• Show
Clear All

I say wow.
    KUNIO MURAMOTO / SALES@GTR-GARAGE.COM

Comment

Things I'd do to run a rb34! Sweeet build
      91 gtr , 93 rx7 type r and a multicolor 240 スカイライン

Comment

Alright you guys, sorry I let this thread die out a bit. It has been very busy this spring here at Autodream and with Driven2013 wedged right in our busy season, I did not have any chance to update it. I should be able to bring you up to speed with the build and the many hours endured in making this happen. There were so many custom modifications required to the block to make this fit in but were working away at it.

Also, I apologize in advanced that some of the photo's are not as great as I would like them to be, or not as detailed as I thought.

So here it goes again:

RB34 MAINCAPS

RB34 CRANK

AWD ADAPTER PLATE

OIL PICKUP

TOMEI OIL GALLERY ORIFICE RESTRICTOR

REDRILL OF THE TIMING BELT TENSIONER AND IDLER PULLEY
        Last edited by Chopsticks; 05-29-2013, 07:30 PM.
        Link ECU / Nistune / Apex'i / Greddy / HKS / Cosworth / Megan Racing / Agency Power / Tomei / Perrin / Cobb / Aeromotive / Stance / HSD / Battle Version
        AUTODREAM.CA
        P: 403 248 1566
        F: 403 568 0567
        E: info@autodream.ca
        Invidia / Tanabe / Tial / Vibrant / Cusco / Nardi / Momo / Sparco / Proper+ / Yonaka / Varrstoen / Rays / Work / Enkei / Bride / NRG / Compustar / and more!

Comment

A QUICK FEW PHOTOS OF DRIVEN 2013

GREDDY BRAKES BEFORE THE SHOW

A PHOTO OF THE INTERIOR OF THE CAR / WITH THE NEW LINK DISPLAY

THE AUTODREAM GIRLS IN THE GTR

THE AUTODREAM GIRLS
          Link ECU / Nistune / Apex'i / Greddy / HKS / Cosworth / Megan Racing / Agency Power / Tomei / Perrin / Cobb / Aeromotive / Stance / HSD / Battle Version
          AUTODREAM.CA
          Invidia / Tanabe / Tial / Vibrant / Cusco / Nardi / Momo / Sparco / Proper+ / Yonaka / Varrstoen / Rays / Work / Enkei / Bride / NRG / Compustar / and more!

Comment

NEW TOMEI OVERSIZED OIL PUMP

PUTTING IN THE ARP HEADSTUDS

SPOOL IMPORTS OIL DRAIN ADAPTER

DOUBLE CHECKING THE TORQUE ON THE MAIN BOLTS

LOL @ NGUYEN

NGUYEN MAKES THE MOST F*CKED UP FACES

GASKET MATCHING

Now that we've been putting in countless hours into this engine, it's time to lap the timing on the cams. Hopefully this will give us more end power.

GREDDY FRONT DIF COVER....COVERING A KAAZ 2 WAY LSD FRONT DIF (I WISH I GOT A PHOTO WHILE THE GUYS PUT IT IN)

AUTODREAM CUSTOM 4 INCH DOWNPIPE
            AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

Wow, that is one hella of SICK Altima there, ive seen it on the streets that thing is insanely good looking and somewhat different!!! What you guys doing on it!?

Also, welcome back with all the updates, I was waiting for them, PLEASE, PLEASE post some more pictures of how you going to make transmission work with that plate!!!! Redrill oil pan or Bell housing???
              TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

any feedback on the quality of the stroker kits? did you need to do any rework to the parts from them being out of spec? what are you doing to make the engine fit without cutting up the hood?
                oh hai!

Comment

GASKET MATCHING

Now that we've been putting in countless hours into this engine, it's time to lap the timing on the cams. Hopefully this will give us more end power.

I hear that, I have over 50 hours in the head on my RB. weight matching the valvetrain pieces, Shimming, spring set height, tip protrusion, porting, matching gaskets.

I'm not familiar with the "lapping the timing" term, though. Looks like he has the intake timing fairly retarded.

