Law of Murphy at Play for This Daily Driver BNR32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bobbo View Post
    I had no idea my cam seals weren't leaking either until after I re&re'd the rear main seal. Only a small amount went down the back of the engine while running.
    I had replaced the cam seals during the off season and somehow when I put the exh side cover on the seal had a slight twist.
    For future reference be sure to retorque the cam covers after a couple of weeks.
    Dog sitting. She ate some grass last night (evidently) and decided to puke at 5:30 in the effin' morning!
    You must be on nights?
    Yeah I've been warned to retorque the cam covers. I'm going to get some RTV today and put them in.

I don't work nights, I just sleep really, really late lol. Especially on drinking nights

Comment

• Restripped and repainted the valve covers again yesterday as they chipped in a couple of spots and eventually got worse and worse as I tried to fix it lol. But the second time I used adhesion promoter, then basecoat, then a shot of clearcoat, and cured it in my oven. They seem quite durable now and the colour is exactly what I wanted.

My led bulbs from VLEDS.COM came in and I swapped out those lame, ebay pale blue, "super white" bulbs for 5K true white ones. Look at the difference between the triple gauge and the main cluster! I also swapped out the triple gauge, license plate lights, reverse lights, and DRL's.

Comment

• Aren't those going to drive you nuts at night?

Comment

• I usually like my gauges really bright. I don't know why. Personal preference thing.

I put my covers back on with the half moons and gaskets swapped out and some RTV gasket maker in the front and back. I'm also mocking up a battery/coolant bottle cover with cardboard. Just an idea right now but hopefully I can find a metal shop to fab it for cheap.

Comment

• Having bright interior lights will reduce your ability to see at night. Just sayin.
            Just an idea right now but hopefully I can find a metal shop to fab it for cheap
            *cough*ACS tech.

Comment

Having bright interior lights will reduce your ability to see at night. Just sayin.

*cough*ACS tech.
              I've already asked ACS for enough favours lol. They're dividing my twin turbo pipe for me and they let me use their paint booth to strip my valve covers.

Comment

• I couldn't get my twin turbo pipe divided in time for next weekend so I got it back, painted it and put my engine bay back together in 3 hours lol. Talk about curing time for paint! I also stitched together a sock monkey to cover my power steering reservoir and changed out my MAF pigtails with units from wiring specialties.

I was also an idiot and cracked my front lip. I got an abflug lip and oem lip from rocketz rush delivered to cold lake. Hopefully I get it in time so I can paint, prep, and mount by next weekend.

Comment

• Sorry you dinged your lip. Coicedently I did the same thing in the same spot right after getting it painted.

Comment

Sorry you dinged your lip. Coicedently I did the same thing in the same spot right after getting it painted.
                    That must've been infuriating. Did you end up repairing it?

Comment

• It's on the "To Do" list for this off season.

Comment

• Ron! Its been a long time since I've been active here, but let me tell you...glad to come back to this. This car has been the closest to what I will build; swap out the wheels for silver RPF1s. I remember seeing this at Square One in Mississauga a few years back, hope all is well man.
                        Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

• Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                          Ron! Its been a long time since I've been active here, but let me tell you...glad to come back to this. This car has been the closest to what I will build; swap out the wheels for silver RPF1s. I remember seeing this at Square One in Mississauga a few years back, hope all is well man.
                          Hey Ryan! Good to hear from you! The car has changed quite a bit since we last met. I want more power and handling mods in the next couple of years but the budget is getting tight!

Comment

• I have been scrambling to get my car ready for Illmotion. Unfortunately I couldn't get my charge pipe divided and my catch can delivered in time, but it's ready to go. My car's limp mode issue hasn't been fixed though. The car ran beautifully the first couple of days, and on the way to work it stalled and died. I restarted it later on and it fired up normally and the problem didn't reappear. I'm scratching my head on this one. Maybe a bad 02 sensor?

The whole weekend I was searching for paint in Edmonton, but everything was closed. Defeated, I retreated back to Cold Lake with many parts missing and no paint. My new lip combo was ordered Friday afternoon and it arrived on Tuesday. Luckily I was able to get the Nissan Black Diamon Mica paint mixed into a spraycan from Benjamin Moore's in town (yes they match automotive paint!). I got to work that night, fitting and priming/painting the lip. The next day I put some final coats, ghetto fabbed some brackets, and mounted the lip. The car is all put back together and I just have some detailing to do. Hopefully the paint will fair well.

Comment

• The car season is almost over and I had a blast taking the car on several roadtrips, meets, and shows around Alberta. Lots of positive comments on the car. My Hi Octane catch can is installed, hood dampers in, and I swapped out my TPS to try to remedy my hesitation issue. It seems to have helped, but the car will still go into hesitation on occasion. The plan for this winter is to take the bumper/lip off and have it professionally resprayed and 3M'd. If I have extra cash laying around I might pick up a set of Whiteline swaybars with new links.

Updated engine bay shot:

Last edited by louis110; 01-19-2017, 03:34 AM.

Comment

• Man! I love the look of your car!!! So well done!
                                How are the hood dampers working for you? Ive thought about doing it 100xs but wanted to find someone else who's done it successfully.

Comment

Working...
                                X