Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelsonmxmarc 1993 GTSt Type-M Build / Tips-tricks for HCR32 (Skyleezy!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^^ i know heh? who the F uses these units anyway?
    in all my engineering stuff, i've never used mmHg, except for one little problem
    sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• It really is stupid.. 100mmHG..
      I was studying chemistry when i bought my car (i had high ambitions at one point, now i'm just a psych major HA).. Anyways, i couldn't figure out their logic.. Must be 'time-related', old school.
      Check out the GTST Projects page and keep up to date with my build!
      www.nelsonmx.wordpress.com
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/NelsonMX
      Any part inquiries can be forwarded to marc@nelsonmx.com

Comment

• hmm i really wanna weigh my car now.

It's got a lot of **** removed. Just not the ones I sought were worth more for what the weight reduction would gain.

AC, HICAS (full), exhaust system is light, engine ditched a lot of useless ****, both my manifolds are lighter than stock but I did add weight with bigger Rad, FMIC, oil cooler, full driftworks kit, GT3071R.

Comment

• mmhg x 14.7 / 760 = psi

+7 x 100 mmhg (corner of gauge) = 700 mmhg

So 700 mmhg x 14.7 / 760 = 13.539473684210526315789473684211 psi
          RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
            hmm i really wanna weigh my car now.

It's got a lot of **** removed. Just not the ones I sought were worth more for what the weight reduction would gain.

AC, HICAS (full), exhaust system is light, engine ditched a lot of useless ****, both my manifolds are lighter than stock but I did add weight with bigger Rad, FMIC, oil cooler, full driftworks kit, GT3071R.
            Time to step it up.. this is what we conquered today..

Rear defrost units (there are 2)

Rear speaker deck amp
            HICAS wires (the useless ones)
            All affiliated wires

Only thing going to my trunk now are turn signal/brake lights and fuel pump..

Also removed the sound deadening in the trunk, as tyler pointed out, theres some in there which i totally missed.

Also about done cutting my rebar.. Only purpose now; to hold my IC up..

Relocating my washer bottle to the trunk now too ..

See, my manifold will be stock, so zero variance.. My turbo will be "stock size" since its a hybrid, Rad is stock.. Intercooler and oil cooler are the only hinderance but they're offset by many things, aka AC delete so i dont have to worry too much in that respect. As it is now, you can pretty much move the car by grabbing hold of the tire and rocking it back and forth, it weighs almost nothing. With it gutted and head off, id say its less than 1050kg if not borderline. With the cage and gtr intercooler + piping.. im still hoping to be borderline 1100.. if i see 1080kg without me in it, i'll be a happy guy.. At the moment it looks VERY do able. I still have a few things in the trunk to rid of, as well as the rear speaker deck and other random odds and ends.
            Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 12-11-2010, 04:19 AM.

Comment

• Hey Marc, are you gonna take pictures of how you relocated the washer bottle to the trunk? I'd like to do this as well. Im not sure if it's something easy or not.
              Heart rate 160, I'm goin 260, RB26 run me past you in a jiffy

GT-R

O O SKYLINE O O

Comment

• Not sure how to yet Brian. Besides running the wires for the wiper motor and a separate plastic tube, I'm unsure of how to mount it. It fits where the jack normally goes so it's entirely out of sight! Just need to figure out how to bolt it in..
                You can use the tube from the rear wiper if you've deleted it.. I took it out first so stupid.. Lol

Comment

• Here's some motivation and is said to be in the 1000-1100kg area -

Last edited by Skym; 12-11-2010, 02:30 PM.
                  RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Originally posted by bellis_GTR View Post
                    Hey Marc, are you gonna take pictures of how you relocated the washer bottle to the trunk? I'd like to do this as well. Im not sure if it's something easy or not.

Water bottle relocation DIY;

Need;
                    16' of 3/16" hose or 2 10' hoses like i did. In this case you'll need a joiner.
                    16' of wiring - very small gauge..
                    Zipties
                    Soldering iron/rosin core solder (or electrical tape, if you like things buggering up after 3 drives)

Pretty simple really..
                    1. Remove wiper reservoir from engine compartment - that's a given..
                    2. Locate wiring harnesses and make the appropriate cuts leaving enough of the loom to solder after wards
                    3. From these wires (in the wiring loom of the car, not connector), splice in your new wire keeping account of which one goes to which colour and feed it through the firewall
                    4. Run this along the runners until you reach the trunk. Best to feed through the rear fender gap as you'll be able to go directly to the reservoir without passing through the trunk
                    5. IF you dont want to use your rear wiper anymore, you're in luck, the hose is already back there, so take this hose from the rear wire, feed through the same passage as your wires and connect to your front window squirters
                    6. IF you cut yours out like a moron, as i did, then realized this would be a fun thing to do, well then you'll need to re route the hose.

I ended up T the hose off - 1 goes to wipers, 1 to front. Instead of running two hoses, at the track ill just relieve the T fitting and run the sprayer to intercooler as it wont be required for the street..

7. Ziptie this beast in place.
                    You may have to remove your rear window defrost module, seems to be some sort of transformer or something, so get rid of it. or keep it, and fend for yourself!!

Tidy up, and voila, done..

tube

To intercooler

Wiring to reservoir;

Tube route inside firewall;

Follow runners to the first inlet to the rear fender;

Tidy up!

Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 12-11-2010, 08:43 PM.

Comment

• Also took care of my wiring after last nights go at it with T dub;

Rebar;

Sexy;

Oh and that wiring on the floor of the driver; Hicas module/rear lights AND my 4AWG power wire.. yeeeee
                      Last edited by nelsonmxmarc; 12-11-2010, 08:46 PM.

Comment

• Sacrilege! I would have thought you'd have removed the inner trunk panels as one of the first steps in weight reduction!

Weight is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        '93 R33 Gts25T Inked Art Car - SOLD

See the Sharpie makeover, and other inked cars from around the world
                        at www.inkedartcars.com

Comment

• which "useless" HICAS wire did you chuck out?

Funny I was going to reloacte my sprayer to the rear too but just ended up deleting it. Much easier and lighter LOL.

Comment

• and WTF is that "chapters" thing in first post?!! :P
                            sigpic

[links to all chapters in first post]

Comment

• Originally posted by frankiman View Post
                              http://www.rhdquebec.com/showthread.php?t=13425

and wtf is that "chapters" thing in first post?!!

fail post

Comment

• Originally posted by M13 View Post
                                which "useless" HICAS wire did you chuck out?

Funny I was going to reloacte my sprayer to the rear too but just ended up deleting it. Much easier and lighter LOL.
                                There was only 1 brown one i could sacrifice.. The others had to stay to keep speed sensitive steering and so forth.. theres a tomei hicas lock in place to rid of the Hicas error so i just left it all together.

Sacrilege! I would have thought you'd have removed the inner trunk panels as one of the first steps in weight reduction!

Weight is EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Hahah for the track, yes.. For DD no.. I do DD it so, i like to keep it relatively "purty". The rear/back seat section can be sacrificed.. it sucks

Comment

Working...
                                X