This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeatSedation View Post
    I don't know if these cars take dot 4 stock, but dot 4 isnt compatible with dot 5. Just an FYI
    I run dot 4 synthetic in my brakes and clutch, works fine. Dot 5.1 is compatible as it is not silicone based like regular dot 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1989 R32 Skyline GTR SOLD!!!!

The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
    -Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Voodoo_ChildR32 View Post
      I run dot 4 synthetic in my brakes and clutch, works fine. Dot 5.1 is compatible as it is not silicone based like regular dot 5.
      Didn't even know about 5.1, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

How is your car running? I email redline and the mt90 is what they recommend for syncros going out.

Originally posted by Nvdgtr View Post
        I plan on changing my tranny fluid with Redline MT90 75W90. I have bought 5 bottles (5L) which should be enough. Wondering if anyone else is running this any how its been, I have a sometimes grind in 4th and would like to get rid of it..

let me know

thanks

Comment

I'm going to replacing all fluids in my car and I'm getting mixed results from this thread...
          for tranny fluid I was going to use redline shockproof, people are saying its not good for it????

what transmission and diff fluid is best?

Does anyone have an updated list of what fluids to use? it seems really back and forth in here.
          That girl with the GT-R

Comment

Just use redline MT-90 for a stock box, unless you have a dog set in there, then run the shockproof. Its too thick of an oil for a synchro box (and corrodes the brass)

Engine: Redline 10W-40
            ETS side: Nissan Matic D ATF
            T-case: Mobil gen purpose ATF
            Gearbox: heavy shockproof (dog engagement)
            Front diff: Castrol 80W-90
            Rear diff: Redline 75W-90

Thats what I use anyways.
            Last edited by R32-90; 04-08-2015, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Just picked up my r32 GTR and was wondering what would be best as far as engine oil I was planning on going a Mobil 1 10w-30

Comment

Originally posted by FamousGTR View Post
                Just picked up my r32 GTR and was wondering what would be best as far as engine oil I was planning on going a Mobil 1 10w-30
                I'd go for a higher weight, especially if you're living in a hot climate like TX. I run 10W-40 on my street driven car, takes a little bit to get up to temp, but the car seems to like it.

Comment

Working...
                X