Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So we're making headway, sort of..

AMS arms are on and the car is absolutely, ridiculously beyond low. I couldn't even get the jacks out from underneath it!! So it will have to go up a smidgen.

I have run into an electrical issue..
    I may have supplied a ground to the starter with 12v + and it seemed to trip my fuel pump??? So, the fuse ultimately blew on the pump side, and since then i havent been able to regain a 12v signal wire to the relay in the trunk for my fuel pump..

Not quite sure what to think really..
    My best guess now is that the ECCS relay is faulty (luckily have one lingering at the shop) so once i change that i should know more. ECCS relay triggers the fuel pump - moreso, ignition. Whats happening now is that ACC to IGN in the key bolster does absolutely nothing - no priming, no chiming etc. The ECU is okay, thankfully. I managed to try it in Sunnypatz car this afternoon and it ran, obviously not well since it's tuned for mine, but it ran. I am getting 12v to ign on the pinout for the ECU as well, so its rendering power, it's just that i may have lost a relay or a few wires got fried in the mix.. I'll know more tomorrow.

Another small issue, my hood doesn't close! Now that i've rotated the TB around to clear the FPR, i can no longer close the hood
    I'm shimming the hinges, which has helped, but not completely. I also need to account for the engine torque so i will need a minimum of half an inch. I'm planning to put a small hump into my hood, and since it weighs a ton, it's just more incentive to eventually upgrade to something lighter

My turbo comes in next week.. Still need to sort out the lines for that as well as my oil cooler. Oil cooler placement is going to be in place of the OEM hood latch assembly, which will be substituted for locking hood pins.
    Then it's just a matter of fabbing up intercooler pipes from my existing ones, and an intake pipe!

On a side note; I can no longer access nistune after my 12v incident. Another reason i was lead to believe that the ECCS relay has blown (will not enter IGNITION), since nistune can only access the ECU from IGN. Opinions?
    Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
    www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
    Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
    Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• Electrical issues fixed.. YOU ALL SUCK!!

Ignition relay spun, so i swapped in the original fuel pump relay (2nd relay in the fuel system) from the trunk since they're the same. Have now got power and engagement to starter, and a good ground to chassis/alternator.

Also, the reason the fuel pump engaged, is because the ignition relay was harvesting power to a 12v signal i have in the trunk. Since the ground points became powered, the ignition relay surged, sending power to the pump. Since then i have CHANGED MY SIGNAL wire from pink black spotted to red striped black from the original fuel pump harness. This is the ORIGINAL signal wire from the IGN to the pump. I'd use this before the pink black, as it seems to come directly from the ignition on the ECU and is susceptible to bad grounds.

Now i'm fashioning up a longer throttle cable! Should be done today, which means i can tackle the IC piping at some point, when i stop being so busy with other stuff!

Then all that's left is turbo/oil cooler lines and hood dent? lol yaaayy
      Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 03-25-2011, 11:34 AM.

Comment

• just got the gauge pod today man! Thanks a ton. Looks great, not sure when i'm going to have time to mount it but it definitly looks awesome, thanks!
        Miss driving sooooo bad! Need to get a car on the road ASAP!

Comment

• Nice! Post some pics and send some to my email when its in! I'll put them up on the website

Comment

• what will you do about the hood?

how much higher is the TB/plenum sitting then before?

do i smell a cf hood mold in the works?
            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• About half an inch, so it's not much..

CF hood is in the works, but not likely to debut until next season..

Here are some updated shots! Been making as much headway as possible given the short amount of time i've had to work on the car!

Finally finished our prototype rad cooling plate. Need to make the final cut for the latches for consumer use, but i'll be switching to hood pins as my oil cooler will be in place of the oem latch. Should look awesome..

Anyways, all that's left is oilcooler and turbo ....... Finally..

Oh and its pretty tucked.. Rolling the fenders soon, then off to an alignment at a business near here! Has the full weight scales and all for counterbalancing so i may do the whole shebang

Front's okay and what i'm looking for.. Back is a bit extreme for me..

Then off for tune in 2 weeks

Comment

• sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Marc im digging the rad plate! Im down for that and the rear panel when I get my parts covered!
                  My car keeps on stealing my money .

Comment

• Thanks! Absolutely man!

Comment

• I like.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Marc, I love that rad panel but I'm thinking.. why not extend the panel by another maybe 1 inch to fully cover the gap between the headlight and panel?

Alex
                        Need detailing done to your car? I'm open to travel to detail your car :

http://forums.gtrcanada.com/group-buys/54899-ontario-cobraa-detailing-group-buy.html

Please follow my works and latest news/promotion at : https://www.facebook.com/Waxxonspa || Waxxon.com ||

Comment

• I think hes leaving room for air to the rad?

Marc! Skyleezy is looking much better. I love the look of the engine bay, great color scheme, nice and tidy and only whats needed is in there. Love it!

Not sure if you covered where your gonna put the oil cooler? I remember you had it in the front driver side but are you changing it around at all?
                          Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Alex, this was our prototype, and since we designed it with the headlight and bumper assemblies off we had no idea how much overhang there would be. Fortunately our new mould extends the length of the housing and covers the lights.

Thanks Brian! Oil cooler is gonna be where the OEM latch assembly is. So right in the middle in the opening of the grill. I liked it below in the bumper valence but my new ic and piping makes it tough to fit anything down there. Going to use locking hood pins instead of the latch.

Comment

• where did you AC and hood latch assemblies go? lol
                              The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonmxmarc View Post
                                Alex, this was our prototype, and since we designed it with the headlight and bumper assemblies off we had no idea how much overhang there would be. Fortunately our new mould extends the length of the housing and covers the lights.

Thanks Brian! Oil cooler is gonna be where the OEM latch assembly is. So right in the middle in the opening of the grill. I liked it below in the bumper valence but my new ic and piping makes it tough to fit anything down there. Going to use locking hood pins instead of the latch.
                                Nice flush with the rims Marc, I agree the rear is pretty close right now but it looks sharp. I also love the "grill" surround piece, very clean design.

It's pretty cool to see what you can do. One question though; is your oil cooler going to be slightly offset to the cooler above the rad? The combination of rhe shape of the plate and mounting it over the rad support makes me wonder if there's going to be turbulence right under the plate, especially since the support will act as an air dam. I could (probably) be wrong though.

Oh also, check your PMs, you haven't replied to any I've sent. I'd appreciate a quote on an interior part that I wanted to hire your design services for.
                                1992 BNR32 SKYLINE GTR

Comment

Working...
                                X