No announcement yet.

Autodreams gtr rb34 build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this photo, we extended the height on the 4" cold side piping to match the height of the RB34

Unfortunately, I don't think his second BOV is going to clear the hood. Nguyen will most likely remake that pipe afterwards.

This is a terrible photo I do apologize, but I wanted to show you the hotside piping. Nguyen wanted to maximize the surface area on the cooling so he ordered the 4" greddy intercooler with dual end tanks on the hotside and custom made his own Y pipe from 3.5 inch to twin 2.5 inch.

Link ECU / Nistune / Apex'i / Greddy / HKS / Cosworth / Megan Racing / Agency Power / Tomei / Perrin / Cobb / Aeromotive / Stance / HSD / Battle Version
    AUTODREAM.CA
    P: 403 248 1566
    F: 403 568 0567
    E: info@autodream.ca
    Invidia / Tanabe / Tial / Vibrant / Cusco / Nardi / Momo / Sparco / Proper+ / Yonaka / Varrstoen / Rays / Work / Enkei / Bride / NRG / Compustar / and more!

Comment

THIS IS WHAT WE HAD TO DO TO THE POWER STEERING BRACKET

PERFECT TURBO FITMENT

These guys work fast here. I try to run to the back to snap photo's of the progress in between customers but sometimes I am un successful. Before they mounted the transmission I wanted to snap a photo of the Clutch kit, Kaaz front dif, and transmission. This is the only photo I can muster up. For all you wondering what Nguyen was going to do for his drivetrain, again, he daily drives this car and rarely launches it. However this time, we fitted an R33 RB26 transmission paired with his Kaaz 2 way front dif, to his Ogura triple plate clutch kit.

...I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. What do you guys think we should rev this out too? 7k? 8k? 9k?

Oh ya, I almost forgot.....
      Here's the start up video
      Last edited by Chopsticks; 05-30-2013, 06:50 PM.
      Link ECU / Nistune / Apex'i / Greddy / HKS / Cosworth / Megan Racing / Agency Power / Tomei / Perrin / Cobb / Aeromotive / Stance / HSD / Battle Version
      AUTODREAM.CA
      Invidia / Tanabe / Tial / Vibrant / Cusco / Nardi / Momo / Sparco / Proper+ / Yonaka / Varrstoen / Rays / Work / Enkei / Bride / NRG / Compustar / and more!

Comment

oh myyy fawwwkkkkkk
        gtr garage queen...anybody seen my wallet?

Comment

What transmission is in that monster? OS 88?
          Gonna be a torquey beast for sure!
          Black 1991 GTR. Serious garage stand mantle/parts car.
          Black 1990 Pulsar GTiR. Sold
          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold
          Black 2010 Subaru WRX. Weekend warrior. Sold.
          Black 2013 F-150 FX4 ecoboost. Daily driver.
          White 2012 Ford Explorer Limited. Family wagon.

Sorry for my offensive comments, I r socially retard.

start by having A ROLLING GTR then we talk u ******* mofo funzy little *****
          lol

Comment

R33 tranny...better be gentle with it. It's not really the launches the kill the 5spds, its the screwing up the 2-3 shift in anger.

Interesting that you timed those cams almost exactly the same as I did using the compression method. My overlap is about 6 deg more than it was with the stock gears and it sounds really nice at idle....nice and angry.

It's too bad there wasn't more time to fiddle with the motor mounts, it looks like you could drop the motor about half an inch even with the adapter plate for the oil pan without modifying the cross member. Modifying the member can get you to within a quarter of an inch of where the head would sit on an RB26 and still be OK on the half shaft angles on a non-slammed car. That would save a lot of BS hooking the down pipe and whatnot.

Can't wait to see her motivate with authority.....

Jon.
            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

What machinist does autodream use, do they have a torque plate for rb26 and how many Eva have they built. Any Failures? I'm currently looking to rebuild my engine and was going to go to brads auto in Calgary but I'm Curious now.
              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chopsticks View Post

... These guys work fast here. I try to run to the back to snap photo's of the progress in between customers but sometimes I am un successful. Before they mounted the transmission I wanted to snap a photo of the Clutch kit... This is the only photo I can muster up...

