No announcement yet.

No more RHD in Quebec...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep your fingers crossed and pray to the IVOAC to get the job done for us.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianV8 View Post
      Keep your fingers crossed and pray to the IVOAC to get the job done for us.
      pfft

do you think we at ivoac can do it with you crossing fingers and praying?

WAKE UP we need your help to

call people talk to your local MP's and MLA's

an election is in 2 weeks make this an issue!!!!!!

this weekend im gonna try to find time to go visit a few of the candiates and see what they have to say...
      How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
      \'90 GTR32

Comment

wow.
        i honestly think there is nothing that can be done, i dont think IOVAC can help at all. the government as thick minded as they are they are straight on no imports.

i dont like to loose faith ill help fight but i cant see this going good at all.

Comment

in 2 weeks on may9th in Spart Ont there is going to be a national neon canada car meet...( easy with the flame my DD is a neon and it has not been that bad to me )

anyone near there should go out there and spread the word... maybe bring your skyline to show all those car enthusiasts what they are missing out on...

or rather WILL miss out on WHEN this becomes Canda wide...

print of a dandy flyer or somethin put ivoac.ca and some info about this problem...

this is HUGE... this isnt some RUMOR like a couple years ago when the 25yr rule was in talks.... this doesnt even allow for 25yr old vehicles...

if you want an Imported RHD vehicle in Quebec( and soon to be the rest of Canada) it will have to be 38yrs old...

thats right 38yrs old !!!!

when this happens hundreds of people will be out thousands of dollars, jobs, and businesses... we already have enough problems with the economy today now its gonna be even tougher...

this is just the begining of vehicle bans... first its RHD, then its jacked up 4x4's then mods all together... before you know it we will all be traveling in tubes!!!

go a head call me crazy... or over reacting... but when this happens and you sat back and did nothing while people like myself and others are trying to mobilize people... get information to spread out etc etc... and you complain about it, i will be more than willing to come to your house so i can roll up a news paper and smack you upside the head and say " i told you so, thanks for helping.... jackass " ..... i will stil love you though

so come on lets do what we can where we are

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
          \'03 Dodge SX2.0
          \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
            im so terrified that when i drive my car tonight, a cop pulls me over and says to me, "you need to go for vehicle inspection" with out reason... and then im basically finished, my car which i have invested almost $20,000 into is now worthless! how is this fair?

all it takes is ONE cop to pull you over and i can promise you'll be sent for "inspection" which is basically condemning your car to the end of the road...it doesnt matter if you drive properly or not, they can pull you over to just "check your papers" and say "btw... go for inspection"

Just as an FYI, a cop can't make you get an inspection unless :

Originally posted by C.S.R.
            C) Avis de vérification mécanique
            Les situations pour lesquelles un agent de la paix peut soumettre un véhicule à une
            vérification mécanique sont énumérées à l’article 521 (10e) du C.s.r.
            Il est donc possible d’émettre un avis de vérification mécanique dans l’une des
            situations suivantes :
            • lorsque le véhicule a subi des modifications visées à l’art. 214, c’est-à-dire :
            a) les modifications sont susceptibles de diminuer la stabilité du véhicule;
            b) les modifications sont susceptibles de diminuer le freinage du véhicule;
            c) les modifications peuvent convertir ce véhicule en un autre type de véhicules;
            d) les modifications sont apportées à un véhicule automobile ou à un ensemble de
            véhicules routiers destinés à circuler sur un chemin public à des fins
            expérimentales et qui ne sont pas conformes aux dispositions de la Loi sur la
            sécurité des véhicules automobiles.
            • lorsque le véhicule est dans un état tel qu’il constitue un danger
            Par conséquent, toutes les autres circonstances n’autorisent donc pas un agent de la
            paix à soumettre un véhicule à une vérification mécanique.
            In sum, for our purposes, 1) unless the stability of the car is diminished, 2) unless the breaking effectivness is diminished, 3) unless the car is in a state that it presents a danger.
            R32 GTR FULL SERVICE MANUAL DOWNLOAD:
            http://forums.gtrcanada.com/faq/36-holy-bible-6.html#post467565

Comment

cops can pull you over for no reason... they can say " i thought i saw you not wearing your seat belt " or " roll up your windows please i want to see if there is any tint " etc etc etc

there are a ton of excuses cops can and will give you... then they just right out a VI and then what...

cops are already doing this

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
              \'03 Dodge SX2.0
              \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                cops can pull you over for no reason... they can say " i thought i saw you not wearing your seat belt " or " roll up your windows please i want to see if there is any tint " etc etc etc

there are a ton of excuses cops can and will give you... then they just right out a VI and then what...

cops are already doing this
                IN QUEBEC:

YES a cop can pull you over for whatever.

