X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do want update pleeease... with pictures

(edit)

Comment

• Ok well I got some crappy pictures of some stuff which I've been working on. Engine is out now and the cars back to a shell while the engine goes to the machine shop and I piece together some wiring and such so the pictures are from a little while back, gotta fish some more off my phone if I can.
      I test fit the fuel system and battery tray in the trunk, add some trim to clean the edges up after the fact.

Got the non abs n1 gtr bmc in with factory lines which made things easy which is a nice change

The oil cooler and plasmaman intercooler mocked up

Hks super turbo exhaust came in, straight 3" downpipe and mid pipe to the exhaust with no cat so I wanted something quieter than a tomei ti cannon like I originally planned

Aaannd the engine mock up, I wanted everything done before machining so I had to do oil, cooling and all haltech sensors replacing the old, which was a big task and I am still looking for pictures.

The greddy plenum is 100mm so I had to get the greddy intake 100mm piping and of course chop my engine bay. Cleaned up as best I could.

And that's it so far, can't update as the engine Is out and waiting on things. I have to find pictures of the intake side, replaced the whole iac system with a simple haltech iac housing and valve, new oil temp/pressure, 4 bar map, and the tomei FPR plumbed to the sard rail with id1000 injectors. The only thing I left is the oil pan sump extension that needs welding and fittings for head and catch can drain, the turbo outlet piping to ic and the bov mounted. Aaannd of course the entire ecu/ interior lol which is none existent

On a side note I left the auto industry and now work heavy duty at a great place which I'm very grateful to have working on big diesels as such

As always your thoughts and advice is appreciated, thanks for looking!
      “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Oh and all the wiring is there but tucked away sneakily which was a big task, fuse box is under the drivers headlight which is a few bolts to take off for easy access
        “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• Very cool update! things are coming along

However I'm always a little sad on the inside when I don't see twins.......
          No build thread.
          1991 nissan
          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• Such inspiring work! It's the type of thing I'd like to do but enjoy driving the car too much.

Comment

• Update please

Comment

• It's been years since an update....fingers crossed you're still building this machine!?

Comment

• So between life and getting this beast off of the jack stands I forgot to update this thread. To get to the point, the car is on the ground, running and on its base tune. Here are some pictures to start it off

I couldn't be happier with how the car turned out, all the hard work paid off and everything that I dreamed this car would be were realized. Like I said its still on its base tune, Capped at 5000rpm it makes ~330whp and 290tq at around 15psi. Im expecting between 500-550hp on 93oct and over 600 on e85 when i switch to it. But for now I cant get over how well this car handles! I've driven some high end cars and even some supercars but this is by far the scariest in terms of shear grip.

I will post a mod/engine spec list if anyone is interested?

Also you can follow me on instagram @shaneberntsn for more up-to-date pictures. Thanks for the support and let me know what you think!
                  Last edited by caliber676; 09-09-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

• Hey mate, thanks very much for the update! I LOVE how the car is looking and am glad to see that you're still tinkering away with this thing! Have followed on IG also

This was my favourite thread on GTR Canada so I appreciate the update and look forward to seeing more either here or on instagram!

Would love to see the mod/spec list if you'd like to share. So from here it needs a proper tune and then all sweet?

How are the shortened LCAs working out? Was such a good idea to get those rims to fit.

Comment

• “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

• So a few people on Facebook wanted me to update this. I thought everyone was giving up on this forum, I'm happy to see people still wanting content.

As of now the car is parked for the winter and a list of things to do is set. The last time I drove the car it was running rough and ended up dying at a stop light and wouldn't start again needing a tow home. I've been battling richer than normal idle afr's and I can only attribute it to the tune after looking over my end which in the end caused the engine to flood and I couldn't clear it. As of now it idles and drives fine but it's still in the 11.5-12.5:1 afr starting and warm up so it needs a retune. To combat this I'm going to throw the stock idle control back in and see if the iacv gives the needed warm idle compensation it's not getting.

The power steering pump has developed a small leak so I've gone a seal kit on order and the reservoir needs some -An bungs welded onto it instead of the nipples.

And lastly the clutch is getting swapped out for a nismo coppermix. The r3c is too much for a vehicle that sees a lot of street use. There's not much median between chirping the tires or slipping the clutch in traffic. So a more normal clutch which will hold the hp is desperately needed to make it more enjoyable.

I'll update with a build part list shortly

Comment

• nice build thread.
                          No build thread.
                          1991 nissan
                          El terror

"Built not bought" sooner or later = "broken not running"

Comment

• Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                            So a few people on Facebook wanted me to update this. I thought everyone was giving up on this forum, I'm happy to see people still wanting content.

As of now the car is parked for the winter and a list of things to do is set. The last time I drove the car it was running rough and ended up dying at a stop light and wouldn't start again needing a tow home. I've been battling richer than normal idle afr's and I can only attribute it to the tune after looking over my end which in the end caused the engine to flood and I couldn't clear it. As of now it idles and drives fine but it's still in the 11.5-12.5:1 afr starting and warm up so it needs a retune. To combat this I'm going to throw the stock idle control back in and see if the iacv gives the needed warm idle compensation it's not getting.

The power steering pump has developed a small leak so I've gone a seal kit on order and the reservoir needs some -An bungs welded onto it instead of the nipples.

And lastly the clutch is getting swapped out for a nismo coppermix. The r3c is too much for a vehicle that sees a lot of street use. There's not much median between chirping the tires or slipping the clutch in traffic. So a more normal clutch which will hold the hp is desperately needed to make it more enjoyable.

I'll update with a build part list shortly

That would be my fault Look forward to updates.

Comment

Working...
                            X