No more RHD in Quebec...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by specialedition View Post
    prices went up here in quebec the value of jdm cars is crazy. They are asking 13k for a n/a toyota supra when 2 weeks ago it was 7k.
    ouch so much for my idea on this.... i really feel for you guys i would feel like a part of me was missing if i didn't have my skyline. Just pray they realize their wrong doings and do everything in your power to show them they are.

Comment

• That sounds terrible and really annoying.
      I hope that RHD will stay legal, at least for as long as possible so you can bring more cars into the country.

How can be possible, that all current RHD will be banned? Is it possible?
      I think the most logical will be, that all current RHD will stay legal, and only the additional import will be blocked.
      Hope that this law will never catch up in all Canada [sorry for Quebec guys].

Comment

• i am speechless.
        The challenge of transport policy is to ensure the efficient movement of our citizens with a minimum of safety and environmental standards. Old, polluting, unsafe RHD vehicles are not consistent with these goals. CADA urges parliamentarians to take immediate action to restore the consistency of vehicle regulation in Canada.
        look at all the big V8 trucks, i know my friends 91 gmc shortbox reg cab 350 is worse on gas then my car, and im sure my car pollutes less .

i really dont think
        RHD is not looking good anymore.

im not going to be surprised if the whole country follows quebec

Comment

• Hate to say this but, if all goes through parliment will have a big riot on there hands. All the propaganda and false information used in those pdf's is bs. If they are going to come up with fake information they will have to deal with 4000 rhd owners in quebec alone. I dont think anyone will take this sitting down
          92,94,95 Honda Civic
          92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
          91 Nissan Skyline GTR
          92,93 Nissan 180sx
          90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
          89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

• I thought Australia was like the uk, that they are on the rhd road system am I wrong? They never mentioned the used car sector? As for polluting old cars heres a thought my bro has a 78 gmc 4x4 box shape, it uses less fuel than the super clean new trucks or my 88 VW Fox( r.i.p.) got 8/100km in the city no matter how I drove and yet some hybrids advertize 8/100km? Is this a polluting vehicle? They want us to spend $20,000+ every five years to justify they greedy existance, sorry I don,t make that kind of cash!

Comment

• Originally posted by seafuryfb View Post
              I thought Australia was like the uk, that they are on the rhd road system am I wrong? They never mentioned the used car sector? As for polluting old cars heres a thought my bro has a 78 gmc 4x4 box shape, it uses less fuel than the super clean new trucks or my 88 VW Fox( r.i.p.) got 8/100km in the city no matter how I drove and yet some hybrids advertize 8/100km? Is this a polluting vehicle? They want us to spend $20,000+ every five years to justify they greedy existance, sorry I don,t make that kind of cash!
              Good spirit man
              Sadly nowadays people there think only about money and power.
              They don't count any opinion anymore, because they want just $$$, and it's never enough [this is how the human is].
              Don't let them do it. I am sure there will be lawers against it, that would prove that their words and PDFs are ********. And we know that there is no relationship between RHD and danger.
              I guess the only thing they want is, that Canadian people will BUY their cars, but not Imports [to pay another countries].
              So in the end - it's a money question.

Comment

• That report is so full of ****.

Just reading it makes my head hurt. Did they hire a 10th grade english class to make this stuff up?

The part about how 15 year old vehicles are more dangerour, and more polluting, they arnt saying specifically RHD. Because they know that it is the CDN market crap that they put out 15 years ago. They are just hoping everyone will read it as " the RHD cars" are the **** cars.

EVERYONE NEEDS to join IVOAC and start doing something now in all provinces. If you DO NOT want this to happen, tell people, educate them about your car + how good it is compared to same age CDN spec vehicles.

Join IVOAC, and see what you can do. This is a violation of our canadian RIGHTS. Do not let greedy dealers take this away from you.

Comment

• its funny how my buddys work (a used car salesman that sells imports) makes WAY more money than any domestic used car salesman in his area. Just proves how much better the quality of imports are compared to our domestics.

Comment

• well I've decided to dig a bit on the CADA web site and BEHOLD! they have an Ethic Code!?? what ?

Oh it's related to the car dealers and definately not the association itself.

Marc-André
                    _________
                    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

• what a bunch of lies. unbelievable.
                      WHEN MY TURBO'S GET SPOOLED, YOUR GONNA GET SCHOOLED
                      (OO)______(OO)
                      Originally posted by Snow
                      Japanese boys remind me of my Skyline

Comment

• does anyone have any recent news of whats gong to happen in quebec with this law??
                        what r the chances of the law actually passing??

Comment

• so you just want to know whats happening... rather than help the fight... typical

well go to www.ivoac.ca and you might be able to find some recent info
                          How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                          \'90 GTR32

Comment

• I agree that helping in the fight is important, but is asking for an update really a crime?
                            Originally posted by Z-Tuned
                            Next question is: should I stroke it??
                            Originally posted by Wingnut
                            Yes, but leave the engine alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Velders View Post
                              I agree that helping in the fight is important, but is asking for an update really a crime?
                              x2.

From what I hear, once the 6 Month Ban is lifted, there will be a 30 day TRIAL period to see if any more crashes result then before...

If there are more crashes, then it's a perma-ban.

And I mean more as in 1 or 2 more.

Apparently they're laying their feet down pretty hard.
                              ├┼┼╕
                              246R 見渡せば 花も紅葉も なかりけり 浦のとまやの 秋の夕ぐれ

Comment

• anyone who doesn't dd their RHD should just park it for 30 days

Comment

Working...
                                X