Neet build!
                  Last edited by camarogtr; 05-29-2013, 11:24 PM.
                  Language professors HATE me.....

Comment

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                    Wow, that is one hella of SICK Altima there, ive seen it on the streets that thing is insanely good looking and somewhat different!!! What you guys doing on it!?

Also, welcome back with all the updates, I was waiting for them, PLEASE, PLEASE post some more pictures of how you going to make transmission work with that plate!!!! Redrill oil pan or Bell housing???
                    The Altima has been an long time customer of ours. at that date (a month or so back) we swapped out the tranmission for him. It's very quick.

About the adapter plate,
                    Again I wish I had time to snap the photos I wanted. Nguyen had to weld material onto the block and had to redrill, tap and dye half a cm below the original so it will line up with the bell housing bolts.

As for the oil pan, the kit came with grind plates that had instructions for redrilling... we have over 60 hours of tedious work on the block assembly.

Originally posted by Black BNR32 View Post
                    any feedback on the quality of the stroker kits? did you need to do any rework to the parts from them being out of spec? what are you doing to make the engine fit without cutting up the hood?
                    Quality of spool imports stroker kits are top notch. I was very impressed with the quality on the connecting rods and billet main caps. The labour was/is very tedious, everything is to the little detail, from where to redrill the new locations of the timing belt pullies to notching the block for piston clearance. As far as the hood, I will snap a photo tomorrow of where we had to cut a bit off. The RB34 Sits so much higher than the rb26 that we were worried about hood clearance. But the front timing belt cover and the turbo were the only thing with clearance issues. However, with our custom manifold and polishing of the compressor housing made it possible for only minimal cutting on the hood.

Originally posted by camarogtr View Post
                    I hear that, I have over 50 hours in the head on my RB. weight matching the valvetrain pieces, Shimming, spring set height, tip protrusion, porting, matching gaskets.

I'm not familiar with the "lapping the timing" term, though. Looks like he has the intake timing fairly retarded.

Neet build!
                    Nice, I hope your build is going smoothly! What RPM do you want to take your head too?

Lapping the timing on the cams is when you have the exhaust valve closing up at TDC about going into the intake stroke, the intake valve is slightly open so as the exhaust gases exiting the cylinder head jerks fresh air and fuel into the chamber giving us good high end power. not so much emissions friendly, but yolo.
                    Last edited by Chopsticks; 05-30-2013, 02:00 AM.
                    AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

So were you setting the timing events according to the cam card or are you winging it a bit? Did you set the intake first and then dialed in the overlap with the exhaust from there?

Jon.
                      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

Good stuff guys.
                        Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                          So were you setting the timing events according to the cam card or are you winging it a bit? Did you set the intake first and then dialed in the overlap with the exhaust from there?

Jon.
                          We followed the tomei overlap specs right on the cam cards. We did intake first, then exhaust.
                          AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

OLD RB26 PULLED OUT. NOW WE HAVE TO STRIP IT DOWN AND PREP IT TO SHIP FOR THE LUCKY CUSTOMER IN NEWFOUNDLAND (oh and abdul trolling)

10000HP

THIS ENGINE BAY IS REALLY UGLY

JUST A QUICK SPRAY OF THE ENGINE BAY

UNFORTUNATELY WE WERE PRESSED ON TIME. I WISH WE HAD MORE TIME TO COMPLETELY DISASSEMBLE THE ENGINE BAY AND DO A PROPER SPRAY.

AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

ENGINE ALMOST READY TO GO IN

RB34 SEEMS TO FIT OK

In this picture, the clutch master cylinder is not going to clear the manifold. When the rb26 was in the clutch master sat above the manifold and had zero clearance issues. We looked into installing a in cabin CMC on a custom pedal assembly. But again, we are really pressed on time.

Nguyens Solution

AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

TIGHT FITMENT ON THE SPOOL IMPORTS OIL DRAIN ADAPTER

WHY NO COMPRESSOR HOUSING?

CAUSE RACECAR

80MM BILLET TURBINE WHEEL

Last edited by Chopsticks; 05-30-2013, 05:38 PM.
                                AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

Working...
                                X