For all you wondering what Nguyen was going to do for his drivetrain, again, he daily drives this car and rarely launches it. However this time, we fitted an R33 RB26 transmission paired with his Kaaz 2 way front dif, to his Ogura triple plate clutch kit.
                Because of the AWD plate on the bottom of the RB30 block, either transmission bell housing or Oil pan have to have some MAJOR modifications done, car is still on the hoist can you please make some pics of the bottom for those two areas!???
                TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

Originally posted by NismoS-tune View Post
                  What machinist does autodream use, do they have a torque plate for rb26 and how many Eva have they built. Any Failures? I'm currently looking to rebuild my engine and was going to go to brads auto in Calgary but I'm Curious now.
                  They have a BHJ torque plate, use brads machine and have quite a few RB's under their belt.
                  92 BNR32
                  92 RNN14 12.92 @ 105mph (SOLD)
                  86 Sierra Cosworth RS (clone)

Comment

If you go single pipe out of the turbo, to a double inlet intercooler, back to a single intercooler outlet, wont this effectively double the pressure drop thru the system?

Just thinkin, could be wrong.....
                    Language professors HATE me.....

Comment

Originally posted by camarogtr View Post
                      If you go single pipe out of the turbo, to a double inlet intercooler, back to a single intercooler outlet, wont this effectively double the pressure drop thru the system?

it would be negligible
                      oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon Humper View Post
                        R33 tranny...better be gentle with it. It's not really the launches the kill the 5spds, its the screwing up the 2-3 shift in anger.

Interesting that you timed those cams almost exactly the same as I did using the compression method. My overlap is about 6 deg more than it was with the stock gears and it sounds really nice at idle....nice and angry.

It's too bad there wasn't more time to fiddle with the motor mounts, it looks like you could drop the motor about half an inch even with the adapter plate for the oil pan without modifying the cross member. Modifying the member can get you to within a quarter of an inch of where the head would sit on an RB26 and still be OK on the half shaft angles on a non-slammed car. That would save a lot of BS hooking the down pipe and whatnot.

Can't wait to see her motivate with authority.....

Jon.
                        Yeah it was tricky to get the engine to idle at 1100rpm with overlapped cams. As far as the tranmission, Nguyen never smashes between gears so as a daily, he figures he is alright. If he ever decides to track the car, i'm sure he will upgrade to an OS Giken 88 or something beefier. As far as how the engine sits, I think he's pretty happy with it. we had to heighten then cold side piping, and downpipe, but that didn't take ver long at all. With the added custom manifold, the turbo does not protrude the hood so it's good there also.

We go with Brad, he does great work.

We also have a RB torque plate you can rent here at Autodream.
                        As far as how many builds we have done. Since me starting in 2006 I have lost count on how many builds we have done.

Originally posted by tryingtobebest View Post
                        Because of the AWD plate on the bottom of the RB30 block, either transmission bell housing or Oil pan have to have some MAJOR modifications done, car is still on the hoist can you please make some pics of the bottom for those two areas!???
                        Unfortunately these guys in the back work really quick and the gtr is now driving in and out of the shop while we fine tune the little details about the build. Again I wish I snapped photos of what Nguyen did to make the Bell housing fit. He basically built up welds above where the 4 bolt holes are on the oil pan and re drilled them. Then tap and dyed new threads. If you look at the photo of the transmission, the oilpan sticks about 1cm lower than the bellhousing.

Black BNR32 is on the right track, even at this point if there was a bit of pressure drop, it would be negligible that Nguyen wouldn't care.
                        AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

Thanks for the info. I'm also trying to send my engine down to the US but haven't decided on a shop yet. I'm tired of the engine stories around here (Canada) that don't last long, 2 myself at different shops or massive delays. I can't lose thousands again on an incorrectly built engine. I'll talk to brad again.
                          Last edited by NismoS-tune; 06-02-2013, 03:34 PM.
                          Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

The only thing with that is they added a bit more volume to fill in the charged area of the intake tract. That might add a tiny bit if lag but I seriously doubt that you would notice, especially with a 3.2l motor.

Jon.
                            Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

autodream hasn't answered emails, do you have an alternate email than what's on their site? Info@autodream.com
                              Silver 1989 GTR. Sold

lol

Comment

autodream hasn't answered emails, do you have an alternate email than what's on their site? Info@autodream.com
                                Hey Sorry about the late replies, It's been fairly busy here. I sent you a reply. If you have any questions please feel free to call us. 403 248 1566
                                AUTODREAM.CA

Comment

Working...
                                X