X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hometown: BC
    What I am doing here: just gathering info

I guess I am just like all of you out there trying to find the loopholes in Canadian government on importing our dream cars. i guess this is the big one, in no time i guess everyones going to have a gtr, so i guess i should get started soon.

Started by just looking for how to import my 1988 Mini back to Canada but i guess GTRs are just too tempting.

By the way if anyone can help me with Shipping or direct me to someone that can, it will be very helpful. Thank you

Comment

1. We are NOT looking for a loophole, we are going to import Skylines under the law sayign we can import cars that are 15 years or older. Meaning, for now, only Skylines R32 from 1989.

2. You could bring back that mini if it's 1988 without any problem since it fits in the 15 year or older law.

3. [search] is your friend when it comes to getting anwser since there has been a lot of question that have been anwsered.
      VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVViper!

Comment

Name: Sachin
        Ethnic background: East Indian (Born in Canada though)
        Current Ride: 00 Legacy GT (Winter car)
        why I'm here: I have been interested in cars ever since I was a baby. My father had a mechanics shop and later car dealership and that is what really sparked my interest in cars. Helping out at the dealership whenever possible gave me a great appreciation for cars. I remember first reading about a GTR when my brother brought home some australian car magazine that featured the R32 as a new vehicle. I have always been a fan of GTR's where as my brother has been a fan of supra's (he owns a 94 supra tt 6spd). Being in the auto industry vehicles change all the time, summer time usually proves to be the best. Current rides are a 2000 Viper RT/10, 01 Jaguar XJR & 94 Supra TT. I am hoping to replace my legacy with a 03 350z, but who knows. I am toying with the idea of importing a skyline gts-t and then selling it when gtr's come out. I don't believe that I will be buying and keeping a GTR, more likely is I will buy one and keep it for 3-5 months, sell it and then buy another one Been reading this board/yahoo groups thing for a very long time, don't actively post all that much but i've been a reader for a long time. I remember I was offered to have an R33 GTR in Canada back in the day (must have been 95 or 96) for $50000, the only catch was I had to have a dealer plate (which I do ). I realize now that would have been illegal and probably would have gotten impounded. Just hoping to contribute to the GTR community and have a little fun with cars
        1987 Lamborghini Countach

Comment

Name. George Palmer.

Location, Calgary Alberta Canada.

Ethnicity. Caucasion. * CANADIAN BABY!*

What I do: I am currently in grade 11 at calgary academy high school.
          On my spare time I play my saxophone at local jazz clubs, I hope to become professional one day and have my own cd * Technically I am a pro now because I do get paid to play*

Where I work: During the winter I ski, but I'm going to start working at the bike shop again, making around 14 dollars an hour.

Why I'm here. One day I was searching about skylines and I saw this site. I came on the boards to learn information about skylines and share my passion with other individuals. I love skylines and I am hoping to own one by my 17th birthday if I keep working hard.

Cheers

Skyline_crazy

Comment

Name: Alex
            Ethnicity: korean
            What I do: student
            Why am I here: I love GTRS. i am looking forward to purchasing one in the coming months for import.

Comment

Well i may look out of place here but oh well....

Name: evilaudi
              Current Rides: 1993 audi 90 quattro
              1990 audi coupe quattro(winter beater)

I joined this forum to learn how some of you plan on importing Skylines and the such. I have been looking at starting to import cars for myself through my buddy who owns a Dealership in Germany. Right now they would mostly be German cars(S2, Rallye Golf) but I have thought about Skylines as well.

I do a lot of AutoX and shows so i think the car is a definate possibilty for my Second car.

I am going to be looking more come August when my car sells. Which is looking like the time when Skylines will start hitting these shores.

