X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name: Murtaza
    Ethnicity: Afghan Canadian
    What I do: Cashier
    Why am I here: I like skylines... recently decided I would rather buy that than an eclipse.... saving up pennies for a GTR32 and learning as much as possible.

Comment

• Name: Marc-Andre
      Ethnicity: French canadian
      What I do: Electricial Engineering student(ETS)(off for 1 year) - Work as a computer technician/ do it all in a door hardware distributor -Haha
      Why am I here: Well that' a good story, at least ithink. I was a long time ebay member, but had never bought anything ob it. In July, I finally bought books... anyways I've known the Skyline since 2000 when some friend told me about it and that it was sometimes 4 wheel drive and that it was powerful. So late last month, I decide to just browse and see what cars are available on ebay, and in Canada too, looked for supra's, rx-7's and of course Skyline's and to my REALLY BIG suprise there was one !! A "1989" r32 for 10000USD ... WOW when I saw that I tried to get a loan from my mom and she said well:"well what's a skyline? hold on i'll ask my boyfriend..." turns out that he didn't know about it. -of course. I must say that by then I only knew that the GTR was 4wheel drive that there was r32's 33's 34's and that it was 280hp 260 torque.. I was sad when the ebay auction ended and I hadb't placed a bet... (*HAHA it was a good thing I didn't place that bet, that skyline's actually a 1990 model BNR-009k ish number and it's already in canada, in Edmonton.) Anyways, I continued looking for information about the car, 1st off, is it legal to drive a right hander?.. Seems to be... after that I really got in the technical aspects and learned a lot about the engine being a RB26DETT and all the ATTESA and HICAS stuff... Man did I want that Skyline even more!!! Then about 4 days ago (Tuesday I think) I discovered this forum, And I think I've maybe read 3/4 of the article it's really GREAT! Was I sad when I learned about that strange 15yr law... I mean what the hell?! I almost cried, almost. I was lucky in one way since we're now in August and we can now import skylines legally, just a few but still! now i'm continuing to learn about the greatest car around that is the GTR-R32 and not only is it the best IMO but it's less expensive than a STi let's say!!

Thanks for reading and I hope to get a Skyline within the end of the year!! It would be my dream one day to come up to a civic slowly and when he's rev it up, I won't rev it up then when he start's i'll come down on him and then stop cause it just won't be worth it!

EDIT Feb 05:

Well I got my Skyline GTS-T

Specs:
      TOMEI 2.2 LITER COMPLETE ENGINE
      + HKS GT2535 TURBINE
      GT-R INJECTORS + FUEL PUMP
      TRUST RACING BLOW OFF VALVE
      Z32 AIR FLOW METER
      FRONT 17IN WHEEL REAR 18IN WHEEL
      TEIN COILOVER SUSPENSION
      FRONT PIPE + SPORTS EXHAUST
      NISMO GT-R INTERCOOLER
      BLITZ BOOST CONTROLER
      HKS AIR FILTER
      GT-WING
      BODY KIT (SIDE, REAR BUMPER, AERO MIRRORS)
      BRIDE DRIVER SEAT
      TWIN PLATE CLUTCH + 2 WAY LSD

edited Apr 07 for age and pics
      Marc-André
      _________
      2.2L RB20 GTS-T
      ECU modification enabled - PM me for details

Comment

• Name: Ian

Ehtnicity: Canadian

What I Do:
        I'm a member of the Canadian Armed Forces, I work as a Army Signals operator and I'm currently deployed to the Middle East as part of OP ATHENA

Why Am I Here:
        The Skyline has been a dream car of mine for a number of years now, I just found out 5 months ago that it would be possible for me to import one to Canada. The Timing couldn't have been better either, I just sold my old car and was in the market for a new one, and with the money I'm making overseas, I'll be able to buy a GTS-T when I get home, or If I am patient enough to save for a year, a GT-R.
        Currently deployed overseas on OP ATHENA

Comment

• name : andy
          ethnicity: german/canadian
          What I Do: Millwright
          Why am I hear: I Want to buy a car in the spring(or now) and I just found out about all this.I was originally looking for a dsm, 300zx tt, 3000gt but I am very interested in looking for a gtr but I want a left hand drive one. I have alot of reading to do about this process of buying one so I will talk to you guys later.

Comment

• Intro

Name: Towen
            Ethnicity: White
            What I do: Student, Dream about Skylines
            Why am I here: Well this web surfing session started with looking for a Calgarian Shop that could do a SR20DET swap but then I stumbled aopn this site. Ive always known that i;m the only kid in Canada obsessed with Skylines, but I didn't know there was actual Canadians that shared my love of GTR supremacy

Comment

• hey guys!

Name: Matt
              Ethnicity: Polish Canadian
              What I do: Manage a cell phone store
              Why I am here: Learning as much as i can about Skylines in preperation for importing one of my very own!
              1989 Nissan 180sx (Sil-80)
              2004 Mazda RX8
              ...2003 Mach 1 Mustang RIP...

Comment

• New location : Cornwallis Nova Scotia!
                Along the way, I lost two wheels

Comment

• Name: Justin
                  Ethnicity: British/Guyanese
                  What do i do: Student
                  Why am I here: I'm here because I own one and I'm waiting for it to come (October 2004)

Comment

• Name: Nick
                    Ethnicity: Hungarian and German Canadian
                    What I do: Minimum Wage job(s)
                    Why am I here: Learning everything I want on skylines, and for the just plain love of cars that I have, skyline's above all. Please don't take me as some arrogant dumb stupid teenager who wants a fast car and hasn't planned anything out, im pretty much the opposite... And in future when I get my car, hearing about the events, and going to them

Comment

• hi!

