No announcement yet.

That strange clicking sound...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Is this a joke? Wow I hope mine keeps going for a while.
    R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
    http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Read this thread over and just wanted to mention that an air gap in the reservoir is normal as per the service manual.

Quote: "

CAUTION: After air bleeding is completed, a maximum air level height of 5mm (0.20 in) is allowable." - page CH-85

Just thought I would throw this out there since I read some people were concerned about an air layer in the reservoir.

On another note:

The bleeding process outlined in the service manual is a lot more involved then the ones I have read on the GTR Australia forums. Those don't mention doing anything inside the car besides disconnecting that one connector on the driver side.

Also, no mention of an air bleed switch on the forums like in the service manual.

Is if possible to bleed this from under the reservoir?

Comment

UUUUUUUUUuuuuuugh I have that click, thought it was just normal and noticible because I had stripped my interior.

So what should I do? If you guys know where I can find a cheap accumulator, PM me.
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Have a VERY SIMILAR problem until I solved w/ the help of my boys from Tokyo. The culprit is... the Attesa Accumulator! You don't have to buy the whole expensive assembly just the small nitro charged cylinder tank (made by KYB).

And Ever wondered why the Hicas light flickers during the clicks? The simple reason is because our BNR32 Hicas is sooooo damn sensitive on voltage drops, that's why it is reacting if the Atessa relay keeps on engaging every 10 sec. or so. There is a thread in SAU on how to replace it. And we are more lucky actually coz some BNR34 owners are already having these problems, to think ours have it like 20 years later. lol. Here's the problem solved link from GTROC- http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/131156-hi...d-trunk-3.html Good luck!
          Last edited by GodziRRa; 10-03-2011, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Right on that is a sweet link you shared! I'm going to try bleeding mine first and if the clicking persists I'll order the part.

Nissan part number listed on your link is: 41630-20U00.

Do you know where the KYB unit can be ordered from? No one has shared that info on the other forums, well not that I was able to find anyways.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by menace View Post
              Right on that is a sweet link you shared! I'm going to try bleeding mine first and if the clicking persists I'll order the part.

Nissan part number listed on your link is: 41630-20U00.

Do you know where the KYB unit can be ordered from? No one has shared that info on the other forums, well not that I was able to find anyways.

Thanks!
              Yes matey. Thru my good friends from Tokyo. Had to ask a favor from them since this canister may be under the "dangerous" item list in an air freight, coz of its explosive properties under pressure. They sealed it on nicely on the package and it did arrive on my door step safely. I'll send you PM of the supplier.

Comment

weird, i just realized i haven't got the click since i bled the attessa
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

That is what I'm hoping for, will try to get that done tomorrow.

Did you follow the service manual directions or one of the online how-to's?

Comment

LOL 5 years later and someone might have solved it? I wanna see how this plays out
                    2015 Audi RS7 Sepang Blue
                    2009 Yamaha R1 Raven Black - SOLD
                    2005.5 Audi S4 Sprint Blue Pearl - SOLD
                    1989 Nissan Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by menace View Post
                      That is what I'm hoping for, will try to get that done tomorrow.

Did you follow the service manual directions or one of the online how-to's?
                      service manual
                      sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

I was reading in a Skyline owners repair manual that I found online that you can download, and it said that it's the fuel pump relay and that its supposed to click every couple of seconds.
                        1995 R33 Skyline GTR

1991 R32 Skyline GTR - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by dak24 View Post
                          I was reading in a Skyline owners repair manual that I found online that you can download, and it said that it's the fuel pump relay and that its supposed to click every couple of seconds.
                          The Fuel Pump relay is different from the Atessa Relay at the boot. And it is more audible you can notice it as unusual or as the T.S said "strange" clicking sound.

Comment

alot of people confirmed that it's the nitrogen canister needing to be recharged or replaced on the atessa accumulator. Anyone know where it's located on the car?
                            Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Originally posted by Rides View Post
                              alot of people confirmed that it's the nitrogen canister needing to be recharged or replaced on the atessa accumulator. Anyone know where it's located on the car?
                              Right on! Causing the Attesa relay to keep on clicking every 20 sec. or so on a very low charged accumulator. It is located, if I remember it right, on the rear differential. It is a small canister made by KYB.

Comment

any idea where i can purchase one? not sure how to search for it. Should the canister be replaced? or the whole assembly?
                                Godzilla - 哥斯拉 - ゴジラ - گودزیلا - Годзилла - גודזילה

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

Working...
                                X