• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As long as you have an OOP address...
    90 240sx
    85 Levin GT-Apex

Comment

this is true and really not good, I have to register my car at the end of may. I wonder if ill have to get my car reinspected. **** i hope not
      92,94,95 Honda Civic
      92,92,93 Nissan Skyine GTS-T
      91 Nissan Skyline GTR
      92,93 Nissan 180sx
      90,91,91,92,93,93 Nissan 240sx
      89 Nissan Silvia

Comment

Hmm,

Hope this doesn't come up in BC anytime soon. My car is in pieces geting ready to paint etc. no chance of insuring it right now and it has never been insured up to this point. If I end up losing $ over this I will be livid.

As for giving people reasons why RHD isn't necessarily safe on a RHD forum .. be careful guys you never know who's a member. Could be giving the wrong person all the right reasons to get rid of RHD ..
        Team Limit - "Wide Fuckin' Open"

Comment

my guy called the saaq again and this itme got the confirmation
          quite disturbing indeed

Comment

:shock: Extremely pissed off with this weasely act by SAAQ. Im not even sure who they are the make these rules when LHD cars are approved by transport canada. What about the people who were planning to move to QC this month, what about the people who have cars on their way from Japan ? we should be vocal about this blatant BS. This is no way to sneak in a law.... we are all out to take this on.....lets get this thing rollin....

Comment

my guy called the saaq again and this itme got the confirmation
              quite disturbing indeed
              Oh ya for sure. Montrealracing.com has a thread on it by the actual montreal import shops.
              90 240sx
              85 Levin GT-Apex

Comment

well in BC they now take a note in the system to tag us as RHD vehicles. I was a bit upset when she told me it was a new section when I renewed last month... I am sure that section isnt there for no reasons...
                1991 Nissan Pulsar GTIR with mods

Comment

sorry for OT, Muss that front bumper is fantastic.

other q for the knowledgeable, in ontario, are RHDs tagged as RHD, made to stand out?
                  Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                    people in new zealand and australia have gone through this VERY same thing and guess what... they didnt see it comin...

this **** spreads like cancer across a country.... exactly like the icbc study did... it is only a matter of time now

heres the thing though... registered or not there is a loop hole that works in there favor...

cop pulls you over for no reason at all.... issues you a VI that you have 30days to do... but now since the gov't has told the inspectors " RHD are auto-fail" you will get 2 responses from DIF's 1) we dont inspect RHD 2) sorry you failed, now pay the inspection fee...

this leaves you with a vehicle you cant drive, cant sell cant do jack shizz with...

doesnt matter where you live in canada THIS WILL AFFECT YOU

this isnt just a skyline problem this is an entire RHD vehicle community problem and is CANADA WIDE

this will spread faster than the swine flu and be more devistating
                    I remember cleary when the Australian Gvmt did this, it was in 2005 and I was shopping for my car.

the difference is: The Australian G. stated that all cars that were bought before said date were OK.

Here the Facking SAAQ says: All cars that haven't passed inspection is rejected... WTF is this.

the only expression I can muss up is:
                    10K$ paper weight.

it's not like the Australians at all. I almost bought a WRX two weeks ago but because of my exams I kind of delayed the whole process till I had more time.

I would have dished out 8K or more for a clean STi.... I'm lucky.

I'm really MAD at the situation. I felt very sick on Apr 29th by being imposed by the gvt to stick to 14k wrx which have more rust than the car I was about to buy.

I also send my sympathies to all quebecers who do have cars in transit.

the gvt here is just plain stupid. you CAN'T say this is so on day to the next.

Like every thing, you may IMPOSED a choice... but never in 1 day.
                    you can put a date up for the new rule... it gives time to someone to get their act together.

I'm gonna stop writting now cause I'm boiling over.
                    Marc-André
                    _________
                    2.2L RB20 GTS-T
                    ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

Originally posted by specialedition
                      this is true and really not good, I have to register my car at the end of may. I wonder if ill have to get my car reinspected. **** i hope not
                      You only have to get it reinspected if it's hasn't been on the road since 1+ year, i.e. storage. If you kept your road plates/registration, your good.

SO...to anyone who currently has a RHD in storage, and it's been less then a year, I suggest you go and pay a bit more to put it on the road. You never know how you could get screwed over later, since no one knows for sure how they will apply the grandfather thing.
                      R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                      http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

but as i have said numerous times...

how do you go get your vehicle inspected and passed if all the shops have been told to auto fail, or not inspect RHD vehicles?

regardless if you had it before the BAN, how are you supposed to get it inpsected it no one will do it?
                        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                        \'90 GTR32

Comment

from what I understood when I reread the whole text is that:

cars that were inspected and passed before Apr 29th retain all their rights.

including the right to re-pass inspection
                          Marc-André
                          _________
                          2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Originally posted by klys View Post
                            from what I understood when I reread the whole text is that:

cars that were inspected and passed before Apr 29th retain all their rights.

including the right to re-pass inspection
                            i fully agree... but heres the catch...

do you think many shops that do inspections will actually do an inspection for RHD's now? they already find it a hassle... now they will out right hate the BS so thats why i have said this is a very serious issue
                            How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                            \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                            \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                              i fully agree... but heres the catch...

do you think many shops that do inspections will actually do an inspection for RHD's now? they already find it a hassle... now they will out right hate the BS so thats why i have said this is a very serious issue
                              I know that's very troubling indeed, cops could decide(like they did last year) to intercept on sight any JDMs and issue a VI.

however I don't beleive the SAAQ inspection shop can deny an inspection to a previously legal JDM car.

I'd definately sue someone !
                              Marc-André
                              _________
                              2.2L RB20 GTS-T

Comment

Originally posted by klys View Post
                                I know that's very troubling indeed, cops could decide(like they did last year) to intercept on sight any JDMs and issue a VI.
                                Code de la Sécurité Routière

521. Les véhicules routiers suivants, sous réserve de l'article 543.2, sont soumis à la vérification mécanique:

10° les véhicules désignés par un agent de la paix qui a des motifs raisonnables de croire qu'ils ont subi des modifications visées à l'article 214 ou sont dans un état tel qu'ils constituent un danger;

214. À moins d'une approbation préalable de la Société, il est interdit:

1° d'apporter à un véhicule routier destiné à circuler sur un chemin public des modifications au châssis, des modifications à la carrosserie ou à un mécanisme si elles sont susceptibles de diminuer la stabilité ou le freinage du véhicule ou toute autre modification pouvant convertir un tel véhicule en un autre type de véhicule;

2° d'apporter des modifications à un véhicule automobile ou un ensemble de véhicules routiers qui est destiné à circuler sur un chemin public à des fins expérimentales et qui n'est pas conforme aux dispositions de la Loi sur la sécurité automobile (Lois du Canada, 1993, chapitre 16).

Highway Safety Code

521. The following road vehicles, subject to section 543.2, must be submitted to mechanical inspection:

10) vehicles designated by a peace officer having reasonable grounds to believe that modifications described in section 214 have been made to them or that they are in such a condition that they constitute a hazard;

214. Except with prior approval from the Société, no person may

1) make, on a road vehicle intended to be operated on a public highway, alterations to the chassis, alterations to the body or to a mechanism if susceptible of reducing the stability or braking capacity of the vehicle or any other alteration that would transform a vehicle into a vehicle of another type;

2) make alterations on or to a motor vehicle or combination of road vehicles that does not meet the requirements of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Statutes of Canada, 1993, chapter 16) and that is intended to be operated on a public highway for testing purposes.
                                R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
                                http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

Working...
                                X