Autodreams gtr rb34 build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Autodreams gtr rb34 build thread

Hey everyone. We've decided to make our first build thread here on GTRC about Nguyens R32 GTR. This car has come a long way since importing it. I wish we had more photos from the past to show you how far it has come along. Right now the car has a fully built RB26DET. And currently sits a Borg Warner S400SX3 turbo.

In this build thread, I will be keeping you guys up to date with the new RB30 engine that we are stroking to a 3.4L with the Spool Imports stroker kit. We also will be switching out the turbo with a one that has a bigger compressor wheel but smaller A/R.

Here is the Introduction and general info:

1991 Nissan Skyline GTR R32

head:
    port and polish
    supertech oversize stainless steel intake valves
    supertech oversize inkonel exhaust valves
    supertech valve guilds
    supertech dual valve springs
    supertech titainium retainers
    Tomei 290deg pro cams
    Arp Head studs
    cometic head gasket

Block:
    CP pistons
    Eagle Rods
    ACL bearings
    ARP Hardware
    Jun Mechanic oil pump
    N1 water pump
    Stock Crank with jun collar and balanced
    Greddy Timing belt

Engine was dyno'd at 21 PSI of boost making 731WHP
    and Run twice at Castrol Raceway at 11.4sec @ 135mph (2.5 60ft no launch control) and 12.5 @129mph (1.960ft with launch control but missing 2nd and 3rd shift lol)

Photo's Before the paint job

The old turbo set up (HKS T51R KAI) don't get me wrong this thing is a beast but Nguyen wanted more

Some wiring on the kai when we sold it to a good customer (We sure will miss this thing)

Now that we moved onto the Borg Warner, Nguyen didn't want to cut out his hood or drop his cross member to fit the turbo. Cutting the hood looks silly and not fresh. Dropping the cross member screws with the steering. We had no other choice but to custom an exhaust manifold that would help the fitment of the S400sx turbo.

First stages of fabrication, test fitted on a spare RB26

Fits nice

Good clearance for the downpipe

Autodream's custom T4 top mount manifold courtesy of Andy Nguyen

Dyno Graph

If you look at the dyno graph, the power delivery was a bit on the top end. After a year Nguyen decided he wanted more response. He wanted to see big power that come on sooner so both him and Andy purchased 2 RB30 engines. After a few months of talk and debate it was decided. RB34 stroker kits. So over winter we ordered 2 RB34 Stroker kits courtesy of spool imports. With the purchase was also x2 AWD Girdle plates, x2 Billet main caps, and x2 RB oil drains.

We got them today

Spool imports I beam connecting rods

Billet 94mm Full counter weight crankshaft

RB Oil drain adapters

Oil Pick ups

Main caps

Subscribe for updates. I will be posting tons of photo's when the engines get back from the machinist. Also I will be posting lots of photo's on the update of the new turbo.
    Last edited by Chopsticks; 05-31-2013, 04:48 PM.
    Link ECU / Nistune / Apex'i / Greddy / HKS / Cosworth / Megan Racing / Agency Power / Tomei / Perrin / Cobb / Aeromotive / Stance / HSD / Battle Version
    AUTODREAM.CA
    P: 403 248 1566
    F: 403 568 0567
    E: info@autodream.ca
    Invidia / Tanabe / Tial / Vibrant / Cusco / Nardi / Momo / Sparco / Proper+ / Yonaka / Varrstoen / Rays / Work / Enkei / Bride / NRG / Compustar / and more!

Wicked... Excited to see the progress
    1991 Nissan Skyline GTR - Build in progress.

Comment

highly overwhelmed....and just in time for Valentines.

Comment

Holy Frankenskylines!

Pretty exciting to see someone in Canada to that route. Will be the biggest displacement skylines around for sure, maybe even the strongest this side of Canada! Those stroker kits along must run near $10k!!

I'm suspecting a badass engine like this would have a badass turbo like EFR 9180 TS EWG or a big gtx.
        Last edited by NismoS-tune; 02-13-2013, 05:27 PM.
        Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
        Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
        Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
        Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
        Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
        White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
        lol

Comment

Awesome setup, wanna make me a manifold? I'm most likely going to run into hood clearance issues as well
          “Hey, come on, its a car right? No. It’s a symbol of your history, its a thread of continuity from which you came to where you are. It’s important that you don’t want to forget who you are.” -Dr.Phil in "Love the Beast"

Comment

Nice...balls that clank........subscribed.

Jon.
            Last edited by Dragon Humper; 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Insane powertrain! Be very interesting to see what's done with the trans and the rest of the driveline.

Comment

Interested in raising the bar on my fully built RB26 to a Nitto 3.2. This is just the type of info I need to see.
                BNR32 Owner
                Okinawa, Japan

Comment

Hey, on the first picture whose MK4 is that? Is that one completely stock or that's the one of the guy who is like a coo-owner of Parts Source/AutoValue at 52 and 17? And have like 6-700WHP?

About your set up:
                  Whats exhaust AR of the turbo?,
                  Whats the fuel you guys using for 21psi dyno!? (Injector size, fuel pump/s)? And lastly,
                  Since you guys build a head with DUAL springs etc + balanced bottom end, why not to rev this turbo a bit higher to at least 9k rpm?

