Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol Josh, the AC was deleted a while ago! And im swapping the oem hood latch for locking hood pins since it took too much space and really cluttered everything up.

Originally posted by Marus92 View Post
    Nice flush with the rims Marc, I agree the rear is pretty close right now but it looks sharp. I also love the "grill" surround piece, very clean design.

It's pretty cool to see what you can do. One question though; is your oil cooler going to be slightly offset to the cooler above the rad? The combination of rhe shape of the plate and mounting it over the rad support makes me wonder if there's going to be turbulence right under the plate, especially since the support will act as an air dam. I could (probably) be wrong though.

Oh also, check your PMs, you haven't replied to any I've sent. I'd appreciate a quote on an interior part that I wanted to hire your design services for.
    Here's how i've mounted it;

No pics with the rad plate installed over this, and the hood closed, but it looks REALLY good.

I dont think that the rad plate and cross member will create enough turbulence or pockets of air to be bothersome. I've toyed with the idea, but for the amount of work to create a flat section to delete this cross member issue, it's hardly worth it.

Ya sorry, i've got about 30-40 to go through and im trying to deal with a lot of work and school at the moment but i'll get to it!!
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• looking good man, if those lines are touching the rad you can always put teflon spiral wrap just around that section so no damage is done from vibration. that's what we use on our aircraft. wouldn't know where to get that out side of work though,...
      - Adam

:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
        I dont think that the rad plate and cross member will create enough turbulence or pockets of air to be bothersome. I've toyed with the idea, but for the amount of work to create a flat section to delete this cross member issue, it's hardly worth it.

Ya sorry, i've got about 30-40 to go through and im trying to deal with a lot of work and school at the moment but i'll get to it!!
        Now that I see your setup, you're definitely better off mounting it at the top like your prototype lol. I knew you'd probably have a crap load of PMs

BTW, I'm running a simulation of the plate at 100kmh for ya, just for shits. It's probably not going to be worth anything though lol, it's a really basic geometry. Funny though, it's really taking it's sweet time...

Edit: Looks good, there's a pocket of stagnant air right at the crossmember, but it's small and there's no turbulence.
        Last edited by MarusGTR; 03-27-2011, 08:00 PM.
        1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Alex, this was our prototype, and since we designed it with the headlight and bumper assemblies off we had no idea how much overhang there would be. Fortunately our new mould extends the length of the housing and covers the lights.

Thanks Brian! Oil cooler is gonna be where the OEM latch assembly is. So right in the middle in the opening of the grill. I liked it below in the bumper valence but my new ic and piping makes it tough to fit anything down there. Going to use locking hood pins instead of the latch.
          Very nice!! I'm down for one.
          Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

the car is absolutely, ridiculously beyond low.
            Haha bit of an exaggeration there, but looks clean.

Your height = functional

This = low; http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l.../Skyline15.jpg

This = ridiculous; http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/l...00202-1956.jpg
            Last edited by Muss; 03-28-2011, 12:49 PM.
            Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

• Ridiculous is very nice but a good in between would be even better. Muss your car looks awesome
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Lol this IS ridiculously low.. Touche

Comment

• So finally, some updates worth posting;

Made my throttle cable up;

Blocked off my AACV

This warranted me to get ditch the balance tube and any other junk to the front.

To get the car to idle without having to feather the gas, you need to adjust the throttle body with the small set screw, then 0 out the TPS (return to .48-.50). Then you're allowing % of air in at idle.. You need to do this warm, since the cold start tables will run 1500 rpm off the bat typically and you'll be compensating for cold start values, not warm idle. Once you adjust the set screw, readjust the TPS to .48-.50 again and you're set!

I'll admit, after messing with the car on, the AACV was nice with power windows, fan and power steering (at a stop, turn the wheel full lock, there is a bit of strain on the system). But with an idle at 1200 rpm, you're good as gold without it.

IACV is also gone.

Got new speakers !

Infinity Reference;

They're now installed.. Pics to come.

Intercooler pipes fabbed up;

Not the most fun from scratch mind you, but it was an experience.

Done.

Rad cooling plate is now mounted. I'll have pics of that soon..

My only issue now is a squealing alternator belt.. Seems to be a lot of load and the damn belt was too long, so my adjuster is out of adjustment lol. Need to get a shorter belt .. But otherwise the CAR RUNS!! And runs very well too..

Stock turbo is in for the moment, but my new turbo comes in tomorrow. I'm running an rb25 wastegate and closing off the EBC for now. Going to spend some time working out small kinks for the time being and get it running 100% before i start messing around there.

Hood pins go on tonight, then alignment this week Driving it to toronto saturday, so wish skyleezy luck on its 5 hour maiden voyage! lol

Comment

• I like.
                    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• stupid question...but howd u eliminate the IACV? this doesnt affect anything?

Comment

• Come another 2 hours to London! Hahaha NOT!
                        Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Drop down to ktchener and come check some **** out man. I should be around some time on the weekend
                          Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Originally posted by Skym View Post
                            I like.
                            Thanks!

Blake - IACV isnt the issue, since its a cold start solenoid. The AACV affects the air inlet based on the amount of power being exerted (electronically) on the vehicle. I wouldn't suggest doing it if you have a functioning AC, for instance, since the compressor load is quite substantial on the system and the solenoid would open to increase air, inevitably raising fuel and etc (adjusts engine idle/afr accordingly).
                            Otherwise, it doesnt do much but adjust idle. While driving, using windows and acc. you wont notice it, however when stopped it will drain some serious power.

Hahah Bryan and Chris, i'll be back down that way soon dont worry! :P

Comment

• ok perfect man..if u still have urs...mine might not being working right the (IACV) if you want..ill buy yurs...if i need it..thanks.lemme no..just PM or text me dude

Comment

• Nice Job. Very informative write-up. Recently picked up my first import and had an 86 Monte Carlo previously. Looking forward to the working on my 92 GTS and starting my own thread when i get home from camp. Would really like to know how you made the molds for your carbon fiber
                                -FireFace

92 Skyline GTS
                                09 Tacoma 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X