• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is this a joke then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Matty View Post
      apparently this isnt even true

i was just told the following by a very very very reputable source within the ontario aautomotive scene.

"Don't know how credible that source is - I just called SAAQ myself and
      they looked it up in their system and had no such information. Again, I
      may have been speaking to someone who had no idea what they were talking
      about but they sounded pretty confident. As far as I know it's very
      difficult to Provincially legislate restrictions and bans as there are
      so many crosses to and from each province every day - that's why
      Transport Canada does it federally.

If this did go through, then it would have been passed by the Minister
      of Transport in QC directly - something really bad must have happened
      for them to act so quickly."

he heard about it early this morning and has been on it since. he doesnt think it is legit but will be keeping an eye on it.

this wasn't some nobody either, it came from one of the best importer, driver (pro and am), and overall biggest enthusiasts out there.

I PERSONALLY called the SAAQ up this morning and spoke to a young lady who didn`t know anything about it however she put me on hold did a bit of reserch and YES it IS true! The notice I posted up in my topic in the legalees section is 100% legitimate and was posted by the SAAQ. The ban is true and currently active! Call the SAAQ up for yourself, this is TRUE! I have a topic in the Legalees section about this with some more info. Feel free to look it up.

here is their number

du lundi au vendredi, de 8 h à 17 h

Région de Québec : 418 643-7620
      Région de Montréal : 514 873-7620
      Ailleurs : 1 800 361-7620 (Québec, Canada, États-Unis)
      2 times ex-Skyline GTR owner. 2004-2009

Comment

im not saying theyre wrong, like my source said, he could have spoken with someone who had no idea.
        but it seems a little extreme to me

^^^ i dont need to call them. i dont live in quebec so im not concerned about it.
        if and when it trickles to ontario, then ill start makin phone calls.
        just seems odd to me

Comment

If you think this isn't going to stir up ICBC you're wrong...let's just hope cooler heads prevail.

Comment

Originally posted by RHDskyline View Post
            This better not spread to the rest of Canada. i have high hopes up getting a skyline. I am only 16. I just want a chance
            quite a few of us in this boat...if they clear them out completely i'd be pissed, if it came to it, go with the US laws...just please dont take them away from us!!!
            Victory is on the horizon..

Comment

^^^ i cant logically see it trickling over
              theres been talk about stuff like this for too many years now

im shocked tho that quebec actually did something, and a little sympathetic for them (im quebec french - Lacroix), especially for those that may have a car on route right now and may end up getting the butt end of a bad deal

seems a littls surreal to me

Comment

Originally posted by Oakville View Post
                quite a few of us in this boat...if they clear them out completely i'd be pissed, if it came to it, go with the US laws...just please dont take them away from us!!!

even if it was across canada, cars that are already here, and registered, would be fine

they cant make everyone export their cars out of the country or put them out of commission.
                given the number of rhds in canada now, its got to be in the high thousands

Comment

this is an outrage, IVOAC all the way,

that being said i need to bring up a very important point....

we are citizens of canada and quebec, we have RIGHTS to not have some BS law slipped in at the last minute, without any notice or warning, this is absolutley terrible.

im so terrified that when i drive my car tonight, a cop pulls me over and says to me, "you need to go for vehicle inspection" with out reason... and then im basically finished, my car which i have invested almost $20,000 into is now worthless! how is this fair?

try to imagine this, the damage this is going to cause?! all of us who have bought these cars and invested thousands into them suddenly we cant drive them anymore? all it takes is ONE cop to pull you over and i can promise you'll be sent for "inspection" which is basically condemning your car to the end of the road...it doesnt matter if you drive properly or not, they can pull you over to just "check your papers" and say "btw... go for inspection"

IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW ABOUT THIS!! this is a violation of our rights regardless of what rights they are, you cant just BAN vehicles like this,

\how about those millions of dollars worth of cars in shipping containers rigfht now?? they will be worthless... 100% worthless

and the people who have bought their cars and havent inspected yet... all worthless.

can you imagine if for example the gouvernment out of no where decided to ban something like oh i dono say TV's from Japan, oh but dont worry, the tv's that are alrdy here can stay! people would be outraged... just as we are

THIS IS AN INJUSTICE OF THE WORST KIND.. WE NEED TO STOP THIS TODAY!

