Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's good to hear.

Does a dance.
    RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• That's good to hear.

Does a dance.
      Hahah, thanks man. I've been doing a lot of dancing tonight as well! It'll be nice tomorrow, i'm excited to take it to school in the morning, regardless of the exam it will be a rewarding drive!!

Hoping to put down good power with this rebuilt turbo as well.. I'm hoping to get more info soon, but with trim options, extrude honing etc seem as if they're going to provide a very nice and effective turbo!
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• where did ya take it?
        Marc-André
        _________
        2.2L RB20 GTS-T
        ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

• Called up Blaast after you posted their info. Good guys to talk to. I'm hoping to have it in by the beginning of april, because im still dealing with injector issues it seems.. Seems they're not holding well to the pressure and seeping. But im down to a very very un-noticable seep. Still bothers me though so im in the market for a NEW set of Rb26 injectors - oem. I'm hoping to contact Nissan and see if it's possible - even 1 or 2 to swap out the bad ones.

I'll post pics of what NOT TO DO while installing injectors.. lets just say the grommets in the block do not enjoy being sucked in under boost.. LOL

If you think disconnecting an IC pipe is a bad leak, oh boy..

Comment

• http://forums.gtrcanada.com/members-...ion-52302.html
            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• 3 of the injectors were pissing at the seam internal o-ring? sadly didn't mark them before i took them out. 100$ OBO
              Getting 6 tomorrow for 100!.. All 6 work.. lol

Comment

• Ok soo a little update...

Ordered Nistune from Mike at Ztune - AMAZING GB price! Couldn't pass on this one..

Marc-Andre who tuned my ECU hooked me up with a socketed ECU, so it'll pop right in there!

Now begins the reading! I'm hoping to eventually know enough about this program and the way the motor operates to be able to tune it myself.. I'm hoping Marc can shine some light on this once it's in, but this summer the car should be operating at it's full potential!

Another little goody should be coming as well; GTR key blank Though i dont own a GTR, anything is better than the key blank im using now, which i believe was the spare key for the GTST to begin with...

As far as CF is going, a buddy of mine, Tyler Williams lent me his chibi wing to make a mould! These should be done soon! Can't wait to see the finished product. Rad cooling plate is done.. And then off to the diffuser!

Comment

• ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Winter 2010 build...?

DUN DUN DUNNNN

Ok, so i'm going to give a VERY quick and general idea of a project Phil (T-bag) and i are about to endeavour on.. I'm saying it COULD involve a stock rb20 cast block.. and it could involve an RB26..

Now as most of you know i was parting a wreck last year, the motor that was in it had 3 plugs pulled but after removing the head and inspecting, what do we see? Cross hatches? lol

The motor is in VERY good shape, considering the first cyl was seized due to the water it was ingesting, however we got it to move - it will be a project for the summer/winter depending on what parts we can source...

I wont get into detail about it because i dont think it has EVER been done, so i'd like to point it out in more detail when we finally get it running..

All i can say is.. Ultimate sleeper and insanely plausible lol.

On the same token, he gave me an Apexi decat which after removing my oem decat was probably the best modification my car has ever had.. LOL epic lameness i know, but i kept the cat for emissions as im not too keen on pollution, nor am i keen on the sound levels either - however after installing it (its a perforated, cat LOOKING device but through and through), my car is substantially quieter. Reasoning; i'd believe due to the decrease in back pressure. There's no more cavitation in circulation from my 3" dp which proves useless with the restriction of a cat. The noise would basically just resonate upon hitting it, creating a deeper tone / pop. Now the car runs incredibly well, and as people say, hp isn't noticeable, but spool time and acceleration make a very substantial difference..

Also put the check valve back in with my gtr pump, and pulled my plugs to see how things were. Rich as i suspected but oddly enough, the bcpr6eix (i believe), emphasising on the 6 - seem to be burning very well, hot enough to actually burn off any deposits..

I may switch to 7's as most recommend during the warmer months. But as it is now i'm running a 28 thou gap (~.7mm) and it definitely reduces the high end misfires i was obtaining at 30 thou (~.8mm). No big size difference, but it's amazing how affective plug maintenance and gapping is.

Comment

• -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grommet variation and Injector seep.

Grommet size; this fits between the fuel rail and injector to retain pressure on the intake runners. If this is a different size, it may no line up well, or push the grommets in the head of the motor, inside, like what happened to me..

Some engine shots!

Carbon fibre covered bumper moulding.

My interior currently..

Comment

• ... Yes i know that connector is broken, as are 2 others. Lol.. I have another loom to replace it with when it comes time.