Anyways, here's a pic of my current car I use for Show/AutoX

Comment

Name: Bobby
                Ethnicity: Canadian
                What I do: Meter Reader
                Why am I here: Heard of Skyline's from my friends, then was in Australia for over 7 months and looked into Skylines more and found this site there. Been a lurker and inputed some posts since then. Would like to have a Skyline some day, but other cars are on the horizon first.
                Cars I own: Good ol' faithful 1990 Olds Delta 88 that's been in the family for years which is now just sittin around as a spare. 1989 323 DX with GTX motor and GT tranny. 14.2 in the quarter so far. Had a 1993 VW Passat GLS VR6. Best time 16.025 with only intake upgraded. Next is probably a Taurus SHO and hoping to turbo it.

Comment

Name: Ged
                  Ethnicity: English
                  What I do: Storeman
                  Why am I here: Skyline owner

Had my R32 GTR for just over a year now and I love it, its tuned to stage 1 spec (about 420bhp @ the flywheel)

Ged

Comment

Name: Will
                    Ethnicity: English/Canadian
                    What I do: I do the school thing. And I also do the car thing.
                    Why I am here: My dad got me into Nissans through his 1990 300zx 2+2, which he let me drive . Now I'm craving something meaner, and something Nissan. I believe that little something is Skyline.

Comment

Name: Kenji
                      Sex: Male

Profile: I've been a fan of the imports for quite a while now but my infatuation with tuning started when I was at the wee age of 13/14 (around when The Fast and the Furious came out But then it died off after I realized the prospect of actually owning a car and tuning it was a very expensive one.) But fast forward three years and I'm drooling over cars even more now and I still love the Fast and the Furious. But don't judge me!

Ironically my love affair with the Skyline started with 2 Fast 2 Furious. It's agressive lines giving me what I'd call a car-hardon and since then it hasn't gone away. But I was sadly dissapointed when I discovered that I would never see an GT-R34 kickin around Alberta, much less own one. That's where Import Concern and GTRCanada come in.

I've lurked around here long enough and read almost all of the threads to know that you guys don't like the "LIEKOMG I LUV TEH SKYLINE" type 17 year olds. I'm not one of them. Once I have enough money to buy that car (another stereotype I noticed you guys seem to disdain ) it will get more attention than my dog, which is a damn lot of it.

That said, I'm glad to be here and I'm lookin forward to the times ahead. And once I do get my baby I'm going to do my damndest that I don't contribute to the collision statistics for the Nissan Skyline here.

B-Wurm 8)
                      (Yeesh that took longer than I thought)
                      Shift with ya left hand, biatch!

Comment

Name: Jack
                        Sex: male
                        Car: 1992 R32 GTR
                        what do I do: RB Motoring US and oversea operation
                        Reason I'm here: Skylines owner

Comment

Name: Terry
                          Ethnicity: Caucasion
                          What I do: Electrician Apprentice
                          Why I am here: When I found out I could get a GTR, it stopped being a matter of 'what if' and more a matter of 'when'.
                          Current Ride: 91 CRX Si, with B16. If you haven't driven one, you probably wouldn't understand.

Comment

Name: Niall Wilson
                            Ethnicity: Fat white guy
                            What do I do: Electronic System Engineering Student at the University of Regina
                            Why am I here: To learn as much as possible to tune my skyline to make it as fast as possible. I recently purchased an '89 Skyline GTS-t Type M from Import Concern due to arrive in Canada in June. Here is a pic of it.

sigpic

Comment

Welcome Niall!

Looks very clean and nice! Wow, that interior is spotless.

8)

EDIT: here's the IC page folks: http://www.importconcern.ca/private/50165/

"Life's too short to drive boring cars!"

Comment

Name: Jeff Jenkins aka Foley
                                Ethnicity: Fly White Guy
                                What I do: Assisant manager at a store 'til I go to college in the fall. Going to take computer programmer/systems analyst
                                Why am I here? To find out info on the skyline. Found out that these are legal in canada and wouldnt mind a damn bit in owning one. I currently drive an 86 MR2 wich is going up for sale. Poured my heart and soul into it, now she's gotta go.

TeeDub. Im 3 hours away from you.

Comment

Working...
                                X