No announcement yet.

Frankiman's street/track GTR project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brake bias is the difference between the front and rear braking power, it should "match" the front/rear weight of the car in relationship to the front/rear spring rate (weight transfer upon braking)

i don't mean the plugs could account for the whole 30hp

and these were the plugs i had during by huge backfire problem
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Originally posted by mitch32 View Post
      Those plugs aren't bad it means the car is burning the fuel 100% and the carbon is coming off with the heat. If your gauge says 12AFR or lower on boost and your plugs look like that, the tuner did an awesome job.

Spark plugs if not gapped with hi boost with blow the spark and your get misfires like nelson said, your not going to lose 30hp. 30hp can be air temp, humidity, or a heat soaked intercooler.

And creaking brakes are normal if you have the nissan shims on the pads.
      Mitch, so what can i do to make the brakes shut up?!

Comment

• this

sigpic

Comment

• +1 for wurths anti-squeal.... have that on my set up... RAREly do i hear a peep!!

also Wurth's paint is incredible too
          The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• nono not the squealing, i meant the creaking when i press the brakes

Comment

• just like you do with all your "girlfriends"
              LUBE !!!
              sigpic

Comment

• rendered this last night, pretty cool vid IMO

sigpic

Comment

• Francois...UPDATES!!
                  Your slackin man....:P
                  1991 Silver Skyline R32 GT-R - SOLD You will be sorely missed girl :'(

Comment

• Originally posted by aN4rk1 View Post
                    Francois...UPDATES!!
                    Your slackin man....:P
                    agreed!
                    1990 Mazda Manyata (Turbo Miata 6psi 175whp 172wtq)
                    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR (13.5psi estimate of 320whp)

Comment

• Frank just drop out of school and feed us more chapters/updates!

The creaking can't be completely eliminated cause of the shims. You can remove the shims altogether but then they'll make knocking noise, on shitty cars I've worked on I just put the pads and some RTV silicone on the back and tips (no shims). Seems to work and no noise. I've never used the anti-squeal but wurth stuff is usually really good. Most cars don't use shims and if they do the aftermarket pads come with the shims attached.

Comment

Frank just drop out of school and feed us more chapters/updates!

The creaking can't be completely eliminated cause of the shims. You can remove the shims altogether but then they'll make knocking noise, on shitty cars I've worked on I just put the pads and some RTV silicone on the back and tips (no shims). Seems to work and no noise. I've never used the anti-squeal but wurth stuff is usually really good. Most cars don't use shims and if they do the aftermarket pads come with the shims attached.
                        i installed my pads without the "original" shims (there are 2 or 3 per pad and they go in a specific way), and my car sounded like a train wen i came to a stop, luckaly i kept the shims, put them back in, and it eliminated the skeeling completely
                        Being built...

Comment

Frank just drop out of school and feed us more chapters/updates!

HAWK HP+ don't come with any shims

with my old brake setup; BNR32 calipers and HP+ pads, with both shims on each pads, with regular caliper lube, i never heard any screaking and squealing was pretty low, i managed to find the sweet spot of pressure to apply to the brakes to eliminate squealing allthogether
                          it must be noted the the R32/Z32 pads are beveled at each end

with my new setup; BNCR33 brembo calipers, still HP+ pads, those calipers don't have any shims, and the pads are square (not beveled), squealing is unbearable,
                          just listen to the "backfire" video i posted not too long ago, go right to the end when i brake, it is insane

so using a file, i beveled the leading edge, and used tons of anti-squeal to coat the back of the pads
                          i should have very minimal squealing now
                          if there is still too much of it, i'll custom fab some shims
                          Last edited by frankiman; 09-30-2010, 12:53 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                            HAWK HP+ don't come with any shims

with my old brake setup; BNR32 calipers and HP+ pads, with both shims on each pads, with regular caliper lube, i never heard any screaking and squealing was pretty low, i managed to find the sweet spot of pressure to apply to the brakes to eliminate squealing allthogether
                            it must be noted the the R32/Z32 pads are beveled at each end

with my new setup; BNCR33 brembo calipers, still HP+ pads, those calipers don't have any shims, and the pads are square (not beveled), squealing is unbearable,
                            just listen to the "backfire" video i posted not too long ago, go right to the end when i brake, it is insane

so using a file, i beveled the leading edge, and used tons of anti-squeal to coat the back of the pads
                            i should have very minimal squealing now
                            if there is still too much of it, i'll custom fab some shims
                            you dont still have the original r32 shims? or they dont fit??
                            Being built...

Comment

• the sumitomo and brembo calipers are different designs, i'm pretty certain the shims wouldn't fit

but this beeing said, i just contacted my buddy to whom i sold my old brake kit to give me back the busted shims (i sold him the kit with brand new oem shim and seal rebuild kit)
                              sigpic

Comment

• Nice Build, my hat is off to you, I have learned a great deal by just reading your thread.

Ken

Comment

Working...
                                X