NO a cop CANNOT have you get an inspection for no reason.

Just make sure your car doesn't touch the ground or that your wheels aren't rubbing in the fenders (who would want that anyways?) and that your brakes are good.

Comment

There are Lots of reasons for a cop to give you an inspection.

HID (to Bright)
                  Exhaust (To Loud)
                  Windows (To Dark)
                  Wheels (Not enough Rubber)
                  Suspension (to Low)

I dont know about you but agrueing with a cop on the side of the road, doesn't normally help..
                  Agreed. Good to have you here Ben

Comment

Hasn't it already been said that cars already legalized and registered are OK to stay? When has there ever been a change in law where the "grandfather" rule hasn't been used.

Take Supermoto bikes, up until 2007 you could convert any bike basically, now you cant but every one of the exisiting bikes is still allowed to be registered and insured.

This sucks don't get me wrong. Sucks to be in Quebec right now. If you already are driving your car though i think it will effect you much less.
                    Tџяϊsмø

Comment

Originally posted by Turismo View Post
                      Hasn't it already been said that cars already legalized and registered are OK to stay? When has there ever been a change in law where the "grandfather" rule hasn't been used.

Take Supermoto bikes, up until 2007 you could convert any bike basically, now you cant but every one of the exisiting bikes is still allowed to be registered and insured.

This sucks don't get me wrong. Sucks to be in Quebec right now. If you already are driving your car though i think it will effect you much less.
                      yes of course they say those vehicles are to be grand fathered in but heres the catch...

since they are telling shops to auto fail RHD, or not even test them, if you are issued a VI and have 30days to get it inspected, but no one will pass or inspect you due to the hassle, what then...

this is what will happen

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                      \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                      \'90 GTR32

Comment

well maybe the price of grandfather rhd cars go up on the positive side of this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCaporaL View Post
                          IN QUEBEC:

YES a cop can pull you over for whatever.

NO a cop CANNOT have you get an inspection for no reason.

Just make sure your car doesn't touch the ground or that your wheels aren't rubbing in the fenders (who would want that anyways?) and that your brakes are good.
                          wanna bet? a cop CAN give you an inspection notice if he/she feels that your car may be unsafe, even if they cant prove it on the side of the road. then its up to you to prove that it is safe. at your expense. on that note, you can deny a cops request to check anything in your car that he cant see outside of the car. that means no popping the hood, no opening the doors. no popping the trunk. no rolling up or down windows. and refusal to allow the cop to search CAN NOT be used as reason for suspicion. that being said. if they have NO reason that your car is unsafe, but still wants to be a ****... its inspection time. and once cops get wind of an RHD ban, they wont care about the preticulars, RHD will be unsafe in their eyes. so.. inspection time.
                          Just one step on my way to Eleventy Billion horsepower.
                          --------------------------------

Comment

You guys need to go read the Road Safety Regulations for Quebec....

Yes a cop can be a douche. No doubt about it. But the Code de la Securite Routiere, article 521 CLEARLY STATES the only reasons for which a cop can order an inspection. Period. If it's not within those stated reasons, he cannot. It's that simple. If he wants to be a douche and invent whatever reason, it wont hold up in court.

Anyways this is getting OT.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadao View Post
                              yes of course they say those vehicles are to be grand fathered in but heres the catch...

since they are telling shops to auto fail RHD, or not even test them, if you are issued a VI and have 30days to get it inspected, but no one will pass or inspect you due to the hassle, what then...

this is what will happen
                              They will have to inspect it for you since that's the whole purpose of grandfathering...

And I know this is from a few pages back but whatever:

Originally posted by supguyex View Post
                              Japanese and European automotive standards are WAY ahead of us. It's nearly impossible to acquire a German drivers license, Finland encourages things like racing, so it can be done safely. I'm not gonna lie, if I were in Germany, it's highly likely I wouldn't be allowed to drive
                              Actually it's nowhere near impossible... if you already hold a Canadian license you literally just go and exchange it for a German one.

Comment

Wow that is really lame.

On the plus side I can see the grandfathered cars going up in price quite a bit.

Would you still be able to register and insure your car in another province to get around this?

Comment

Working...
                                X