Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
    cool, the **** actually weighs 5lbs on its own.

damn your intake was actually fairly clean. I have at least 1-2lbs of wet bugs/dirt/**** on top of that.
    Yea, wasn't too bad! Most of the crap was stuck down inside the housing but i wasn't in the mood to explore any of the contents.. just dumped her out and cleaned it up.
    It is nice not having the two fittings protruding from the firewall!

What did you do to the fill the holes? Was thinking of just slapping some neffy wrap over them.. lol

you working on the car this sunday marc?
    can i come by to check it all out?
    Ohh.. i donno, i'm usually in church for the majority of the day..
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Supraclean View Post
      Nice work Marc! Im digging the ideas you and Mike a bouncing around. Im litterly going to delete this junk this weekend/ with finishing on my brake lines I hope. Also solid weld job, keep up the good work.
      Thanks man! Ya just goes to show you there is an endless supply of crap lingering in our cars.. Just take a night to sift through the contents under your dash/carpet and you'll learn there's a lot of weight to be saved.

Comment

• Do you got any more interior shots? How long did it take you to get all the sound deadening shyte off? I got my pass seat out, rear seats. everything in the truck and rear seat belts out. Im waiting till the car is in storage to do the sound deadening, carpet and paint.
        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• If you just do the hammer and chisel method, it will take you a long time. I did my trunk and rear seats of my 240 and it took me a good 8 hours. Maybe im just slow. But yeah.

Seriously. Get yourself some dry ice. You will be way happier
          sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
          ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

• PA NEW MATIC chisel ftw! Obviously if you can't get your hands on one of these, dry ice may work - haven't tried it though but i've heard good praises.

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
              Ohh.. i donno, i'm usually in church for the majority of the day..
              I'm kidding about this though.. lol I'll most definitely be there :P (at work)

Comment

I'm kidding about this though.. lol I'll most definitely be there :P (at work)
                ok cause you fcking scared me.. pm the adress of the shop, and between what hours i can come by, i might help you a bit too
                sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

What did you do to the fill the holes? Was thinking of just slapping some neffy wrap over them.. lol

Sure, if you want it to melt and burn off. Neffy is horrible for dealing with heat.

I took the stck grommet, elec. taped the back then used gasket maker over it to make a solid 1/8" thick seal of rubber to be integrated w/ the grommet.

Comment

• im starting to worry you 2 may have bulimia! everytime I look in this thread your cars are spewing out more stuff..... lol :S
                    The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• ,,,, you glorious bastard!.. you did that by yourself? looks incredible! - using my mind powers to talk about the upcoming pics he will post a little later... LOL
                      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                        ,,,, you glorious bastard!.. you did that by yourself? looks incredible! - using my mind powers to talk about the upcoming pics he will post a little later... LOL
                        LOLL

YEE! Spent all effin day messing around with the TIG

For my first real welding project with no previous experience, i have to say it's quite a challenge, but you do eventually get into the rhythm of it. I absolutely love it, and i never thought i'd enjoy welding as much as i do now.

Planning to offer this to people looking for a front facing plenum option and who dont want to spend 600+ dollars on a standard front facing "Greddy" type.

And no, it does not lean 5-6. Do your research. SAU, Skylineowners, GTRUK. NO signs of leaning, and better yet, it's said to lower spool upwards of 400-600 rpm with a stock setup, (2700-2800 with FMIC and stock RB20/turbo). With a proper tune, this could really be a great addition to a person trying to gain more low end on a bottomless RB20. Also, it gets rid of the J-pipe and the likes and cleans up the engine bay quite nicely.

Also did this

Any guesses?.. Pretty obvious..
                        Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 12-18-2010, 11:28 PM.

Comment

• is it a carbon fiber windshield?
                          I've been brushing my teeth with jack but it's resulted in terrible amounts of tooth decay.

Comment

• YES! wow nice.. As you can see, i gave the passenger a viewing hole as well! It's that time of year, just trying to be selfless

Lol no, it's a rear speaker deck cover to replace the oem wood/carpet/heavy POS one, or, if the speaker deck is cut out, a replacement
                            Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 12-19-2010, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• If you cut intake penum apart and fitting divertor plates inside intake plenum to distribute air evenly to each runner, cylinders, that design works. But is not a good idea without the divertor plates. Makes tuning engine a nightmare with stock ECU. You can compensate via running engine richer via stock ECU (loss of hp) or via using individual cylinder fuel trim feature on aftermarket ECU's.

If they provided flow test result's to show it works, then I would believe it. Going by how a good intake plenum is designed, flow testing to prove it, that's the wrong way to do it.

The way they did it on Gibson GTS-R is the proper way -

If they found a better way, they would have done it.
                              Last edited by Skym; 12-19-2010, 08:10 AM.
                              RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• My only arguement for stock vs front facing is that; regardless of diverted plates or the casting produced in the stock unit, air is driven primarily to runners 3 and 4 in the stock setup. How can we then assume that 1 and 6 are achieving equal amounts of air? Also isn't it safe to say compressed air, entering this chamber is doing so in equal proportion per square inch, so to say each runner will be granted equal amounts of air based on the properties of compressed air..
                                If you think of the firing sequence, cylinder 6 will benefit, and cylinder one as well when the others are on their exhaust stroke, meaning air will be evenly diverted regardless.
                                I would guess cylinder 1 of all, gets it the worst, simply because the TB is right THERE, air would "bypass", but one can argue air searches for th closest most convenient route of dissipation, can also argue that the compressed air properties will disallow uneven flow. Diverters would be OPTIMAL but aren't necessary IMO. There is diversion for 456, the others are really hindering aerodynamics more than anything but i don't think enough to harm performance..

We'll see! I have heard first hand that tuning was a breeze and varied little to tuning with a stock plenum.
                                Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 12-19-2010, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X