No announcement yet.

Ross's 1995 R33 GTR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your R33 look really clean man, keep up the good work. It's frustrating when you buy something new and it does not work well. Tokyo motor imports is a shop in Montreal I think ?

Comment

So clean

Comment

moar updates!!!

Comment

Yes I plan to update this further, just haven't had the time I thought I would.

Comment

Car looks great! Your hard work is certainly paying off. Any thoughts on hitting the Nationals in Moncton this summer? I'd like to go but there always seems to be a scheduling issue. Last year it was the same weekend as a Time Attack and the year before was stupid work gettin in the way.
            Last edited by bobbo; 01-11-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Sorry bobbo didn't see your post! Yes I plan on going to the nationals this year, I went last year but just to look around for a few hours. Lets see how things work out, it would be great if we could get a few Skylines together for the show.

Also another update on the way!

Comment

The IC piping was now on hold sold I moved on to the downpipe and decat.
                Like everything else on the car the old exhaust came off without to much trouble.
                The downpipe already had a bung in it where I could install the wideband O2 sensor but once it was bolted in place I noticed it was on the lower side pointing up at an angle.
                Not wanting the sensor sitting at the bottom I took the downpipe to a local shop to get another bung installed just above the old one, this would allow the sensor to sit on top at about the 11 o'clock position.
                With the downpipe back on the car and sensor installed it just clears the body with no room to spare. Whew!

[URL=http://s1099.photobucket.com/user/R33-East/media/IMG_0984.jpg.html][/URL

Next I ran the wiring for the wideband along the underside of the car up into the engine bay along the back side then through a hole in the drivers side fender. From here I continued into the drivers side footwell following a bundle of wires running through a large rubber boot.
                I positioned the gauge under the dash on the left, here its out of the way but I can still see it clearly while sitting in the drivers seat. A proper mount will be constructed for it later.

Now I had to wire it up and calibrate it. Wiring is not my strong suit but I got it done. In the future when my skills imporve I plan to go through all the wiring and tidy it up a bit.
                While I was at it I swapped out the stock ECU for Apexi Power FC and connected the wideband to it. I started it up and followed the steps to establish the base tune then went for a little test drive.
                I drove very carefully knowing that this tune probably wasn't going to work well at all. Sure enough when the load on the engine got to a certain point I would get a knock warning. It was already that time of the year to put the car away so I parked it and would look for a tuning solution over the winter.
                Last edited by R33-East; 03-08-2014, 05:30 PM.

Comment

That winter my time with the car was limited, I had to go away to Ontario for work and wouldn't be back until early July. I did still manage to get a few things taken care of during my away time. Adam at Feast managed to sell of the HKS piping I had and made me a few extra bucks for my trouble. Still needing IC piping I contacted GTR Garage and ordered a KTS kit. This was very well priced and good quality, thanks to Kunio for the recommendation!
                  Also during this time I had my dad take my twin turbo pipe to a local shop and get it modded.

Next I needed to find a tune, to take the car anywhere for tuning would mean a very long trip and with the few mods I had it just wasn't worth it. I posted a thread on here looking for help, shortly after bobbo replied with the answer to my problems. He had a tune he was willing to send me that matched my setup perfectly! So I had a USB stick mailed to him which he sent back loaded with the tune, I just had to wait until I got home that summer to try it.

Being that I was only an hour north of Toronto I ordered a Mishimoto rad and rad hoses from Right Drive which I would pick up on my way home. As glad as I was to go home it was dissapointing when I realized Skymeet was happeing a week after I left

I also came across an AVCR black edition here on the forums, it was brand new and being sold at a discounted price so I snatched it up to.

Comment

I hope the tune worked out well for you!
                    If your interested the HPDS at AMP is Monday May 19. PM if you want more details.

Comment

When I finally made it home from Onatrio I had a few days off before I had to return to work. Those days were dedicated to getting all the work done on the car so I could get it back on the road!

On went the IC piping and the old rad was swapped for the new Mishimoto one, the upper and lower rads hoses were also replaced just because haha.

Lots of shiny parts

I filled up the coolant, checked for leaks then put the front end back together. With all that done I could finally try out the tune bobbo sent me! I hooked up the laptop and loaded the tune onto the ECU. It felt pretty cool sitting there with a computer hooked up to the car to bad I didn't know how to tune myself. Now it was time for a test drive and the car ran like a dream! Thanks bobbo! The tune worked perfectly and I could see that my newly installed wideband gauge was displaying the correct A/F ratios.

When I got home I noticed there was coolant leaking out, oh no! I checked everything over and discovered that the leak was coming from the rad cap. The crap Mishimoto cap couldn't hold the pressure and allowed coolant to spray out everywhere! I quickly ordered an HKS cap with a higher pressure rating.

Problem solved! Now I was good to go for the Summer.
                      Last edited by R33-East; 03-08-2014, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X