No announcement yet.

That strange clicking sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im in the middle of trying to figure this out in my car right now. It affects my power steering/hicas as well. My lights dim when it clicks, maybe its dropping the voltage too low for a split second causing the Hicas to not function. I wonder if these cars should have a Capacitor installed somewhere in the system, considering most have quite a bit of draw off their batterys.

Comment

i have that too.....yea it does dim the lights in the car but very quick....it mite be just normal.....it does it when idling only....usually when warm up...its a relay coz if it is its either shot or not...skylines so complicated
      Toy: BNR32
      DD: R50

Comment

Its not the Fuel pump relay.
        The clicking is generated from the Atessa control relay ( in the trunk). when it is unplugged the 4wd shuts down, and the clicking is stopped.
        It can not be normal; dropping voltage/dimming lights and clicking on and off loud.

I think ill open the relay, see whats what... maybe old contacts inside, anyone ever fix this problem ... ever? seems very common

Comment

It's not the relay, I tried putting another one in, same thing. I also bought a brand new one from Nissan. Same deal.

I did hear once that if you replace the attesa pump it might fix it but it was never confirmed. It's possible the pump gets gummed up and draws more current. I'd start there.
          2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
          2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
          2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
          1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Ive had this clicking since i bought my car to, since my tail lights and dashlights dont work i figured it was todo with the relays in the trunk but i was never able to determine what those relays were for.... guess ill look elsewhere for my light issue fix x.x
            '12 Kia Forte - Winter/Summer car
            '91 Skyline GTR - Weekend Fun/Project car

Comment

it is attesa related 100% because i dont hear it when im on rwd mode (awd fuse under hood taken out)

i just dont know y it clicks from time to time..i say its just coz its active?! i did hear it click a few times after shutdown and no key in ignition and that was weird
              Toy: BNR32
              DD: R50

Comment

Hey guys I have the same clicking and dimming of my lights, it actually is quite noticeable.
                This tread is a few years old now and I am very surprized that there is no for sure solution to this very common problem.
                And heres the weirdest thing, there is no actual answer on the internet to this question either. Im baffled, I am going to get a relay but I doubt it will fix it, as others have said. I think its the pressure accumulator
                Can someone say for sure what this problem is, there must be someone in Japan that can answer this question for all of us.

Please someone contact the right source to confirm how to get rid of the clicking with the power surge which is for sure not right
                Im sure the clicking is the relay doing its job, but why is it going on so much ?? every skyline is not like this but there is a good number that are so its obviously a malfunction of some sort is causing this.

There must be a solution, I have not found one so thats why im raising the dead with this tread
                Last edited by Collector1313; 03-30-2011, 11:58 PM.
                always building .... Finally own a 1993 BNR32

Comment

update

when the clicking happens I momentarily lose my hicas and steering get stiff as well as the dimming and surge of power.
                  I need too figure this out.
                  Can someone get the run down one this problem and why is it happening

Thanks form all of the people who will benefit from this

Comment

Clicking.... could it be some kind of relay going off and on?
                    03 lancer dead
                    68 gmc w/355 cid rice killer
                    05 chevy silverado L33
                    2010 crv Wife's ride
                    1987 Harley Softail custom

Comment

I use to have a clicking sound coming from my trunk area, not sure what it was but it stopped right after i rewired my dash/tail lights o.O

Comment

I would have that clicking sound in my trunk only when the battery was almost dead and the key was in ACC position. I thought it was something to do with the fuel pump because theres not enough juice from the battery to prime? The battery was really low. Also it would keep going and going until the key was taken out. It was very loud and annoying.
                        Last edited by bellis_GTR; 03-31-2011, 03:15 PM.
                        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

I put a new battery in mine right after i rewired my lights.... so you could be onto something

Comment

the clicking is caused by a relay that is going on and off, the whole tread has alot of people who have this problem and as I said it seems to be connected with the 4wd system

Comment

I know what is this problem

hello guys, i had this problem also until last year when the clicking occured every 5 sec and all the lights, and even the engine was suffering it when i was low RPM.. i did massive research and found that it was ATTESA accumulator that is defective, look here they explain very well the problem we all have.

I have not found a replacement accumulator so i unplugged the ATTESA and 4WD system, and now it does not click anymore.

Comment

Yeah they're about $3000 for the OEM replacement...

RHDJapan offers the best quality performance parts made in Japan including Nismo, Mugen, Defi, Spoon, Cusco, Tomei, HKS and other JDM brands.

Comment

Working...
                                X