No announcement yet.

Project mexi skyrine ver.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• so last update i started fixing rust and prepping for paint.

i did miss alot of work with this camera. i made the mistake of leaving it behind the plastic when i did my poly paint booth.
    might do a recap after this. just barely done paint. still quite a bit of work left tho.

first thing i did was work on driver side. this is after all the old stuff was cut out and new metal welded in.

heres what rust on passenger side looked like.

and cut

and new started to tack weld in.

and after i fully welded it. first coat of filler.

more rust on drivers side.

then cut out. and look at the crap that fell out :/ i somehow missed the pictures of the fix tho.

then pulled my driver door out. the wiring was messed. it kept popping fuses. and if you can see someone tried to make the door lighter by butchering it.

i had saved doors from my black car. only one little dent on it. also received my Greddy body kit and started to fit it.

then after that is when i sealed camera away. when the paint booth came down. this is the result.

then starting some install after a couple days of drying

started fitting the diffuser properly aswell

then it was time to drive this baby outside for first time in months. the color choice still blows my mind

it changes so much in the light. here it almost looks black.

then it was time to cruise. but it was night. ive had these sitting around for a while. install was super simple

looked amazing at night. everything blue now.

lots more updates to come. tons of pics. had 2 buddies bring their really nice cameras.
    RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Owner for Turtle Garage Hicas Delete Systems

Comment

• Instagram and FB recap.

failed previous fix and drivers side rust.

got an r35 gtr badge

got my greddy kit

got a really cool towel with the kit.

this was after primer. before final wetsand

me right before i started spraying.

gtr badge installed.
      RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• This update deserved better pictures haha
        Jordie Lewis
        1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• its just the second part that is cell phone lol. ill post the very high res soon.
          RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• Nice project! How did the paint turn out doing it in your garage?
            Full-Race sponsored GTR. Anything else is half fast!

Full-Race.com

Comment

• Turned out amazing. A good wet sand and polish and it would be perfect
              RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• ill start posting some of the pics i have.

first few are still fresh in the garage barely assembled.

then took a bunch outside. just a few. still more from another camera coming.

also have couple from a meet we had.

RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• $hi+ man! That's aweome! Well done!!!

Comment

• Good job man, love the build up. Hope I see this in person soon haha.
                    91'- GTR - SOLD
                    94'- GTR

Comment

• so in page 19 of this build i had bought a silver sedan. i was first owner in canada. it went through a couple owners since i sold it. 3.

i bought it back for the price of the profit i made from selling it technically free skyline.

so that will be getting most of this cars ebay parts. and this one will be getting some really nice goodies. ill keep updating it. nothing new except my turbo is currently sent away for 2 things. cant wait to get it back.

enjoy some more still photos and rolling shots.

RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• Looks great man. One of the few rear diffuser installs on an R32 that doesn't look like crap as well, haha.

Comment

• Ill start posting some stuff because ill get behind on updates if i dont.

Got my ARC Intercooler. beautiful piece. exact same dimensions as regular BNR32 Intercooler but thicker. I think it should just stay in my Living room as decoration :P

Also got my Greddy Radiator. Also a really nice piece and im super happy i went with this over the rest on the market. although ARC was my first choice i couldnt justify spending $1600 on a radiator.

First time popping the hood since i sent in my turbo housing.

Cant remember if i shared this already. if so. oh well. most people dont even notice i actually have a maf. Its a P60 from a q45. it fits perfect in a 4" pipe. so i epoxied it in there last year. really happy with it. except i haaaate keeping polished aluminum clean. and overall not a big chrome/polished fan.

what it looks like on the opposite side.

like i was saying. polished sucks. so i gave er a coat of wrinkle black. much better. i only wish i had the turbo to try it out.

pulled off grill, bumper, intercooler pipes and i had sold the old intercooler a while ago. getting ready for new stuff.

Now heres where i need the communities help. i really wanna swap out the old aluminum piping (right) for titanium like i have on left. thats the only piece i have. trying to find bent pipe is reallllly hard. anybody know where i can find 3" titanium bends??? or... a place that can mandrel bend some for me. pipe is very easy to find in straight lengths.

oh yeah. goodbye blue couplers!

thanks for looking/reading!
                          RB25 Powered RWD GT-R

Comment

• All blue couplers belong in the trash. Nice Parts.
                            Jordie Lewis
                            1993 Skyline Type M

Comment

• I love your build
                              Started rebuilding my skyline when i was 18
                              1992 GTST RB25DET
                              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/54849-saved-my-car-great-scrap-heap-sky-redo-my-first-car-thread.html
                              Originally posted by Bravo
                              PS My wife just told me I was shitting in your Cheerios!
                              I'm sorry,
                              Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by S13Jordie View Post
                                All blue couplers belong in the trash. Nice Parts.
                                What do you guys replace those with?
                                1992 Nissan Skyline GTS-T

Comment

Working...
                                X