No announcement yet.

Project "Endeavour"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nice! how come you didn't go the 9180 route? Looks like a serious build that could benefit from a larger/meaner turbo
    No build thread.
    1991 nissan
    El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
      nice! how come you didn't go the 9180 route? Looks like a serious build that could benefit from a larger/meaner turbo
      Wanted to keep the power levels manageable and have it preform more as a track car. Drivable power was #1 for me on this build so I tried to keep things within that frame of reference. The 9180 is no doubt a serious turbo, but my feeling was on the track it may be more unwieldy than I wanted
      Originally posted by archaeic_bloke
      hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

• Great to see your going for response vs. a dyno queen. I think it would be fair to speculate most people that think "more is better" have never driven a small displacement, large turbo, crazy high hp car. It's freakin annoying, scarey, unpredictable and completely useless especially if you want to track the car.
        Even at a moderate power level compared to yours (~445whp) on larger tracks it takes me a few laps before really putting my foot down. Then it just puts a huge smile on your face!

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post
          Great to see your going for response vs. a dyno queen. I think it would be fair to speculate most people that think "more is better" have never driven a small displacement, large turbo, crazy high hp car. It's freakin annoying, scarey, unpredictable and completely useless especially if you want to track the car.
          Even at a moderate power level compared to yours (~445whp) on larger tracks it takes me a few laps before really putting my foot down. Then it just puts a huge smile on your face!
          Could not have said it better myself! Its like driving a fighter jet and it is quite difficult to do with any sort of precision on the track
          hows the warp drive? i've seen far too many GTR's lately that just arent able to hit warp speed.

Comment

• This thing running yet or are you parking it for winter...... haha
            Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
            Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
            Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
            Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
            Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
            White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
              This thing running yet or are you parking it for winter...... haha
              Well given the weather today and I don't know where VEX is on it at the moment (haven't called them in a week or 2, so this is my own fault)... I have no idea.

Although, having just moved places and lacking a garage, I can't say I'd complain if VEX held it for another winter. Save me paying $100+ a month to keep it warm. Getting super anxious though.

They have gotten the new fuel and water/meth system in and they look out of control. I'm gonna go up and visit on Friday to snap some pics!

Comment

• How bout now?
                Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
                Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
                Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
                Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
                Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
                White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
                lol

Comment

• Oh I saw this gtr the last time I was at Vex, what a beaut!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                    How bout now?
                    Been hounding Greddy for an oil cooler part for about 3 weeks. Tell them please air ship it, it's time sensitive. It shows up finally after about 4 weeks (ground shipped) and it's the wrong part... They pretty much define incompetent (at least the guy I've been hounding)

The radium fuel system is in and looks like a million bucks. Went with twin Walboro E85's. Here is the tank itself

To match the fuel tank, I went with a new Howerton Engineering Water/Meth reservoir with lighting. May as well go all out with the new aquamist in there.

It's almost road worthy, but I doubt it gets finished/dyno'd before Calgary weather acts up on me. Plus storage is a huge issue for me right now and can't say I'd mind having it sit with VEX while I get a garage built to keep it. Just bought a new house and cash didn't allow me to build a garage prior to winter.

Originally posted by PurpleStreak View Post
                    Oh I saw this gtr the last time I was at Vex, what a beaut!

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
                    Thanks! Been a while since I've had time to go see it myself!
                    Last edited by hozer; 09-30-2014, 03:47 PM.

Comment

• Took some snaps of the dash and engine bay this weekend!

Comment

• Nice Howerton tank!! I run the same one which I agree is awesome. What meth kit do you run again? Aquamist?
                        No build thread.
                        1991 nissan
                        El terror

Comment

• Oh and what fuel pressure regulator and rail? I forget

As for garage, I know your pain. Been building one since October and I only have so much spare time. .. too cheap to hire it out haha.

Best to have a garage for that monster anyway. Looking good.

Any pics of the table l and surge installed?
                          Last edited by Bruizer; 05-11-2015, 12:37 PM.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

Comment

Nice Howerton tank!! I run the same one which I agree is awesome. What meth kit do you run again? Aquamist?
                            Originally posted by Bruizer View Post
                            Oh and what fuel pressure regulator and rail? I forget

As for garage, I know your pain. Been building one since October and I only have so much spare time. .. too cheap to hire it out haha.
                            Went with the Aquamist as well! Wicked system.

for FPR's I went with some radium engineering ones, fuel rail is hypertune to match the intake. Was blown away by the quality so I figured the rail must be decent as well.

As for the garage, I ended up contracting the dang thing out lol. 26x24 fully finished inside with a lift king on the way, should be done mid July and solve many of my issues! Hopefully I can say the same about the car lol!

Comment

• Wow! What do you do for a living???
                              No build thread.
                              1991 nissan
                              El terror

Comment

Wow! What do you do for a living???
                                O&G in good ol' 'Burta!!

To be fair, buying a garage was my only option. I have 0 handy skills, 0 skills and 0 tools to do it. I'm useless when it comes to building things. Actually a small regret of mine not learning it when I was younger.

Comment

Working...
                                X