This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bancroft
    I was wondering if anybody has tried fitting their car with the JUN oil pump drive collar?

Does this seem like a solution, or just a temporary fix until you can get a rebuild? I would like to change my stock pump out for an N1 or a JUN, but I won't do it if it will still have drive issues.

Thanks,
    Matt
    I'm willing to bet that their 'machining require' comment means you need to mod the crank itself.

Dan
    sigpic
    The Beaumont Connection

Comment

To apply the JUN collar or custom fabbed collar, you need to take the crank out, to have it/them machined on. Both of these are a perminant solutions. I know SCI had some custom ones done up.

There is no way you can solve this issue by modifing the oil pump, because there is still not enough contact area on the oilpump drive. Please check the pics from the links at the beginning of this thread to see the comparison of the pump drives.
      1989 Skyline GTR

"Want to Race? Save it for the track!"
      www.victoriamotorsports.ca

Comment

The new crankshaft from Nissan is not too expensive £650GBP they only sell the wide contact area type now. If you dont try to run a big capacity oil pump off a small drive crank you should be ok. The back plate screws on the standard pump sometimes become loose I think a equal number of engines die of this

Comment

Originally posted by gtrjazz
          The new crankshaft from Nissan is not too expensive £650GBP they only sell the wide contact area type now.
          Can anyone confirm how long this has been the case please ? cheers.

Comment

Do you guys know if I have to change all this stuff if my intention is to keep the car 100% stock?

Comment

Do they stock nismo editions have this problem, cause Nismo oil pump diff etc right? or is it still AN AFTERMARKET NISMO part.

Comment

how mutch cost a oil pump, stock or n1,,,,i now that the jun is about 1000$,i think a genuine must be less. my car at idle is 4 bar at cold and .5bar hot, and at 3000rpm hot on high way never more than 2 bar.
                1989 SKYLINE GTR
                KAD paint
                FMIC
                HKS bov & piping
                TWIN 3in DOWN PIPE
                FREE CAT
                4in CATBACK
                STAGE 4 CLUTCH ( 6 puck )
                N1 OIL PUMP
                STEEL WHEEL TURBOS
                N1 RODS
                WISECO 87 MM FORGED PISTONS
                ACL MAIN & ROD BEARINGS ( std )
                COMETIC HEAD & BUTTOM END
                SIEMENS 750CC INJECTORS
                WALBRO 255
                12.3 @ 112MPH

Comment

Originally posted by typerrr View Post
                  how mutch cost a oil pump, stock or n1,,,,i now that the jun is about 1000$,i think a genuine must be less.

stock pump is 319$ plus shipping,
                  N1 pump is 419$
                  drive collar 124$

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by gtrjazz
                    The new crankshaft from Nissan is not too expensive £650GBP they only sell the wide contact area type now.
                    Can anyone confirm how long this has been the case please ? cheers.
                    They stopped making the cranks with the short collar halfway thru 1993. All the new OEM cranks are the same as the ones put into the BNR34's.

Do you guys know if I have to change all this stuff if my intention is to keep the car 100% stock?
                    I think it is a good idea to change the oilpump and fix the pump drive at their age, but it will only be a serious problem if you over rev. Keep the tach bellow the redline and you should be safe.
                    1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Oil pump crank issue

I gotta s14 swapped rb26(90) with a garrett gt28r turbo upgrade, ingector upgrade, with standalone pushing 465whp. I planning to start drifting with it...you guys are scaring the hell out of me with this problem. I know that im gonna over rev quite a bit while drifting. Do I have to consider changing that oilpump crank before starting to beat my26?????? I really dont wanna blow it up, the engine cost me way to much money so far....... What would you suggest??????? Thank youfor your reply!!!!
                      Skyline rules!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jeffmessner View Post
                        I gotta s14 swapped rb26(90) with a garrett gt28r turbo upgrade, ingector upgrade, with standalone pushing 465whp. I planning to start drifting with it...you guys are scaring the hell out of me with this problem. I know that im gonna over rev quite a bit while drifting. Do I have to consider changing that oilpump crank before starting to beat my26?????? I really dont wanna blow it up, the engine cost me way to much money so far....... What would you suggest??????? Thank youfor your reply!!!!
                        It would be less expensive to replace it now rather than after it fails. Being a 90 motor it has the bad crank. High RPMs will only accelerate the wear on this part.

R32.4 GTR

Comment

^^^ Ya, if you are going to be running the engine hard, I would do the oilpump drive and get a better oilpump. JUN collar is around $125 and JUN and Nismo pump will be about $1000.

Seeing as you will have to pull the crank, do bearings and rings while you are at it.
                          1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

do the Nismo versions suffer from the oil pump drive issue also?
                            SOLD:1990 Skyline GTR Nismo #283

Comment

I believe it is any early 93 and older.
                              1989 Skyline GTR

Comment

Hi Sean, boy my crank collar photos's turn up all over the place

Comment

Working...
                                X