My New Project - BNR32 GTR..... Slightly Bent.. In Newfoundland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
    wow this project has turned out longer than you planned i see. did you ever just want to just give it up and get another skyline??
    Well I guess they are projects.... My last one was ten yrs... I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. Even if I got another skyline, I wouldn't be that much farther ahead. It might work good for a bit, but they are all still twenty yrs old. everything breaks, wears out. 6 more yrs and its an antique. My skyline isn't my daily driver, I would like it to be in the summer, but I'm not stuck, my old toyota pickup gets me where I need to go. LOL. I said when I get the car, if it broke I would replace it with the best stuff I could get, I like my friends supra 6spd on the highway, so I see an opportunity to build it the way i want it, right the first time. Even if i got to do without it for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by RhdHybrid View Post
      Video is better then pics...... And sorry it was 726, but thats in Ontario, we are at sea level, air is more dense, we make more power here.
      There now...I was under the assumption that 550whp would be the max acheivable on pump gas without meth, and maybe 600 with the juice. Maybe I need a GT45 lol.

Comment

Update # 11

I welded in two more plates into the rear subframe, I found a pretty good image of the rear subframe and diff used in the Calsonic Group A car, they used way different spindles and arms, but the subframe looked relatively stock.

The extra gussets.

I then undercoated the whole car black. There is no rust now, I don't need some to grow.... Murray and myself put the subframe back in and I put the new wheel spacers on the front, New longer studs. I have to change the brake lines so I'll take a pic then.

We then washed her up and degreased the engine bay..... I might have to tape it up and spray it again.... It is stained yellow now.... Shitty.

All cleaned up and outside again.

Comment

That cage looks mean as hell
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Does it drive perfectly straight?

Comment

The car drives perfect. Had a wheel alignment before I ever drove it. The car was put on a the frame staightener, and then used a plumb bob and alot of measurements to make sure the car was perfect in every way. To be honest, If I didn't tell you it was bent, you would never now. car drives absolutely straight.

Comment

Update # 12 I think.....

Ok, so I have been toy'n with the idea of going with the full R34 power train on my R32..... There is a problem however, I have been doing alot of research about the company that has the motor and trans, or so they say. All the reviews on the company and on other forums has all been negative, ripped off, not what was promised, missing stuff, etc.... I'm not here to trash the shop but I just don't trust them with my 8400. So I have a new plan........

RB30....... I have put a deposit on a Block here on the site, I think it may have been a bit of a impulse move but I think I'll be a lot happier with building a motor. I would still like to go 6 spd, with Tomei final drive. But I'll deal with the motor first. I'm going to need some help from the site on this one.... So to start here is my list of parts

RB30 Block and Crank
                Spool Imports RB30 Rebuild kit
                Proengines Sump Adapter with Pickup
                Spool Head Drain Kit
                Spool Crank Collar and N1 Oil Pump, Matched.
                ARP Head and Main Studs
                Tomei Metal gasket kit
                Nissan Gasket kit for everything else.
                Garrett 2871-10's with associated Oil/Coolant lines
                Greddy Intake Plenum
                Stainless Manifolds and Dumps(Modded for External wastegate dumps)

Now I understand there are some fitment issues with the GTR (Bonnet, Shock tower, Clutch Mastercylinder). I have been reading the Project Horny thread on here, so I have a idea of what I'm in for..... But I could use some help on anything I have missed.

Comment

Go have a look on build thread on skyline aus and gtr uk. They have been doing it for years!
                  Goud luck there me bye!
                  03 lancer dead
                  68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                  05 chevy silverado L33
                  2010 crv Wife's ride
                  1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

Update # 13

So this one has been a long time coming.... I have been away from the car and the rest of the world for that matter... Lol. I have to start with a apology to Freddywise. I gave the man a deposit for a Block and later fell off the face of the planet for reasons I would rather not get into here. Sorry Fred for the F**k Around. Was never my intention. With that I hope he sold it after.

So on to my update, in my travels I came across a R34 V-spec complete drivetrain.
                    R34 Powertrain.jpg

So here is where I stand at the point......

Floor and Firewall modded for 6Spd Trans

Now to the Swap info

->R34 V-Spec Motor and 6spd
                    ->Custom (modded) Trans crossmember - (might include a custom X Brace if I have to go cutting up the R32 crossmember much.
                    ->Using the R32 TPS sensor, Injectors, Coil pack, and any other sensors that won't plug in
                    ->R32 O2 Sensors
                    ->Going to rewire for the R34 CAS sensor. (cut off the R32 Plug and solder on the R34 plug.)
                    ->Using the R34 front section of rear driveshaft with R32 Rear section.
                    ->Change the R34 4WD Actuator on Rear of Trans to R32.
                    ->Replace R34 Electronic Spd sensor for the R32 Cable drive one.
                    ->Nismo R34 Engine and Tranny Mounts (Correct me if I need R32 Engine mounts for some reason
                    ->R32 Front driveaxles.

