Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My car has a rebuilt S-Tune RB26. what are the odds that they addressed this issue when it was rebuilt in 2000?
    Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Anyone knows what production number the good crank 1993 GTR starts at .

Comment

Not sure of the number, but it was late 93.
        1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
        www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

I was just wondering if someone could explain to me how the boss collar gets rounded off if it isn't slipping from the pump drive? If the pump drive sleeves directly onto the boss collar without any gap, there shouldn't be any slip, and thus, no potential to round the edges of the collar off.

The only reason the collar would round itself off is if there's sufficient slip between the collar and the oil pump drive. And I think it's safe to assume that as soon as theres slip, there would be an immediate drop in oil pressure.

This is purely speculation but perhaps the collar was manufactured with rounded edges? Someone reply to me!
          Legend of the red R

Comment

i think i figured out part of why the collars dont always fix the problem
            a friend and i were thinking of making some custom gears that are stronger material and we took some measurements of my crank collar and my oil pump
            there was a total of .013" play between the collar (drive) and the gear face (driven)
            now thinking about it most pumps fail at the limiter or at high revs due to vibration
            .013" play is like a little jack hammer hitting the oil pump at the limiter or with alot of vibration. we are making a better fitting collar to address this issue. i figure if we measure thermal expansion of the collar and thermal expansion of the driven gear at say 200degF and factor in .001" press the pump should be near unbreakable as long as the engine is warmed up completely before beating on it. now the crank will be balanced also and a good damper looks promising as well. I'll let you know what i find out when we put it all back together

Comment

A little bit clueless

This might be an ignorant question... but assuming there is nothing major wrong with the engine, how much should one expect a rebuild would cost?
              1992 Skyline GTR - Garage Queen
              2009 Dodge Caravan - Woopee
              1989 240sx - Rusty Beater
              1979 Nomad Skyline - 23' Camper Trailer

Comment

anywhere from a few hundred for all the gaskets to thousands if you want new internals.

Comment

Originally posted by Wedge View Post
                  Anyone knows what production number the good crank 1993 GTR starts at .
                  I wondered the same. After some intense search and with the help of FAST was able to find all i needed to know. here's my thread

As the title says, I need a starter for my R32. Here are two possible part numbers. 23300-20P00 or 23300-20P05. Both are the same but the 05 is the newer model. If you have the solenoid only, that's fine too as I really only need the solenoid, worse case. I broke a stud on the solenoid coil posts. Need asap.

hope this helps

Comment

Wasn't the R32 Crank changeover a Zenki/Kouki thing ?

Comment

Originally posted by r3gill View Post
                      I wondered the same. After some intense search and with the help of FAST was able to find all i needed to know. here's my thread

As the title says, I need a starter for my R32. Here are two possible part numbers. 23300-20P00 or 23300-20P05. Both are the same but the 05 is the newer model. If you have the solenoid only, that's fine too as I really only need the solenoid, worse case. I broke a stud on the solenoid coil posts. Need asap.

hope this helps

Wow thanks i just stumbled upon your reply while searching for something and didnt remember i asked that question . I gave up on getting one a short time after that post i guess . Im trying lately to find a way to know by serial number on the engine if the motor is a march 93 or later engine or not so when i go hunting for an RB26 ill know whitch one has the collar and whitch one dont .Thanks alot for finding out the month

Comment

Originally posted by Wedge View Post
                        Wow thanks i just stumbled upon your reply while searching for something and didnt remember i asked that question . I gave up on getting one a short time after that post i guess . Im trying lately to find a way to know by serial number on the engine if the motor is a march 93 or later engine or not so when i go hunting for an RB26 ill know whitch one has the collar and whitch one dont .Thanks alot for finding out the month
                        simply by putting your car's vin# into fast will help you figure which crankshaft you have. I'd be interested in finding out how engine serial # works.

Comment

Thats what i want to know how to get the engine serial to work because im looking at engines to put in Z . If i ever find something ill let you know .

Comment

anytime mate.. you can also go to mcfly's website gtrpwr.com and download fast. Its a useful tool to have.

Comment

You machine the old one off and shrink the new one on
                              I use .05mm heat the collar, press it on let it cool, then pin it with 2 grubscrews screwed into a tapped blind hole, loctite
                              New had one fail yet, made about 35 of them ...

Comment

going to toss up my thread on the oil drive issue. Its almost like a pop up book on the oil drive issue that EVERYONE should check out.

ALLEN PETERSEN
                                Number (604) 961-2449
                                4XTOYS/ Lower Mainland Skyline Service and aftermarket RB parts.
                                RB30`s for sale!

Comment

Working...
                                X