this year for sure butaube in the near Future. Right now, I'm waiting to see if they'll start going up in value for offloading purposes. Wife always asks me why I still own it if I leave it covered up year after year.

If I had a spare head I could probably get it driving...
                  Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• If you lower your standard you can have it running in no time....

But patience will pay off. At least that's what I believe in!

Comment

• hmmm... maybe you're right but it's not gonna pay off this year either. Maybe next year. I'll chime in then.
                      Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• I was following this thread when I first joined up. I spent tons of time on here when I first got mine due to having a lot of issues that the previous owner didn't disclose and didn't come up during the test drive. Been drooling over the pictures of your parts and inspired for sure.

After sinking a lot of time and a bit of money into mine I got it sorted and have not been active on here as much as I should have been. Last year I had my turbo overheat and melted the wiring by the exhaust manifold. Need a new turbo and she cranks but won't start.

So I'm back on here and I just read your update. That was a great read. I thought I had it bad with mine when I first got it, but your challenges were epic compared to mine.

Thanks for the detailed write up and good luck with your future project.

Comment

• All the bs and problems is normal for these kind of cars. I'm really hoping to get into a focus RS, Civic Type R or a newer 5L mustang.
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

• Great Build

Comment

Working...
                            X