Ok, So now on to the extra's that I don't really now that much about. I'm also getting all the brakes and front and rear cross members.

I have read that the R34 Rear crossmember will bolt up to the car with offset solid Bushings from RBMotoring, Except I can't find them, website is down. So what are the benefits of the rear crossmember swap?? Also the Rear Diff is a V-Spec... Active Diff, Hydraulically actuated with a pump and computer I don't have..... So I was just thinking of taking the R34 Final Drive set and Putting it on my R32 Diff in the R32 Housing. Plus I can't fit another 20mm offset on my rear tire... My tires already rub on the big bumps..... So I would like everyone opinion on this one... I already welded and reinforced my rear crossmember.

Now on to the front crossmember, I have heard the RBmotoring put one of these in a R32 as well, the steering rack is bolted directly to the crossmember in the R34 providing a better feel. Apparently it is a "faster" rack but this is unconfirmed to any degree that I can see. So does anyone know if this can work, what are the complications??

Ok, and Lastly the Brembo brakes. I get everything, spindles and all. Only thing missing is front rotors.

Front Brakes
                    So I need R34 V-Spec front rotors (324mm)
                    Front Calipers?? Directly to R32 Spindles?? R34 Spindle with R32 upper Arm??? Custom Brackets??

Rear brakes
                    -> R34 Rear Rotors, R34 Calipers on R32 Spindles??

Lots of Work and Research left to go.....
                    The motor is getting a new Tomei head gasket, APR studs, and Metal gasket kit throughout. Greddy intake manifold, Stainless manifolds + Dumps. Maybe even Tomei Poncams Type B.... If I'm lucky...

Ok and the last thing, I'm thinking I might go to the VMP Ford Maf in a Blow thru setup, Nistune can do it and I can make up some real trick intake pipes...

So with any luck at all, this will all be ready for the summer.....

Comment

awesome setup man, its gonna be sick, and in nf to boot, guess u dont see to many of these back there, im from kings point, like an hour away from corner brook but been up here almost 15 yrs,never seen a skyline back there, hopfully be back with mine sometime soon. im definatly gonna be watching your thread, u mentioned project horney,looks like he is starting his build again also,very nice car but i like this setup your goin for, and with what u started with, beautiful work man. how much that r34 drivetrain run you? if u dont mind me askin,looks like alot of nice ****. did u get it shipped to nf? crazy, cant wait to see the finished product

Comment

Hey man, whats up? There are four skylines that I know about, scratch that 4 GTR's on the Rock, I think there is couple of type M's and what not around to. But ya we are few and far between. I paid for my swap..... But it is mint in most every way, and the ways's it isn't doesn't matter to me cause I'm replacing the parts with Aftermarket. My basic Build theme is a daily driver suited to the highway. I made a few trips across the island last summer and it was just to strung out all the time.... The slightest hill it was boosting... I like the 6spd, and the R34 Final drive. Plus I wanted a fresh, low Km motor that wasn't twenty years old before I got it... LOL. Others may have gone another way, for less money but this is what I want out of my R32. Plus it is something unique. Good to see a fellow newfie rocking out godzilla.

Comment

Ya, figured u paid a bit for it, lol, but when your done , will b worth every penny, gonna b nice,I plan on keepin mine and bringing it home with me, sometime

Comment

Oh I'm never getting rid of mine... I spent the last ten yrs wanting it.. LOL. I think I'm at the point in my life where I can look at collecting a car or two now.. After I'm done this bit of work the car isn't getting anymore money. LOL. Time to start looking for a new truck... LOL. You'll get home eventually, lots of work coming up, my company is flat out... An our competition is to....

Comment

the r34 brakes and rotors will bolt-on directly to the r32 spindles
                              though you'll also need to use the r34 brake lines
                              sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

Thanks Frankiman, I have been going thru post after post on why it probably won't make any difference to my car, and what not... But no one really comes out and says, this is what works and this is what you need.

I have some HKS Braided lines for the car, so I'm guessing I'll just need the small hard lines that run into the callipers.

I have read that I'm going to have to drill out my Spindle for the larger 14mm Bolts used to hold the calliper on. Because my R32 uses 12mm bolts. Or can I just mill up four little bushings and press them into the callipers to resize for the 12mm Bolts.

Apparently the rear bolts up perfect.

If anyone can confirm this it would be cool.
                                Last edited by RhdHybrid; 02-10-2012, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X