** EVERYONE WHO HAS A PLAN OF ACTION PLEASE PM ME, I NEED TO BE A PART OF THE FIGHT AND RESISTANCE, IM WILLING TO ORGANIZE DEMONSTRATIONS AND RALLYS***\\

PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND GET ME INVOLVED...

protect our rights...
                  The SkyLife Community & News Website --> http://www.skylife4ever.com

Comment

Originally posted by archaeic_bloke View Post
                    this is an outrage, IVOAC all the way,

that being said i need to bring up a very important point....

we are citizens of canada and quebec, we have RIGHTS to not have some BS law slipped in at the last minute, without any notice or warning, this is absolutley terrible.

im so terrified that when i drive my car tonight, a cop pulls me over and says to me, "you need to go for vehicle inspection" with out reason... and then im basically finished, my car which i have invested almost $20,000 into is now worthless! how is this fair?

try to imagine this, the damage this is going to cause?! all of us who have bought these cars and invested thousands into them suddenly we cant drive them anymore? all it takes is ONE cop to pull you over and i can promise you'll be sent for "inspection" which is basically condemning your car to the end of the road...it doesnt matter if you drive properly or not, they can pull you over to just "check your papers" and say "btw... go for inspection"

IM SO MAD RIGHT NOW ABOUT THIS!! this is a violation of our rights regardless of what rights they are, you cant just BAN vehicles like this,

\how about those millions of dollars worth of cars in shipping containers rigfht now?? they will be worthless... 100% worthless

and the people who have bought their cars and havent inspected yet... all worthless.

can you imagine if for example the gouvernment out of no where decided to ban something like oh i dono say TV's from Japan, oh but dont worry, the tv's that are alrdy here can stay! people would be outraged... just as we are

THIS IS AN INJUSTICE OF THE WORST KIND.. WE NEED TO STOP THIS TODAY!

** EVERYONE WHO HAS A PLAN OF ACTION PLEASE PM ME, I NEED TO BE A PART OF THE FIGHT AND RESISTANCE, IM WILLING TO ORGANIZE DEMONSTRATIONS AND RALLYS***\\

PLEASE GET INVOLVED AND GET ME INVOLVED...

protect our rights...
                    Well said. Are you a member on IVOAC ?

Comment

this needs to be done in an orderly fashion though, no riots it will only worsen we need a petition of every rhd vehicle owner in quebec or even canada as a whole. get everyone to sign it if you see some driving track them down and get there name, vehicle make, and license plate number. Make a thread on here for all the findings, make an official documentation and sent it to the government.

this might take some time but it will be worth it. it will show that we care and that we will stand up for what we believe in and that we will fight for our rights
                      sigpic

Originally posted by m_melen
                      ...it woulda been safer if his harness were made of jello

Comment

^^^ i cant logically see it trickling over
                        theres been talk about stuff like this for too many years now
                        seems a littls surreal to me

people in new zealand and australia have gone through this VERY same thing and guess what... they didnt see it comin...

this **** spreads like cancer across a country.... exactly like the icbc study did... it is only a matter of time now

even if it was across canada, cars that are already here, and registered, would be fine

they cant make everyone export their cars out of the country or put them out of commission.
                        given the number of rhds in canada now, its got to be in the high thousands
                        heres the thing though... registered or not there is a loop hole that works in there favor...

cop pulls you over for no reason at all.... issues you a VI that you have 30days to do... but now since the gov't has told the inspectors " RHD are auto-fail" you will get 2 responses from DIF's 1) we dont inspect RHD 2) sorry you failed, now pay the inspection fee...

this leaves you with a vehicle you cant drive, cant sell cant do jack shizz with...

doesnt matter where you live in canada THIS WILL AFFECT YOU

this isnt just a skyline problem this is an entire RHD vehicle community problem and is CANADA WIDE

this will spread faster than the swine flu and be more devistating
                        How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                        \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                        \'90 GTR32

Comment

Originally posted by mcfly View Post
                          So you are saying left hand turns are perfectly fine? It certainly has caused me issues when they are not staggered.
                          I have not had a single problem yet w/ left hand turns in my skyline (granted i have only had it since january which is not that long) but i have not had a bad experience yet w/ left hand turns it just take patients and a different perspective of the road.

Comment

just have to stay optimistic
                            no sense worrying yet

worse case scenario, a lhd conversion is in order

Comment

well i'm kinda sketched about this whole thing right now. Like i'm sure the wiser english speaking part of canada would have some discussion and move it in slowly. But if there was a ban, all our cars become worth no more than scrap metal and all the money dumped into them is gone. So contemplating keeping mine and holding out? or sell it while i can? This is sooo uncool **** will go down like no other. Screw lhd conversions. No point having a skyline if your not on the right side. Ughhhh

Just for the record ONCE AGAIN Quebec is causing a tonne of bull s h i t for the rest of the country.

I think time for a good old fashion A bomb, clear them and their cheese out.

Comment

we cant blame every quebois in quebec... many of them are adversly affected by this... many have lost thousands already and more will be...

just htink of the 100 or so people in quebec who have essentially lost there jobs in a niche market... how are they gonna feed there families and pay there rent... and in these unstable economic times...

they made a living according to law, and now the law has suddenly changed with no notice...

this is rediculas
                                How many kids with A.D.D. does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Wanna go ride bikes...

R.I.P \'87 4cyl Rustang
                                \'03 Dodge SX2.0
                                \'90 GTR32

Comment

Working...
                                X