Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some goodies I got from Daryl:
    Last edited by louis110; 05-26-2011, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Time to Move!

So I've finally got my full posting to Cold Lake, AB. Very busy morning with the movers and the car shippers showing up at the same time. Two big rigs parked outside my house was kinda funny.

Ciao!

Comment

I'm sad I won't get a chance to see your car anymore! It was nice seeing her at RD! Such a nice GTR! Good luck out in Cold Lake, man! Get back here ASAP! :P
        Originally posted by kengeroo
        that's what I thought when I opened the package..
        ...don't drink and ebay
        '03 Ford Mustang

Comment

Thanks! It was nice meeting you, and it's too bad I won't be able to join the Ontario crew for meets anymore.

Comment

Godzilla Has Landed

The car arrived in Cold Lake a day earlier than scheduled from TFX Int'l and I was in Edmonton when the driver told me he was on his way to Cold Lake. He was willing to wait for me to come back that night, so by the time I got back, we started unloading the truck at 11pm. You can't see in the picture, but the trailer had a Ducati Diavel (the fastest production bike they make), a new Land Rover, and an Audi TTS on the lower platform. On the upper platform was my car, and a Ford GT with 11kms on it! The driver's next stop was picking up 6 Lambos from Calgary shipped to Arizona. The owners shipped them to Arizona and road tripped it to Las Vegas. The driver stayed in Vegas for a week on their bill. Dude must love his job.

Comment

Yellowjackets Installed - Will this fix my hesitation?!?

In my quest to eliminate the terrible hesitation my car is experiencing, I ordered a set of Yellowjackets from Performance Wise. They arrived within the week, which was impressive since it was coming from the other side of the planet lol. I wasn't expecting much from these coilpacks, it was just to try and remedy the car's hesitation. Upon install, I took the car out for a spin. Unfortunately it didn't fix the hesitation, but holy cow what a difference the coilpacks made when the car was driving properly. The engine ran so much smoother (when it wasn't bucking lol) and it really exceeded my expectations. Great upgrade!

Old Coilpacks

Yellowjacket Coilpacks - huge difference in power delivery

Comment

Hesitation Issue Resolved!

Changed the MAFs, and switched to the Apex'i intake system. My violent stuttering issue is totally gone. I'm a happy GTR owner once again.

New (erm...used) MAFs

Comment

Beautiful intakes, lucky truck driver!!
                  Darn those city folks and there flying machines!

Comment

hope u gotta take better care of that r32, dude
                    [COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"][COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]CNP CREW
                    NYCE1.COM[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by shaggy View Post
                      hope u gotta take better care of that r32, dude
                      How am I not taking care of my car? It's probably one of the cleanest GTRs in Canada dude.

Comment

Slow Roll Detail

The 6 hour drive to and from Edmonton really messed up my paint. The painters tape I wrapped the front end with didn't last very long and scuffed my hood and fenders when it started to flap in the wind and the poor weather left a lot of grit and water marks on the car. I didn't take pictures of the damage after the drive, but trust me, it was bad lol.

I've taken this opportunity to do a thorough refresh of the paint.

Steps:
                        1) Rinse, hand wash with hot water and dish soap.
                        2) Mother's Instant Detailer followed by Mother's claybar.
                        3) Polish with orbiter and Meguire's Superior polish.
                        4) Mother's Carnauba wax.

I've been doing sections of the car for a couple of hours here and there after work, and these are the results so far:

Last edited by louis110; 07-22-2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

time to fap!!!

are you swapping to alberta plates?
                          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                            time to fap!!!

are you swapping to alberta plates?
                            lol yes sir, i am. they make you jump through some hoops though, pretty frustrating!

Comment

idk if it has to be done, but for side markers...dont cut the quarters

how long did that whole process of detailing take? and roughly how long do you think itll last in a condition close to that?
                              Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                                idk if it has to be done, but for side markers...dont cut the quarters

how long did that whole process of detailing take? and roughly how long do you think itll last in a condition close to that?
                                Yeah I did the inspection in Edmonton. They put adhesive side markers on the quarters but I took them off as soon as I got home.

As far as detailing goes, I put in a total of 4.5 hours so far and I've completed the hood, bumper, fenders, and entire left side of the car. I'm guessing another 3.5 hours for the right side, roof, trunk, and rear bumper. It probably won't last long at all lol, there are a lot of broken up and gravel roads here. Within a day I had a layer of dust on my car. There's a show and shine next month so I'm going to give the car another polish before the event.

Comment

Working...
                                X