No announcement yet.

Ross's 1995 R33 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok just a small update, I finally got the car licensed for the road last friday! However when I took it out I noticed a bad vibration in the steering wheel, I got it checked and turns out I have a bent rim When I bought the car the auction sheet showed that the hood, front left fender and headlight had been replaced. It must have been in a little fender bender, when they repaired it they did a good job but they missed that wheel! It will have to do until I put it away for the winter but its a good excuse to get new rims for spring!

When I got home friday night I started to install my new stereo, I had planned on taking a few pics and making a little installation guide but I got so caught up in everything I forgot.
    Anyway the car didn't come with a radio so I went to crappy tire and got myself a sony deck and nissan wiring harness to through in it. I got it all hooked up but when I turned it on there was no sound??? I looked at all my wiring and everything looked fine
    so I did a search online to find what might be, then posted a help thread. After that I decided to take a look at the aftermarket speakers that came in it, I popped the trunk and peeked up at at the two rear speakers, THEY WERE NOT EVEN CONNECTED!!! I felt stupid for not checking that earlier but I assumed that if they were there, they must be wired up? Wrong!

The wiring for the stock speakers was there but I needed blade connectors to hook up the aftermarket speakers, so I cut off the facotory connector, spliced the new ends on and tried it out. Boom! I have sound! Im not a big fan of these speakers but they will do for now, I plan to get some of better quality later on. From the looks of it the previous owner just installed the speakers and for some reason never finished the job? Now I just need to take off the door panels and hook up the fronts!

On saturday my cousin came over with his freshly painted mark IV supra, it was rough looking when he bought it but looks amazing now! He wanted to take a few pictures of our cars together so we gave the skyline a wash and clay bar(amazing stuff) to try to bring it up to par with the supra. Once we were done we took a few quick pictures(I wish i had a better camera) then went for a cruise. We hit the back roads first then headed into town to confuse people with our crazy cars that have the steering wheel on the wrong side haha. Its a very rural area, most people here have never seen a right hand drive vehicle before. The weather was great and made for a good drive.

Last edited by R33-East; 09-29-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Need more pics! Supra is looking great, didn't know he was your cousin, small world. Sorry to be off topic but if you guys have any army friends that love your car, I think I'm going to make a last ditch effort to try to sell mine before winter as it doesnt really fit my new job.
      -Pat B R33 GTR-

Comment

Yes, moar pics required!

Comment

Does your cousin have any sort of build thread regarding his car? both look beautiful! Im a huge fan of red supras.
          Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Need more pics! Supra is looking great, didn't know he was your cousin, small world. Sorry to be off topic but if you guys have any army friends that love your car, I think I'm going to make a last ditch effort to try to sell mine before winter as it doesnt really fit my new job.
            Yes it is a small world haha. I will put the word out for you, I know there were a few guys at work that were really interested in my car.

Does your cousin have any sort of build thread regarding his car? both look beautiful! Im a huge fan of red supras.
            I know he's got one up on a couple different sites, there should be one on supraforums.com somewhere. I tried doing a search there but you have to sign up first. If you want to check his username is probably "geerm".

Here's a few MOAR!

Last edited by R33-East; 09-30-2011, 05:18 PM.

Comment

is that a real Ridox bumper on your cousins car?

Comment

So yesterday I hooked up the front speakers.

First the drivers side. To remove the door panel first pry the plastic plug out of the hand hold and remove the screw underneath. You can then remove the piece with the controls in it, just lift straight up on it, it takes a little force but it will come off. Now just unplug the window controls.

Next take off the piece around the door handle. Insert a flat tip screwdriver from the top, apply a little pressure downward and pry out to release it from the clip. Repeat this to unclip the bottom.

Now pull out on the door handle and use a screw driver to pry the last clip off.

All that's left is to remove the three screws at the bottom of the door panel, pull out on the sides of the panel, it is connected to the door by these plastic plugs, two on the side where the door hinges and three down the other side.

Once these are out just lift up on the panel and remove.

Once the panel was off I could see the stock speaker was gone and the aftermarket speaker was not connected. So same as the rear, snip off the factory connector hook up the speaker, test it to make sure it works then put the door panel back together.

For the passenger side pry the window contol out and remove the screw in the panel behind it.

There is a plate you need to pry out on the bottom side of door handle, remove the screw behind it.

Everything else is the same as the drivers side.

Now I have all four speakers connected, all that is left is to trim the plastic piece that goes around the face of headunit. I am not going to do that though because I will be selling it when I get a better sound system and I want all the parts to be intact. It doesn't look to bad without it anyway
                Last edited by R33-East; 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Today I pulled my wheels off to clean all the built up brake dust and tar, they were a filthy brown and black color and really needed it. I used Auto Glym custom wheel cleaner, its supposed to be good for removing brake dust. Just spray it on and give it a minute to soak in then scrub with a brush and rinse.

It worked great! Most of the dust came off with just a swipe of the brush, the more built up areas and the tar took a little scrubbing but cleaned up pretty good. They are not perfect but certainly look a lot better.

Here's some before and after pics.

I took the opportunity to switch my bent rim from the front to the back in an attempt to make the car more comfortable to drive. It helped a lot, I don't have all that vibration in my steering now. But of course something else had to be wrong, while I was cleaning one of the wheels I noticed this...

...its in there tight and its not leaking so hopefully it will survive for another month. On the bright side its another excuse to get new ones

Comment

lol get that fixed at Crappy tire for 24.61$
                    03 lancer dead
                    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                    05 chevy silverado L33
                    2010 crv Wife's ride
                    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

lol get that fixed at Crappy tire for 24.61$
                      Haha yeah its a simple fix, I made a bigger deal of it than it really is.

Comment

I think there's more R33 than R32 in NB. Only 1 gtr in the bathurst area. R32 that is.

Edit. Marus93's car
                        03 lancer dead
                        68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                        05 chevy silverado L33
                        2010 crv Wife's ride
                        1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

congrat !! hope you enjoy the car !! i have same and i LUV it !

Comment

nice! i liike

Comment

Very clean mate! Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it if you don't mind me asking? Just interesting to compare prices of GTR's in Canada to that of the local market.

Again, a great find!
                              Current car:
                              1999 R34 GTR V-Spec

Past cars:
                              1994 R32 GTR V-Spec II
                              1998 R34 GTT
                              1989 Z32 300ZX

Comment

PM sent to you Gojira.

Comment

Working...
                                X