AND for:

Originally posted by Chopsticks View Post
                  ...Cutting the hood looks silly and not fresh...
                  I think its a personnel preference:

TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

bads cant wait to see the beast after she is done
                    1990 R32 GTR 329awhp @12psi stock turbos

Comment

All I can say is "wow"
                      TOP SECRET- 85%
                      91 accord exr - DD
                      R32 GTR - summer car SOLD
                      R33 GTST (sold)
                      91 civic hb (swap motor) - sold

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                        I'm suspecting a badass engine like this would have a badass turbo like EFR 9180 TS EWG or a big gtx.
                        Yeah we wanted to put an EFR 9180 but during that time they were hard to come by. By the time we had our hands on an EFR 9180 twin scroll, the S400sx was already on.

Originally posted by caliber676 View Post
                        Awesome setup, wanna make me a manifold? I'm most likely going to run into hood clearance issues as well
                        Yes we can absolutely help you out with your turbo manifold. Main reason why we made this manifold was because the compressor housing on the S400sx didn't clear the strut tower. but we wanted that perfect fitment to avoid major modification to the hood as well.

Originally posted by bobbo View Post
                        Insane powertrain! Be very interesting to see what's done with the trans and the rest of the driveline.
                        Right now there is a Ogura twin plate clutch kit in there. Everything else is stock, even the dif. This car is usually just daily driven and never launched. We took it to the track last year but only passed it twice. So it was only launched hard once. Everything is holding up for now haha.

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                        Hey, on the first picture whose MK4 is that? Is that one completely stock or that's the one of the guy who is like a coo-owner of Parts Source/AutoValue at 52 and 17? And have like 6-700WHP?

About your set up:
                        Whats exhaust AR of the turbo?,
                        Whats the fuel you guys using for 21psi dyno!? (Injector size, fuel pump/s)? And lastly,
                        Since you guys build a head with DUAL springs etc + balanced bottom end, why not to rev this turbo a bit higher to at least 9k rpm?
                        Yes that is Jody Filewich's MK4 Supra. He runs Auto Value and is a good buddy of ours and is a nice guy. He put down 661whp with stock internals.

As for me saying "not fresh" I meant it as less stock. I do personally like when the compressor housing sticks out of the hood. It gives it an intimidating look. So by all means there is no insult here. Nguyen wants to keep his GTR a simple daily. Like I mentioned above, another major issue for clearance was the Compressor housing hitting the strut tower. So we basically made it to clear everything.

We used VP Racing "import fuel mixture" we 50/50 it with Shell 91 V-power. We do have a fuel map saved on PC Link for when it's daily driven. It put down 680whp on pump gas

The Injectors used are MSD 96lb/hr (998cc) injectors, paired with twin Walbro 280lph external fuel pumps seen below here.

Reason why we didn't take it to 9000rpm is because we started slipping on the Dyno. So after strapping the car down tighter we made only a few more runs. Also, the day of dyno tuning we were really busy and on a time crunch. We needed to make it in time for the track that evening in Edmonton. If you notice the dyno graph, our boost starts falling because we didn't have enough time to fine tune the boost controller on the link.

The current turbo right now is the BW S400SX 1.1 A/R 67mm turbine. We will be switching it out with the BW S400SX Supercore .90 A/R 80mm turbine. Hopefully with the smaller A/R and the added displacement will help spool the big 80mm turbo. We will see how the progress goes. We may revert back to the old turbo if delivery is about the same or later. If you look at the pic below, you can compare the two compressor maps.

Last edited by Chopsticks; 03-21-2013, 06:59 PM.
                        Link ECU / Nistune / Apex'i / Greddy / HKS / Cosworth / Megan Racing / Agency Power / Tomei / Perrin / Cobb / Aeromotive / Stance / HSD / Battle Version
                        AUTODREAM.CA
                        P: 403 248 1566
                        F: 403 568 0567
                        E: info@autodream.ca
                        Invidia / Tanabe / Tial / Vibrant / Cusco / Nardi / Momo / Sparco / Proper+ / Yonaka / Varrstoen / Rays / Work / Enkei / Bride / NRG / Compustar / and more!

Comment

wow oh wow money money mula mula..

Comment

Originally posted by Chopsticks View Post
                            Yes that is Jody Filewich's MK4 Supra. He runs Auto Value and is a good buddy of ours and is a nice guy. He put down 661whp with stock internals.
                            Close, it does have one internal mod, a set of Tomei cams. It now has the same S400 67mm billet wheel turbo as this project, he got it from Andy. Should surpass 700 WHP if it makes it to the dyno before it gets a 3.4L.

Dyno graph http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gt-r-dis...-please-2.html

Cleanest Supra in Calgary, hands down!!!!

Very interested in this build, subscribed!!!
                            Last edited by Blackcossie; 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM.
                            92 BNR32
                            92 RNN14 12.92 @ 105mph (SOLD)
                            86 Sierra Cosworth RS (clone)

Comment

Thanks alot for an in depth explanation of the project, are you guys planning to attend DTP with this car this year, if the engine is not out yet!?
                              TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Working...
                              X