Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No JDM ECU, crap......that means no F-Con Pro V....which means no HKS Suction Kit, as the HKS kit is to be used with the F-Con.

Any other suggestions for intakes that was my #1 choice.

Comment

You can use the Gruppe M kit.

Or the A'PEXi kit (what I use).

Or the Blitz kit (I don't really like it).

Or the M's kit.

Or... you get the idea. There's a ton of intakes available. You can even use the HKS intake kit (I don't like it either). There's no reason why it can't be bolted on.
      Nick

Comment

How's the Apexi kit treat you?

Not really a big fan of Blitz, they have yet to impress me with one of their tuned Skylines and that in my opinion doesn't justify some of their prices.

True the HKS suction kit will bolt on, but I've read that the F-Con pro v does something to the MAS that allows the HKS kit to work to it's full potential. Let me find the site again.....Anyways basically what I took from it is the HKS kit is not worth the money if it's not working 100% and it apparently needs the computer to work that way.

Where'd you get your Apexi kit from? How much?

edit: Is there ANY aftermarket ecu's that we can use? Surely Australia or the UK don't also have 107 octane as well.

Comment

Hi Guys

Fuel Octain ratings are different all over the world, they all quote 97 octain but what is it measured in ?????? e.g.

Here in the UK we use RON
          Mainly in the US they use PON
          97 RON (UK) = 93PON (US)

So if the fuel is rated at 100 Octain it will have different properties of burn dependant on where in the world you buy your fuel, below is a rough graph on compatibility.

RON--- MON--- PON
          90----- 83------ 86.6
          92----- 85------ 88.5
          95----- 87------ 91
          96----- 88------ 92
          98----- 90------ 94
          100--- 91.5---- 95.8
          105--- 95------ 100
          110--- 99------ 104.5

More info on this topic can be found at

We disscussed this in great detail approx 18 months ago.

Hope the above link gives you guys more info

What ever you guys do get your import cars mapped on your own fuel before pushing it as it will only end in tears

Best regards Alan

UK GTROC Member 018. I.C.E\'d. & White. With a hint of N.O.S. !

Comment

Well there was talk of a group buy on race fuels here in Edmonton, I know that I wouldn't hesitate spiking my 91 with a little C10 if the price was right.

Chromey
            Castro Type-R High Performance Communism at its finest!

Comment

So no one knows roughly what RON they have in mind when they program the JDM tuning firm ECUs?

I imagine they vary between tuning firms, but there should be some general trend.

The reason I ask is b/c if they aim for the high 90s, we should be fine with our 94 PON. If they're shooting for 105 RON, then we're not.
              2012 Deep Pearl Blue Black Edition GT-R

Some say my teeth glow in the dark...
              And that if you tune your radio to 88.4 FM you can actually hear my thoughts...

All we know is, I'm called The Stig

Comment

moving to faq
                marginally literate keyboard warrior

Comment

To help stop your knocking, detonation issues before they start:

Knocklink. http://forums.gtrcanada.com/viewtopic.php?t=587

Comment

So i assume the best is to use 91/92 + octane?

Here in Vancouer Chevron, has 92, as well as 94..
                    REVscene.net

Comment

yeah besides chevron, i think mohawk is the only other one in british columbia who sells 94.

i had no idea sunoco existed in canada! there are no sunoco stations out here on the west coast

Comment

Originally posted by thumper
                        yeah besides chevron, i think mohawk is the only other one in british columbia who sells 94.

i had no idea sunoco existed in canada! there are no sunoco stations out here on the west coast

vancouver petro canada has 94 as well

Comment

Did anyone post the actual required RON for the BNR32? Sean says 99 is cool but what does the car require in stock form?
                          Joel
                          03 Truck | 96 SRV | 92 NSX

Comment

Does anyone know if anything higher than 91 can be obtained in edmonton? and where.
                            thanks

Damien

Comment

Plenty of Skylines in Australia, and I havent heard of any problems with vehicles running on high octane fuel down under with a RON value of 98.

Typical Australian RON values are:
                              Regular unleaded petrol: 91
                              Premium unleaded petrol: 95
                              Lead replacement petrol : 96
                              High-octane petrol: 98

Japanese octane values fall into 2 categories: Regular and High Octane
                              The industry rules in Japan state:
                              Any fuel above RON value 89 is classified as Regular
                              Any fuel above RON value 96 is classified as High Octane

BUT in reality:
                              Typical regular fuel at the pump in Japan is 90-91 RON value
                              Typical "hi-oku" fuel at the pump in Japan is 100 RON value

The quote from sunoco(?) fuel company, in one of the previous posts, states that their premium fuel has a RON value of 99. That is pretty close to the "at pump" RON value of high octane fuel in Japan, so that should do the job nicely.

Grahame
                              www.fvej.com

Comment

i've seen 94 at all of the chevron's i;ve been to..... any problems with that? i know these are all repetitive quesitons, but you're all talking about sunoco which i've never heard of before.... so i'm curious about chevron gas :?:
                                SRT-4 2004. I\'ll kick your skylines\' ass!! :P j/k

Comment

Working...
                                X