No announcement yet.

Project NashZilla: R32 GT-T NEO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way ahead of you. Already have the autometer gauge pod on order through lordco - picking it up tomorrow .. finding a new A pillar though is a little more tricky.
    Originally posted by victoriaGTR
    tire smoke makes my wiener tingle.

Comment

• little movie i made just now from some pictures and video i took during my oil cooler install

- Adam

:
      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• video of photos and video clips of my skyline since day one all the way up to a few days ago

- Adam

:
        http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• gremlins are back again.

so had the skyline out on a drivers permit for a weekend and noticed under WOT it seemed to almost stall for half a second and jerk etc and the turbo sounded like it was almost spooling up way to easy and just sounded off.. so i figured i would change the plugs and gap them to 0.8mm while changing them i found that the boost sensor at the back of the engine (pretty sure its a r34 thing) well the nipple was busted off so i knew that was a boost leak and probably causing all the problems.
          anyone know the purpose of it? its not hooked up at all right now and the vacuum nipple is capped

I went ahead and changed the plugs anyways since it was only $35 and i was half way there. the plugs that came out were bcpr6es-11 and looks like I actually gaped them to 0.8mm anyways. the ones that went in were bcpr6egp platinum tip (was told is better) and had a gap of 0.9 that i made 0.8. the ends of them were different even with the same part number, does this matter?

i get everything back together after a compression test (175 on all 6) and start it up, the turbo sounds normal now and revs up a lot better that boost leak probably fixed that. but now it has a bit of a wonky idle.. its very odd.. its not even really the idle, more like the throttle response, if i blimp the throttle the rpm goes up and as the rpm drops it goes back up for a second on its own.. and if i open the throttle really fast just for a second it seems like it wants to stall for a moment and a weird coughing noise from the intake.. so this sensor has a purpose and ill get a replacement on the way.

and to add one more thing, my passenger door just decided to unalign itself some magical way.. i go to open it and notice its stiff give it a pull and it pops up like a 1/4" WTF is this crap .. now i have to push down on the door really hard to get it closed.. no idea how this happened. the car has been in my garage on jack stands
          Last edited by amnash; 04-21-2015, 08:31 PM.
          - Adam

:

Comment

• hahah I like how you just keep trying to close it, you crack me up. Maybe try undoing the latch mounted to the shell, maybe you can get enough play to make it line up?
            Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• my door kinda does the same thing except it droops down instead of up. i was always to scared to pull it off and start messin with it lol! maybe your frame twisted or something like that while jacking it up or dropping it down somehow?

and i could be wrong but dont rb25's run 5psi till like 5k rpm then it jumps up to 7psi after that till redline. it could be the solenoid that controls that.
              Built R32 GTR, BW S362, 682awhp @ 28psi

Comment

• ill check if all the jack stands are same height that would make sense. and your right about boost but that with stock rb25 wastegate which is 5 then solenoid takes it to 7 im pretty sure. changed the turbo when i starved it from oil just to be safe. has a vg30det turbo now with rb20 turbo wastegate(9psi)
                - Adam

:

Comment

• ya one of the jack stands were 1 tooth higher lol funny how something so small and have a large impart ohwell glad thats done with. bit of a scare though lol
                  - Adam

:

Comment

• yaa good thing you figured it out before you unbolted the door, im pretty sure they are a siv to align again.

Comment

• Originally posted by amnash View Post
                      ya one of the jack stands were 1 tooth higher lol funny how something so small and have a large impart ohwell glad thats done with. bit of a scare though lol
                      You can do that by jacking car up on one corner and try opening, closing door (happens on hoist as well).

To stop that from happening, you can buy a Do Luck room bar that sits just behind rear seats. Common mod on track day cars, etc.

Also you can buy the Ultra Racing brace kit to strengthen chassis -

Performance Car Parts NZ - #1 for Quality Aftermarket Performance Car Parts @ the Best Prices - 100% GENUINE Product Guarantee - Call us on 07 5433266

Can buy similar braces from Japan.
                      Last edited by Skym; 03-21-2013, 12:55 PM.
                      RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

• Originally posted by nick-nismo View Post
                        my door kinda does the same thing except it droops down instead of up. i was always to scared to pull it off and start messin with it lol! maybe your frame twisted or something like that while jacking it up or dropping it down somehow?

and i could be wrong but dont rb25's run 5psi till like 5k rpm then it jumps up to 7psi after that till redline. it could be the solenoid that controls that.
                        you were right. just spent about a half hour going up and down this empty road playing with my boost controller. wanted a base starting point so i hooked the waste-gate up directly and it was running at about 6 psi until about 5k then went up to about 10.6 this seems a little high for the waste-gate just connected to direct pressure... what actually makes the boost go up? the factory boost solenoid is removed and i unplugged the VCT solenoid and there was no change.
                        - Adam

:

Comment

• so you have a strait uninterrupted line from a boost source to the wastegate?

you should try swaping an rb20 wastegate actuator onto the turbo so its base pressure will be 10psi (more realistically like 11 or 12 though)

Comment

• i have 3 wastegates im gonna try them all and label on them with marker the peak boost and go from there
                            - Adam

:

Comment

• i made a video just driving around some back roads. sounds much louder/better when your in it.

and my attempted burnout there was basically me fuking the clutch...
                              Last edited by amnash; 04-21-2015, 08:33 PM.
                              - Adam

:

Comment

• I like, sounds nice.
                                RESPONSE MONSTER

The most epic signature ever "epic".

Comment

Working...
                                X