No announcement yet.

Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You just need a BBK (355mm) now! I put one on my car for there are alot of deer around my town.... lets just say payed for itself already

Comment

• Saw his car in person at Race the Base, it is beautiful.

Comment

• Thanks for the compliments guys, makes me feel all warm and tingly inside.

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
        I am erect.

I am glad to know my car will look similar with a respray to gloss. who knew black R32s didnt have to have **** paint, you coulda fooled me. ONLY black GTR ive seen that has been really well maintained aesthetically. props my man.
        The car was repainted with the oem metallic black colour in Japan before I bought the car. It really looks great in the sun when you can see the metal flake, and just soaks in all the light at sunset. Keeping it clean and simple was my intent for this car, so I'm very happy that yourself and other enthusiasts recognize that.

Originally posted by caribougtr View Post
        You just need a BBK (355mm) now! I put one on my car for there are alot of deer around my town.... lets just say payed for itself already
        Not on my shortlist, but all in due time lol.

Originally posted by ColinR33 View Post
        Saw his car in person at Race the Base, it is beautiful.
        Thanks Colin. I really like your car too, it has awesome presence on the road that's for sure.

couple of more shots:

I really like this shot with Colin. Reminds me of Spy vs Spy.
        Last edited by louis110; 09-02-2012, 12:29 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Car Looks amazing
            cleans keyboard of drool....

if you come one province over some time id love to see it in person. sorry to hear about all the engine probs but mad props to you for keeping with it.

and the tow hook looks amazing
            Its not just a car, Its a Life style
            O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• WOOO SPRING IS HERE!!! Still shaking off this long and terrible winter here in Cold Lake, but enough is enough and the car finally came out of storage last week. First thing I did was change the Apex'i ecu back to stock, and took it out for a nice jaunt to stretch its legs.

On the second day my clutch had no pressure in the pedal and it made it difficult to drive back home (had to pump the clutch, pop it in first, and slowly make my way home). Had a buddy help me flush the clutch fluid and it was good as new.

Both front outer CV boots are torn. Left side has been replaced and bearing repacked. Still need to pick up the boot kit for the right side. Luckily one of my privates offered to help me out on this, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to do it myself (I spent 2 days on the one side, gave up, and slapped it all back together). Nissan quoted me $750 to do both sides, but now it only cost me a case of beer

My rear diffuser is in for repair so it's off for now:

And of course the fun stuff - I have some more JDM Tyte ricer mods on order:
              Work Meister S1R 18x10+20 in bronze + Kics R40 neo chrome lugs

2 x Bride Euros

Bring on the new season!!

Comment

• I was pleasantly shocked at how fast my seats shipped out from RHD Japan (processing the order took about a week). They left Japan on a Thursday afternoon, and arrived to its Canadian destination in "Northern Alberta" on Monday. Unfortunately once packages arrive to this part of Canada, they tend to go missing in limbo. I finally tracked down the box in the next town over, and eagerly took everything out of the box (you all know that feeling).

Bride Euro 2's, seat rails, Kics lugs.

The install was pretty straight forward, however mounting the seat rails to the seats was a PITA.

Start by disconnecting the seatbelt harness wire under the seat.

Undo the 4 mounting points on each seat, recline the seat forward, and carefully pull out.

I'm almost certain that Bride made the original GTR seats. I mean look at this!

Here you can start to see some variances. The GTR seats actually have deeper buckets and are tighter around the hips/thighs, but the Euros have more shoulder bolstering.

20 years difference in technology lol:

I bought the MO type rails from Bride, which came with two universal adapter plates to mount the seats to the rails (the two wide, lateral plates with the random holes in it). Because the hardware is generic (they give you way more nuts and bolts than what's required), it took a bit of trial and error to get everything mated up perfectly.

Once the rails are fixed onto the seat, reverse the removal process. Tip: lay down your rear floor mats before bolting the seats down, there's about 5mm of room between the rail crossbeam and the floor.

Voila. I think my interior is fully complete...

Verdict:
                The two seats are very similar in design and ergonomics. The seats come in black suede with a mesh inlay. All the materials are extremely high quality. The GTR seats have slightly deeper buckets, and hug the hips/thighs tighter than the Euros, but the Euros have more shoulder bolstering. The ride height is about the same, but the Bride rails actually sink the seat down the further you slide the seat back. Overall I'm very happy with the seats. The two seats feel very similar, although I would've liked more lower bolstering in the Euros. Definitely comfortable seats, and the deep black suede updates the interior tenfold. 8.5/10
                Last edited by louis110; 01-19-2017, 03:09 AM.

Comment

• Seats look great!
                  » 1990 - Nissan Skyline GT-R (weekend warrior)

Comment

• that looks freaking awesome !!!

i love the combo of the nardi wheel and bride seats, so clean

and if you think the bride seats look like the GTR seats, you should see the R34 seat, exactly the same shape (shoulder and harness holes and everything) but the brides are alot lower
                    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• This seats looks AMAZING!!!)))) GOOD find dude!
                      If you don't mind me asking how much did they run you with brackets and with shipping to Alberta??
                      WOW, they look great, I keep going up the posts and stearing at them, my dr seat is not worn through but you can see some minor wear in that common spot, if i ever upgrade it would be either this or Bride Low Max (actually not as cool looking as yours)

TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

• Originally posted by scottygtr View Post
                        Seats look great!
                        Thanks!

Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                        that looks freaking awesome !!!

i love the combo of the nardi wheel and bride seats, so clean

and if you think the bride seats look like the GTR seats, you should see the R34 seat, exactly the same shape (shoulder and harness holes and everything) but the brides are alot lower
                        Thanks Franc! I agree, the steering wheel and the seats compliment each other very well. Both timeless designs. The R34 seats are awesome too. I think the R34 seats also provide more hip hugging than the Euros based on my experience with the stock R32 seats.

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                        This seats looks AMAZING!!!)))) GOOD find dude!
                        If you don't mind me asking how much did they run you with brackets and with shipping to Alberta??
                        WOW, they look great, I keep going up the posts and stearing at them, my dr seat is not worn through but you can see some minor wear in that common spot, if i ever upgrade it would be either this or Bride Low Max (actually not as cool looking as yours)
                        RHD Japan sells a combo package (2 seats + 2 rails) for $1817. Shipping and duty together was about $500. I was actually considering the Stradia Sports initially, but I loved the R32 seats (just not the colour) and the Euros were perfect because they were very similar, and half the cost of Stradias.

Comment

• The car looks amazing!

I can't believe how clean it is - inside and out.

What are you plans for the original seats? I need a driver's one really badly.....

Comment

• Originally posted by SVTong View Post
                            The car looks amazing!

I can't believe how clean it is - inside and out.

What are you plans for the original seats? I need a driver's one really badly.....
                            Thanks! My intent for the car was to keep it clean but with road presence, and reliable.

I'm going to sell the OEM seats. I've already had a lot of interest in the seats. My buddy called dibs a year ago so I'll see if he still wants them. If not, you'll be next in line (being relatively local and all).

Comment

• Teaser shots. Work Meister S1R, 18x10+25. Thank you Vlad for sourcing out these wheels and providing me the best sizing. They didn't end up coming with the anodized barrels like I wanted, but these wheels are still hot.

Comment

• Very happy with how the wheels look on the car. Definitely a whole new personality with the GTR. I'm thinking about lowering the car another 10-15mm to close up that wheel gap.

Comment

Working...
                                X