Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3353lbs is still a massive amount, it's 1530kg. Nelsons car is almost 1000lbs lighter then yours (and even mine). I was in nelsons car when it wasnt tuned fully and it's fast. I can easily say it's faster then ur car that has 400whp. Power to weight is the key!!! More nibble and quicker in every way.

Frank you gotta strip your car fully. I'm sure that bolt-in cage isn't light either.

Comment

• I WAS in marks car today... It's bloody fast, the fourth gear torque is immense!! and first through third is madness. that is all.
      The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Any videoclips of his car on racetrack (track is good place to check how quick it is)???
        RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Frank - any roadside weight station that is not occupied can measure your cars weight. Just make sure there's no one there (obvious since there are no yellow flashing lights telling truckers that the station is open lol).. Drive onto the scale - which there are 5-6 for the length of the truck. The furthest one to the front is a measurement of the front 2 axles and motor etc, but it didnt yield different results wherever i stationed the car so im assuming they're all the same.

Ya Josh came for a ride today.. We came to the conclusion that Skym's predictions of a hybrid RB25 turbo on a cammed rb20 IS violent. The threshold between lag and boost is discernibly the scariest thing because when my full hp kicks in, as does my torque. Traction is minimal so to speak.. So 1st through 3rd is rather useless until we get some proper weather..

Ill have a couple go pro's in my possession soon, and track days should commence in the next few weeks, so i should get some footage for you!

The car IS fast... And my weight predictions were spot on.. I'm incredibly pleased

And again, this weight is fully loaded - ie. oil, water, full gas tank, OEM seats and OEM GTST hood.

Hood will be switched for a carbon one in the next month i think..
          Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
          www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
          Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
          Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Also, i'll probably run the boost up to 21 psi in the next few weeks ... just to see

Comment

• Sounds awesome man. Would love to see a video
              Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Best way I can describe it, vision just blanks out when that violent transistion happens.

I get a similar violent transistion (increase in transient response) on my car with hybrid turbo, even with 12psi. But after solving suspension problems, has traction which makes it even more scary (I would suggest looking into suspension setup, mechanical LSD which can be rebuilt and replace worn bushes, fitting wider tyres, etc if you want more grip in dry conditions). Also you might need to fit semi slicks, but could lead to drivetrain failure if it hooks up. It's better to have wheelspin to reduce the shock on drivetrain when launching. Learnt that the hard way after 3x shaft's were damaged, diffhead failed (single spinner).

GTR transient response is alot smoother due to twin turbo, etc, but can be just as quick or quicker when on dragstrip. My mates ex N1 GTR racecar that is stripped to bare chassis is like that, but deceptively quicker. It feels like an easy 11 sec car on low boost setting. Has amazing amount of grip, acceleration, especially when exiting corners. But to be expected on well setup GTR with semi slicks.
                Last edited by Skym; 05-04-2011, 04:29 PM.
                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Congrats Marc on the build! Very inspiring and informative thread for anyone building an RB20

Comment

• Hahaha thanks a lot man glad it's been a good amount of help! Always around here to help everyone out!

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post

Full tank of gas to boot

can you get a scale shot again but the car on the #2 section and all wheels ON scale?

thx

Comment

• Lol, they're all on the scale - regardless of where i was positioned, or on which station, it made no difference.. I opted for scale one in the end only so i could get both the car and the readings in the photo. But yes, i see what you mean, it does look like its creeping off, but its definitely not..

Plus each scale is balanced equally.. There'd be no sense made if the scales were tuned differently.

Comment

• Photos!! finally..

Check them out here!

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                            Lol, they're all on the scale - regardless of where i was positioned, or on which station, it made no difference.. I opted for scale one in the end only so i could get both the car and the readings in the photo. But yes, i see what you mean, it does look like its creeping off, but its definitely not..

Plus each scale is balanced equally.. There'd be no sense made if the scales were tuned differently.

ah I see. I just couldn't believe the 200kg diff from stock. You know, the internets...

Comment

• Nelson, did you ever get around to weighing wheel and tire combination of gtst and gtr wheels? I'm on a bit of a lightweight-build-kick myself lately. Thx

Comment

• The GTST wheels weighed in around 25 lbs each w/o tire, and the GTR wheels are 15-16 w/o tire. Pretty significant difference imo, especially since they're also 2 inches wider.

Comment

Working...
                                X