Comment

• All I have to say is that if this works, because in theory it definetly does, this little rb20 should be a monster. Unmatched throttle response, huge powerband and all for under 1000$

I guess thats what happends when there are monster piles of skyline engine parts, 2 complete rb26's and 1 rb20, not to mention 2 wild imaginations.

after trying it this summer, Marc will run a similar setup next year. All we gotta do now is find a shell to hold this little bastard!

Comment

• updates bro' !
                          sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• omg, isnt this the new mercedes escalade?

Comment

• Hahah it certainly is! Rarest edition of all lol

Updates soon! Get my car back from impound today

For those of you who don't know - i received an "SUI"... Snoozing under the influence.. I was passed out in the drivers seat at 6 am; awoken by police to have my licence revoked for 3 months, and car impounded for 30 days for having the key present. Now i have all summer to R&D more CF parts..

So far the mold for the Rad deflector is complete, N1 Hood lip, and chibi lip. Chibi lip is near completion. We pulled the first one 2 weeks ago. Just had a fresh clear put on it and the base is being made now ..

Next mod is to have my bumper repainted - woman hit the front of my car in the parking lot of Second cup.. FML..

Also picking up a GTR rear sway bar from Franki, and swapping out all my bushings with Energy bushings. If anyone knows the part number for a kit for all, or specific end links etc, that'd be great!!

Will keep you all updated

Comment

• Got the car back from impound.. Noticed Mr. Greddy Profec had a max boost of 16.6 lbs .. on my stock turbo... Not entirely impressed but what can ya do.

As much as i've been against going to Almassi, Tyler (TW) and I have made an appointment for monday to get the cars properly tuned for the track and August, since i can't drive my effin car lol. It's been running rich as of late, and i'm a bit concerned about cylinder wash and the likes especially since it can be avoided with a proper tune. Also have nistune and the plms, so once the tune is done i'd like to start looking into that to see about doing it on my own in the future since next spring ill have my rebuilt/hi flowed neo 6 turbo back in there.

Anyways, today i decided i'd do a little compression test to be on the safe side since spending 200$ on a tune to find out you have blown rings/HG isn't on my list of things i want coming my way..

First set of numbers;
                                Cold engine and Dry
                                132 - 142 - 135 - 119 - 145 - 120

So I proceeded to sh*t my pants as most of us would...

First things i took into account; battery had been dead for a month at the impound lot and was very weak. So i through it on charge.

Next, cold motor. Numbers can have a variance of 1 - 3% ON AVERAGE. I'm not saying 100% of the time you'll get better or stronger numbers, but basic knowledge is that the rings DO in fact expand to a certain extent to provide a better seal on a less expansive bore. Of course, my plugs were out and i was way too lazy to put them back in to have the car warm up on idle.. (Fml.. lol)

Lastly, amount of cranks needed to attain a value. I was alone, so i couldnt read the gauge and crank the car over. So like last year, i did ~4 give or take 1 crank.

So finally my father shows up and i can get him to monitor the gauge... After about 8 cranks on average, still dry - the numbers grew substantially until capping off..

The newer numbers came out as such;
                                149 - 150 - 150 - 133 - 150 - 149

Relief...

133 is a bit troublesome but Phil just texted me saying he has some magic tool that cleans heads without removal - possibly a leaky exhaust valve, seeing as the HG is new, top end was polished up etc. Rings and pistons are stock however, but a leaky ring right now seems to be quite unlikely.. It just doesn't flow with the rest of the numbers.

ANYWHOSSS.. It's all back together, and i'll find out with this magic toy of Phil's is and maybe give it a shot. (Apparently it's called a Motorvac?)

At this point though, theres no oil in my coolant, and since im running straight water, it's pretty damn evident there's nothing in there .. Burns no oil, and yea, car runs great and is back in my possession .. lol

Monday - Almassi. Hoping to see some decent numbers, obviously nothing too crazy but a good tune on the leaner side would be nice.

This week as well i'm sending my blown (as you all remember BLOWN is not understatement lol) turbo to Cherry turbos out in Ottawa. I spoke to Herman there last week, he basically told me the endless possibilities of what can be done with this turbo. So far we're swapping out both wheels to steel, swapping to journal bearings to lower spool rate, and heavily porting the exhaust side. May change housing depending on whats available. I'm going to research numbers on the 2530 and see what kind of AR / trim i can compete with.

Reason for journal bearings, and the physics does make sense - BB cause friction, as a journal bearing is oil captive, it glides nicer and like mentioned, would have less friction overall, ie. why they spool slower. If the shaft is properly balanced, a journal bearing turbo can see the likes of 50 psi without a shudder.. We all know how little low end these 20's have and so anything to lower spool rates at this point would be epic. We're aiming at 3300 and around 380-400 whp. I'm pretty excited to see what can be done..
                                Keep you all posted!

Comment

Working...
                                X