No announcement yet.

REIMAX (Collar clearances, pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO, i find a new thread on gtr.UK - http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/107051-my...project-4.html, in which the guy comparing N1, REIMAX and the best pump that is everybody is comparing - TOMEI one, and the Tomei pump, has the smallest clearances from all of them, im not saying that the TOMEI is UNBRAKABLE but the Tomei is become very popular because of the longivity! They puposly decrease tolerance which i think is the only way to go! TOMEI tolerances are bout 0.002-0.003 each side! - Very tight fit!

Food for thinking #2
    Please post some ideas to which company you think is going the right way
    Larger tolerances VS Tighter tolerances
    TTBB is a true ACN member

Comment

I find it funny that anyone who has a motor kack in the first 500km doesn't become incredibly anal about checking the clearances on all the bearings (the UK thread). I see he is just putting her back together with all new parts and no mention of even using some plasti-guage just to double check things are ok, or why he had intermitent oil pressure. The last motor I built I had it together and apart 4 times dry checking absolutely everything (obviously not turning anything, which is why it was 4 times). Everything was right on the money and it is still running to this day (8 years later) putting out 100hp more than stock parts should.

Thread suscribed......

Jon.
      Last edited by Dragon Humper; 06-17-2011, 02:05 AM.
      Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

don't forget it's a 2 pc inner gear. if you want to compare clearance of 1 pc to 2 pc inner gears need to measure total clearance... crank to spline adapter + spline adapter to inner gear (2pc) = crank to gear (1pc). splines allow stuff to flex. too bad that set up doesn't fit into stock housing and too bad it cost 5 times more than upgraded gear...

Comment

This is an interesting thread. Just got off the phone from my engine builder who has Built engines for Nismo when they raced the skyline in GT500 class as well as Nissan touring cars in the UK. According to him there should be clearance between the crank and inner gear to compensate for flexing in the crank at high rpm. A tighter clearance would be good for low end rpm but would shatter the gear at higher rpm. I have a new r34 crank and a reimax gear kit. Will do some measuring later and post the results.
          Supertec Racing

Comment

I measured mine today (just the reimax gear) on a brand new crank. Clearance was 0.17 one side and 0.16 the other.

Supertec Racing

Comment

Anybody had a Reimax gear set break? I'm still really torn between getting a tomei pump, putting in a head restrictor and calling it a day, or just putting in the reimax gear in my std pump and calling it a day.

I use my GTR for street use mainly, and will be taking it to the track for autox, and time attacks once I have completed the necessary cooling mods & baffling in the oil pan. So I think the reimax would be more than enough for my requirements. Just planning on going uprated turbos, and boost. Probably around 400-450AWHP, nothing crazy, just reliable fun power.

But part of me wants to go full out with the Tomei pump and head restrictor...

Comment

Originally posted by FRRACER View Post
                This is an interesting thread. Just got off the phone from my engine builder who has Built engines for Nismo when they raced the skyline in GT500 class as well as Nissan touring cars in the UK. According to him there should be clearance between the crank and inner gear to compensate for flexing in the crank at high rpm. A tighter clearance would be good for low end rpm but would shatter the gear at higher rpm. I have a new r34 crank and a reimax gear kit. Will do some measuring later and post the results.
                I retract some of my earlier statements in this thread and now agreee with this.
                oh hai!

Comment

Originally posted by Armanio View Post
                  Anybody had a Reimax gear set break? I'm still really torn between getting a tomei pump, putting in a head restrictor and calling it a day, or just putting in the reimax gear in my std pump and calling it a day.

I use my GTR for street use mainly, and will be taking it to the track for autox, and time attacks once I have completed the necessary cooling mods & baffling in the oil pan. So I think the reimax would be more than enough for my requirements. Just planning on going uprated turbos, and boost. Probably around 400-450AWHP, nothing crazy, just reliable fun power.

But part of me wants to go full out with the Tomei pump and head restrictor...
                  Go with the Reimax IMO. i doesn't sound like you'll be putting the pump through much of the real nasty stuff, such as banging off the limiter, extended time in the high harmonics rpms, etc.
                  oh hai!

Comment

Better option here:

The slack with Reimax was just shocking, more than the optimal clearance needed for a flat drive setup! I cannot accept that so the Spline drive will be the best option going forward.
                    Last edited by FRRACER; 05-20-2014, 07:26 PM.
                    Supertec Racing

Comment

Tomei pump is not immune from breaking, the flat drive is the real weakness. Jun pumps fail too as do Greddy.
                      Supertec Racing

Comment

Everything "can" fail. Which is significantly different from "will" fail. You can kill anything depending on your driving habits.
                        I'm on a stock pump, oil cooler, 427whp, never shift above 8g rpm and track the $hi+ out of my car. No issues yet.
                        I've got 156k on the odo.
                        Due diligence is prudent while building but IMO there's a lot of paranoia on this subject.
                        Just wanted to put my .2 in.

... Subscribed to this thread non the less.

Comment

Originally posted by FRRACER View Post
                          Better option here:

The slack with Reimax was just shocking, more than the optimal clearance needed for a flat drive setup! I cannot accept that so the Spline drive will be the best option going forward.
                          That is the only way to go. That flat drive setup is a total joke...I still shake my head when I think about that one. The GM LS motors use the same drive and the failure rate of the pumps can be counted on one hand. An N1 with this drive will supply 90% of the builds out there.

Jon.
                          Why don't you come over to MySpace and Twitter my Yahoo untill I Google all over your Facebook.

1990 GTR Drag Special T88H34D 11.24 @ 127.55mph at only 1.2bar...... officially. SOLD

Comment

I can't find a link to buy that supertec racing spline drive pump or pricing etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^ x2^^^

Comment

We do not have a site yet being worked on, if you want these gears please drop me a pm, will give you all the details.
                                Supertec Racing

Comment

Working...
                                X