Me:
                      Name: Mike
                      Ethnicity: white boy
                      What I do: student
                      Why am I here: Hoping to learn as much as possible about Skylines and other japanese domestic market imported vehicles as well as, obviously, engage in some discussion relating to the above. Maybe even contribute something of my own some time... My fave Skylines are the (K)PGC10s -- you know, the ones that almost nobody knows about. I mean, Skylines only started being made in '89 right!? :wink:

Comment

• Boy do I feel old here!

Name: Sean
                        Ethnicity: French Canadian, Scottish ancestry
                        What I do: Computer Geek
                        Why am I here: I`m getting a Skyline someday!
                        Bio: Member of the french public school board IT dept. in Sudbury, father of two boys (third boy coming within a week as of this writing) and all around ICE nut. (Internal combustion Engine) I live on exhaust and I bleed 30W engine oil. My parents families were 10 strong on each side and of those 20, the lines were drawn down the middle with half of them being teachers of some sort (primary, high school, college and university) and the other half being mechanics of one sort or another. As such I was torn between becoming a proffessional or becoming a skilled automotive tradesman. Short story, I spend my days in front of a computer screen and my late nights in the garage where I pretend to know what I`m doing.
                        Interests: Building, rebuilding, driving, racing, modifying, tweaking and taking pride in my toys.
                        Vehicle history: My first car (and invariably the source of some of my fondest memories) was a 1983 Honda Civic sedan. Silver with a off-white interior. Cut my teeth racing much more powerful cars on backroads around my hometown until the timing belt skipped. God I miss that car! Subsequent vehicles were 1978 Chevrolet Monte-Carlo, 1976 Dodge Ramcharger (father`s truck), 1980 Dodge Diplomat, 1988 Honda Civic, 1986 Oldsmobile Cutlass Cruiser. (Cut ass Cruiser after my friend modified the badging!) In 1995 I decided to buy a 1988 Toyota 4Runner. Three days later my fiancée put it into a guardrail! I married her and still have the Runner although it is not stock anymore. Needed a car so bought a 1991 Integra off a retired university professor. Awesome car and I regretted selling it to get a 1993 Subaru Loyale AWD for the winters around here. Had our 1st son so bought my wife an Accord. About this time I was driving by a used car dealer in a small town and he had a 1982 Mazda RX7 GSL with 128000 original kms. Of course I bought it! All was good but I missed my Integra so I bought a 1992 LS to stiffled the withdrawl symptoms. It had a profound effect on my co-workers as they each bought themselves Integra GSRs. To this day, they are still the only two in the Sudbury region! (population 150 000 +) Moving along, we had our second son and now the Accord was too small for two child seats, a stroller and other stuff like groceries so I sold it and my Integra ( I never learn) and bought my wife a 1993 BMW 740i. I sold the Integra because it was time to finish my 4Runner that had been in the garage for several years as I completed some hardcore mods. (plasma`d off the IFS for a solid axle to lift the truck and fit huge mud tires) I blew the 12A in the RX7 so I decided to swap it out for a 5.0 H.O. out of an `88 Mustang. My goal is that it needs to be quicker than the BMW but get better mileage than the rotary had. (Shouldn`t be hard) Anyways, remember I said I never learn? Well I couldn`t keep it in my pants and as a result we are having our third son so my wife informed me that the BMW isn`t big enough.The plan was to sell it and get her a minivan. I got her that freakin`minvan but I can`t bring myself to selling the bimmer. What the hell do you get after owning a 7 series? A Porsche? A Ferrari maybe? No no! I want a Skyline baby! So here I am.

Nuff said?

Toughguy
                        Is your seatbelt on? I\'m gonna try something...

Comment

• Name: Eric
                          Ethnicity: White/caulcasian
                          Height: a smidget away from 7ft
                          What I do: Student/ clerk at large store
                          Why I'm here: Came accross you guys trying to find info on whatever skyline stuff. Unloading my 1992 Supra turbo Targa to buy the GTS-T Skyline and blow the minds of everyone that still doesn't believe me when I tell them that i'm importing a skyline. I'l post a pic of their faces when it arrives 8)
                          Someday, some way, I will reach the Skyline.

Comment

• Name: Rob
                            Ethnicity: Canadian/English
                            What I do: Welder/Fabricator
                            Why I'm here: Been lurking for a bit, thought I better introduce myself. I have always liked Skylines, even more so since my friend Tee-Dub, bought a GTR. Just going to hang out and soak up the vibe.

Later
                            The Surgeon General never said anything about smoking a V-8

Comment

• Name: Tyler
                              Ethnicity: Canadian
                              What I do: School, and work so i can buy a skyline
                              Why am I here: Stumbled upon the site and had to join, where else can you get better questions to Skyline questions? my purpose in life right now is to buy a GT-R.

Comment

• My name is malhi i am 17 turning 18 next month. i drive a 240sx. since i was small my dad always bought nissan or i made him. i hate honda lol. my two dream cars that i want one day are M3 or Skyline. GT-R is only a year away i saved up 10grand to buy it.

My past cars include:
                                1990-stanza
                                1994-stenra
                                1994-240sx
                                1996-altima

current 240sx 1990 stock i am not into modding yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X