Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the motor is done.. Finally..

Took a bit longer than i had hoped but never the less! All that remains is to weld my OEM inlet shut on my intake manifold. Then reroute new coolant/oil lines to my turbo, then it's done! Going to drop it in with both intake and exhaust manifold on to make life easier then all that's left is electrical junk to hook up.

Should have the turbo back next week i guess; i'll be posting lots of pics!

Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• funny the steamcleaners are deceiving bc they don't use steam at all.

Worked wonders on hot summer days though.

Comment

• Top notch right there, looks like your car cant wait to have that engine dropped back in.
        Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
          funny the steamcleaners are deceiving bc they don't use steam at all.

Worked wonders on hot summer days though.
          Right, just hot water? It's kind of a joke.. The only real advantage is that it sucks it up as you're going along. Otherwise, take a good brush with HOT soapy water then use a shop-vac to sop it all up afterwards - DIY steam-cleaner.

Thanks Tanner!

It's coming along! Few snags........

Comment

• And for the snags!

I've been anxious to get the motor back in the car so i've been pushing double time whenever i get a chance..

Tonight i managed to finish my weld job on the plenum, since i was able to pick up some 1/16th filler rod and ditch the 3/32 i've been using.

I ground the sides, then left the top since i thought it looked kind of nice to see some 'weld' going on.

Needs paint (Silver).

And so, how she sits as of now!

But of course, it can't ALWAYS go flawlessly.. This issue was certainly something i completely overlooked and absolutely skipped my mind when it came to designing this plenum. The only times i've ever seen this done is on an rb25, where the plenum is slightly repositioned in comparison to the 20. Also, it's larger, boxier and allows easier fitment of the TB on the front end..

Bit of an issue, but i've already got a solution..

I'll give you a hint .. It costs me nothing, and it's another DIY. (And no, its not mounting an OEM plenum lol)

I'll post the answer when it's done via photos.

Comment

• Come onnnn.. Guesses???

Comment

• Um are you talking about cable lengthening? Your throttle cable will now be too small.... That's about my only guess man.

That is looking badasss man! I love that color. I'd paint my car that color if I wasn't set on another color
                Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Nah it's fuel related! The cable issue is sorted out.

Comment

• Well now that you say that and the picture pretty much gives it away I would say spot for the fpr? It looks to be a little close to the throttle body!

Comment

• take the fuel rail out and weld the neck on the bottom instead of the top?
                      - Adam

:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• Actually there looks to be an easier way in my opinion! I have a fitting that goes right over top of that and you can then put a fitted thread to it and it will work awesome, but I would like to hear marcs way as wellZ welding would be alot of work and ruin that nice paint on there!

Comment

• Cut the little flange off and put it at the end of the fuel rail:P?
                          Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• or you can try to rotate the TB assembly...

Comment

• or use an adaptor from the stock rail to AN-6 90degree and call it a day.

Comment

• Aftermarket SARD fuel rail (works with Denso injectors) with entry on the front of fuel rail -

More Japan was founded in 2003 as a special service for importing rare, hard to find JDM parts from a select group of special Japanese automotive performance manufacturers. We import these parts directly from the manufacturer, and they come in all of their original packaging, straight from the manufacturer.

Can be run the same way as stock fuel rail, but can remote mount the FPR's.

Here's some flow data to show that angling throttle body towards 3, 4 cylinders, shape of plenum is critical to correct flow into runners, cylinders -

As far as I know, you can do flow testing in Solid works that people use when designing parts.

The intake plenum that M13 has on his RB20DET is close to perfect.
                                Last edited by Skym; 03-05-2011, 01:07 AM.
                                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                                X