Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's cool. We'll have to start a Northern Ontario Skyline club. Hopefully membership will not grow too fast though, as I don't want the uniqueness of the cars to wear off too soon. :wink: I can think of a few people around Thunder Bay who would unfavourably add to the insurance statistics for these cars if they could get their hands on one. Pity I won't have mine in time for Terrace Bay this year.
    Anyways, welcome aboard, I've only been here a couple of days myself, but this site is proving to be a valuable resource.

Comment

Definately.
      Im not even sure I will be here for terrace bay. Might be alreayd moved for college.
      I am still lookin into gettin one. Might just have to get one that runs well and fix it up as time goes on. Import Concern has some other ones that I am temped at getting ahole of.

Comment

Name: Barret Dunbar
        Ethnicity: white boy
        What I Do: drive a dekivery truck
        Why I'm Here: I was looking to buy my first car and a buddy to me to check out import concern, saw the R32 and have not looked back since. Currently in the process of bidding on skylines and hopping no one bids higher.
        a man with both feet firmly planted on the ground cannot put on pants

Comment

Name: Dave
          what I do: Nissan Master Technician

I may or may not regret posting what I do, but I am always open to nissan related questions (just remember I do not have a CRYSTALBALL)

I decided to stop lurking on the forums and actually join up. I will be purchasing a GT-R in the near future (most likely a 1990 model). It looks like an absolutely great bunch of people on this forum, and I look forward to contributing what I can in discussions.

As a hobby, I am an active participant on a race crew here in Ontario. We race 2 NX2000's at shannonville and Mosport. One NX is naturally aspirated(SR20DE) and the other has a GTi-R swap in it (SR20DET). both are heavily modded and are VERY fast (on a road course that is)

anyways, talk to you all later

Dave

Comment

Name: Steven
            Why I'm Here: A car nut without a car, the GTR appeals to me like many of the other Japanese super cars, and so I am here to learn (but very much so in love with what I've heard of Skylines and the R32 in general)... and hopefully finding work soon, will be looking for a nice car to get me to work and still be fun enough to enjoy all the time!

Dang, I'm member 199... one off from 200!

Comment

Name: Daryl
              Ethnicity: 3rd gen Canadian, far away Welsh background
              Location: From Toronto, but living in Nagoya, Japan since 2002.
              What I do: teach English, my Japanese is bad, so what else can I do?
              Why I am here: Looking to buy a R32 in the summer. wanted to speak in English about Skylines
              RightDrive Inc. Parts Manager
              http://www.rightdrive.ca :: http://www.rightdriveparts.com :: http://www.rightdriveusa.com
              1970 Highway 7 West, Vaughan, ON :: 1-877-398-8220

Comment

Me:
                Name: Bob Esseltine
                Ethnicity: Canadian
                What I do: Sales Manager, Test Equipment Rentals
                Why Am I Here: Info gathering to see about doing an RB26DETT swap in an old 1973 240Z I am restoring. Last year, one of my sons (Eric) & I completed an SR20DET swap in his 1990 240SX. I recently completed an SR20DET swap in a mint 1973 Datsun 510 that I have owned since 1975 (see Avatar - pic taken at Dunnville in Sept. 2004). We have entered this car to run in the Targa Newfoundland Rally in Sept. 2005. I have raced and rallied Datsuns & Mazda rotaries since the mid 70's and just looking to have some fun creating these hybrids and competing with them.

PS - I think I'm the OLDEST guy on this forum!!
                1991 Case 580K 2WD Extendahoe (aka "Brutus")
                2006 Ford F350 SD PSD Crew DRW (aka "Monster")
                2006 Kubota F2880 60" Mower & 51" Snowblower (aka "Buzz")

Comment

Hey, everyone!

Name: Hassan
                  Ethnicity: Camel Jockey
                  What I do: well, I was in school but decided I didn't want to continue so I'm looking for work right now.
                  Why am I here? I'm interested in buying an 91+ S13 and doing the whole SR20 deal but then I found this site: http://www.japanesimports.ca then doing more searching, I stumbled upon this site via http://www.importconcern.ca/ . So I'm here to find out as much info as possible and I hope to be a lucky owner of one of these beasts. To be honest, I had no idea that R32s were so "affordable". ops:

Comment

my name is chad im from guelph ontario. i dont have a car yet im 17. check out my bros site www.guelphracing.com.
                    THIS IS WHAT VTEC STANDS FOR

V irtually
                    T ourqueless
                    E conomy
                    C rap

Comment

Heya

Name: James
                      Ethnicity: Canadian
                      What I do: Student, Tourism Industry for abit, Automotive Service Tech
                      Why am I here: Become more knowledgable about R32's and RB20DET/RB26DETT's so when I GET my skyline I can perform work on it alot easier then learning it after I get the car. I work on my buddies cars, they may not be R32's but some of them are imports so it gets me used to the import scene a little bit more, I used to be in-love with domestic mosucle cars, stil am, just short cash for a nice one right now. I hope to have my Skyline by January at the latest, depending on increase/decrease in prices of a current import, and yes JZ I do know about costs of running one of these things and yes I have planned for it, why do you think Im waiting a littel long to get the car.

Comment

Name: Ian
                        Why I'm here: Currently I have a 91 240sx with sr20 and upgrades which I have been working on since august. Thinking of buying an r32 gtr if someone will buy my car. I'm kinda spoiled now though as a couple years back I had a ride in the now do luck sponsored R34 GTR (bayside blue). Awesome ride.
                        89 Nissan Skyline GTR SOLD
                        02 Infiniti Q45
                        00 Acura 3.5 RL

Comment

Name: Daniel
                          Race: Canadian :P
                          Car: RX-7
                          Why I'm here: Because I've wanted a GTR forever... and now it's feasable for me to get one
                          1992 GTR - 2.7L, GT2871R's, forged bottom end, big valves, 270* cams, R34 getrag
                          2000 Honda Insight - 70+mpg daily driver
                          2003 Sierra 2500HD Diesel - Tow vehicle

Comment

Name is Khalid (call me Kal if you can't pronounce my name:P)
                            19 years old
                            ON/Ottawa
                            student, skyline fan from forever, driving a 89 civic HB si with 2 colors, white and rust :P thats my winter beater. I was going to get a 240sx, not that I like them or anything i just love rwd, now i can actually get a GT-S or maybe GTR :roll: .. and thanks for this forum, at last a canadian skyline forum!!!
                            ドリフト

Comment

^^ Hey is that Sunny's friend Kal?? if so whatsup buddy.

Name: Dave
                              Ethnicity: White boy
                              Occupation: Technical Systems Analyst (RBC) and Webmaster
                              Why I'm Here: Skylines. What more must one say?

What I drive Currently:

Comment

Whats up?? dunno if anyones still doin this but

Name james
                                Age just turned 20 (litterally)lol
                                ethnicity A jap born in canada (uchinanchu)
                                Location Van-Titty
                                what i do work as a shipper/reciever and also run a part time business

why im here. cause i love nissan cars i feel they make some of the top cars. ever since i got my first skyline modle way back when i was a kid i thought it was the **** but never understood that they didnt sell it here. but now that we can bring a skyline over from japan its a dream come true...lol

Comment

Working...
                                X