Ross's 1995 R33 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ross's 1995 R33 GTR

As of September,16, 2011 I am now the proud owner of a 1995 R33 GTR! The search for a skyline began back in May, the plan had always been to trade in my Lancer and get a new Evo X! The new Evo was still going to be way more than I could afford even with the trade in, so I decided to look for an earlier model. Thats when I discovered JDM cars! I had seen a few imported cars around before but until then I didn't realize how possible it was for me to get one. As I browsed through all the JDM vehicles I kept seeing Skylines and how affordable they could be(until you start buying parts improve them lol). So the Evo plan went out the window, I am getting a Skyline now!

I contacted a handful of different importers throughout Canada, and the only one who responded day one was Sean Baertsch, Owner/Operator of Zen Autoworks in Calgary. I had inquired about an R33 GTR he had listed on his website, he said that it had already sold but he could import one for me. I gave him the details of what I was looking for and the search began. Sean gave me access to a website where I could see all the auctions going on in Japan, I checked it at least ten times a day to see what new vehicles had been put up. I looked a more than a few Skylines and got Sean to check them out, he always let me know if the car had any issues, he was going to make sure I got a good quality GTR. Finally after a month and a half of searching I found it!

Its bone stock except for ugly aftermarket speakers and this weird little button in the shifter surround??? I took a look at it but it wasn't wired to anything anymore, any ideas what it might have been for?

I am very excited about this car and hope to do great things with it. I have never worked on cars before so this is all new to me but I am learning a little more everyday. I want to do as much of the work as I can on this car myself, if its to far beyond what I can handle then it will go to the professionals. I have already and will continue to come to you guys with questions, so far the response has been great, there is a lot of good knowledge on here. Thanks everyone who has helped so far!

This GTR has a good home and will be well taken care of, I will be keeping a log of all my work here as well as updates of any events I go to here on the east coast. Now for some pics!!
    Last edited by R33-East; 09-21-2011, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Comment

A couple pic's taken in Calgary

The day I brought it home!

Comment

wow you werent lying it literally is bone stock! good platform to build off. just a quick question why did you chose a r33 over the r32. i dont wana open a can of worms here guys this question is strickly to the op.
          1991 Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R: 710whp 521 ft/lbs 27.5psi 11.8 @126mph low boost

Comment

R33 is way better obviuosly

Comment

Originally posted by dsmart View Post
              R33 is way better obviuosly
              True!

Beautiful car, looks to be in almost perfect shape, congrats!

Comment

Congrats on you purchase! I always wondered how much faster R33 GTR is vs R33 GTS25T (Stock vs Stock)

Comment

Congrats! Bet you were in the car for the whole day.. Started the registration process?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats welcome to the R33 gang!

Comment

congrats and welcome to skyline world.. i dunno about the R33 but i know the R32 you can install a switch to switch the drivetrain from awd to rwd, so that possibly could have been the switch to do so... PS dont start mouthing 32's guys... why do you think Nissan went back to the R32 look for the 34? anyways.. good purchase man!

Comment

wow you werent lying it literally is bone stock! good platform to build off. just a quick question why did you chose a r33 over the r32. i dont wana open a can of worms here guys this question is strickly to the op.
                        Personally I like the look of the R33 much more than the R32. I still think the R32 is an awesome car but I can't take my eyes off that R33 haha.

Congrats! Bet you were in the car for the whole day.. Started the registration process?
                        I was all over that thing the day I got it lol. I should have it registered by the end of the day today if everything goes smooth.

Comment

Welcome to the R33 crew.

As a former R32 owner, I can appreciate both chassis, but the 33 (to me) is just a more refined package.

The 34 is its own animal, it is not like the R32 in anyway imho. Get that out of your heads people.

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Grats on your new machine - amazing condition - lets the mods begine

Comment

Damn what a nice car to start a build with!

Comment

Working...
                              X