No announcement yet.

Ken's 1989 BabyZilla

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice setup really like the manifold and wastegates!! wish i would have just went all out on a manifold setup, I ported a stock one with and external 44mm gate on it and running a Holset. That thing is gonna spool so quick when your done!

Comment

• so what is the purpose of having 2 external wastegates??

Comment

• Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
        so what is the purpose of having 2 external wastegates??
        Twin scroll to vent the gases properly.
        Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• okay, so is this really overkill or a good solution?? the practicality of needing this for a street car??

Comment

• Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
            okay, so is this really overkill or a good solution?? the practicality of needing this for a street car??
            Not overkill, you can get boost creep with poor designed manifold/ wastegate setups. Its not just for high boost, but all ranges. This will also give ken better/faster spool on his turbo. It really is the new age turbo side of things.
            Traction is optional, so are zipties

92 Gtst/Silver bullet

Comment

• Interesting. I get boost creep with stock manifold stock turbo and divided dump pipe. I'm looking into wide bellmouth dump pipe. Makes sense now.
              - Adam

:
              http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/44846-project-nashzilla-r32-gt-t-neo.html

Comment

• Thanks for all the support guys! I just got back from a 35 day stint in Fort McMurray (with only one day off). I probably won't have time to work on babyzilla until July-August. I just ordered my new .61 A/R Ni-Resist divided turbine housing.

Originally posted by supersayianjim View Post
                okay, so is this really overkill or a good solution?? the practicality of needing this for a street car??
                For most people my entire setup would be considered overkill, no one "needs" performance modifications. Unlike most of the skyline enthusiasts, I won't sell my car....I will be buried with it lol. I'm going to build it to responsive perfection, no exceptions.
                Last edited by TheyKilledKenny; 04-23-2014, 08:18 AM.
                Regards,
                Ken.

Bayside Blue '89 HCR32 RB22 "MORE POWA"
                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/gts-project-cars/49160-kens-1989-babyzilla.html
                Blue '14 Mazda CX-5 - GF's Grocery Getter
                White '10 Mazda 3 - Daily Driver

Comment

Working...
                X