Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if my car is stock and i buy the Jun Collar, i can swap that out and say my engine is safe ?

Comment

No, that just means your oil pump won't disengage from the crank snout. It could still shatter the gears as it's still an OEM pump.

Comment

haha, i remember this thread. (:
        Double track drift, yo.
        http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

Hi I'm new to the GTR

I'm soon to be taking delivery of a march 93 Vspec. Are there any cons to this year engine?
          Aside from the oem oil pump itself, in oem spec is it as good as its going to get with regards to keeping the engine safe?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jimBNR32 View Post
            Hi I'm new to the GTR

I'm soon to be taking delivery of a march 93 Vspec. Are there any cons to this year engine?
            Aside from the oem oil pump itself, in oem spec is it as good as its going to get with regards to keeping the engine safe?

Thanks

bump?

Comment

Not that I heard of. Other than the pump problem with the earlier engines the Vspec engine is the exact same. Only some things changed with the exterior like rims and brakes.
              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Given this topic is about oil problems, my question is really related to this area, is a march 93 going to have the updated oil pump drive? Whether or not it's a Vspec I think makes no difference (I realise it's only brakes/wheels and possibly finned diff (or something Vspec has)?

I've read various dates when drive was was changed on the r32, hense trying to confirm. :-)
                (chassis is 3****)

If so surely if is likely to have it, this is why i thought its likely to be the stronger of the r32 revisions? (Vspec or not).

Comment

They supposedly fixed the problem after I think was 1991 on R32GTR.

Vspec = Victory specification or basically a stripped down version (more street friendly) of N1 GTR that competed at Nurburgring. Basically it lacks the engine, turbo's, oilcoolers (engine, gearbox, diffheads, transfercase, fuel, etc). Nothing you can't buy, just it won't be registered at factory as a N1 GTR (factory built racecar) with supporting documentation to prove that it is.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Originally posted by Skym View Post
                    They supposedly fixed the problem after I think was 1991 on R32GTR.

Given post2 of this large thread suggests its 02/93 and your saying it's 91 is the reason why I'm asking this thread to try and find out the definative answer, lol. Where have you read it's 91?
                    Given that post was made a long while ago, I'm trying to see if this is indeed correct and it is 02/93 that the change over happened???

Comment

Originally posted by jimBNR32 View Post
                      Given post2 of this large thread suggests its 02/93 and your saying it's 91 is the reason why I'm asking this thread to try and find out the definative answer, lol. Where have you read it's 91?
                      Given that post was made a long while ago, I'm trying to see if this is indeed correct and it is 02/93 that the change over happened???
                      The multiple other posts saying 93 were correct.
                      Double track drift, yo.
                      http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5228.gif

(oo sκylιnε oo)

Comment

All the guys on UK forums say it was fixed on the 92+ cars...
                        BNR32- Sold
                        1998 Evolution V

Comment

The fix came after Feb 93.

I have a 92 GT-R. The crank drive is not fixed.

Comment

If your RB26 is suffering from low oil pressure, but you feel it is not due for a rebuild, by all means, I would pull the oil pump and check the phillips head screws in the back as they tend to come loose and cause low oil pressure. I've found pics of this problem on other sites, and the pump in mine has 3 of the screws backed 1/4".Bearings were great. The oil pump was only engaged by 3/16".
                            New oil pump drive heated and crank packed in dry ice, pressed on. New N1 pump going on, of course.
                            There's no buisness like GO biusness

Comment

I read through what I could but couldnt find an answer. I have to questions: As of a stock 1991 GTR block, would an R34 pump fit? I need a new oil pump, but I wont have the money to address the drive issue until I pull the bottom end this winter. I just want to replace the pump so I can enjoy the summer but for the life of me I can only find an R34 OEM pump. Which is great, but will it fir in my R32 RB26?

2nd: Whats prepfer/less expensive/best: Machining down the R32 crank to fit the new oil drive collar, or just buying an R34 N1 crank for $800?

Comment

I want to buy an R32 GTR which has the new "revised/fixed" crank. In Feb. 93, as stated previously, R32's were built with the new/revised crank.
                                My Question: Does this mean I have to buy a '94 GTR (because vehicles are sometimes built in (let's say) 93 but the age according to the VIN/registry says (let's say) 94 i.e., the build date is ~a year before the advertised year of the car.

I'm thinking I'll end up getting a '94 (as I want the R32 since the 33 is just not for me) just to be on the safe side.
                                Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X