This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name: Ryan
    Vehicle: 2k Dodge Dak(need a truck for work, as soon as I don't need it here comes the GTR).
    Home: Vancity (there abouts)

Comment

Name: Shan
      Ethnicity: Sri Lankan/Australian
      What I do: Systems Admin IT / Japanese low volume personal import consultant and parts importer (Basically I help people get jap cars into Australia and do parts runs as my other job)
      Why am I here: Stumbled onto this site on one of StraightSix's posts on Skylines Australia forums. I'm a mod and a club exec member on that. I own a 1993 ECR32 GTSt (RB25DET) which if you know your skylines will figure out has had an engine swap. It started out as a V Selection 2 GTS. I aso own a 1989 R32 GTR and a 1988 Cefiro both of which I bought under the 15 year rule and both of which I'm in the process of selling to fund my "make my R32 GTS a track beast" dreams. Right now current mods to the GTS include the new engine, 800x600x70 FMIC, TD06 turbo and custom low mount manifold, wastegate, Z32 AFM etc GTR Fuel Pump + larger injectors, BN Sports Widebodykit to fit larger tread wheels.

I was there in 1991 when the GTR won at Bathurst with my dad (quite close to the finishing line from memory) and have been in love ever since. Its quite refreshing to see a forum dedicated to R32's seeing as Australia's been overrun by R33's (bloody whales). Bit of a shame you guys are limited to the 15 yr rule and don't have low volume import schemes.

I'm pretty savvy on R32's, tech and otherwise, so if you need anything from japan or any advice, PM.
      ѕhan :: play@ :: work@

Comment

Name: Kevin
        Ethnicity: Chinese Canadian
        What I do: student
        Why am I here: interested in importing a r32, as my dad's friend's son is ether in the process of importing one or is going to later this summer.

Comment

Name: Erik
          Ethnicity: Canadian Vietnamese (more canadian though)
          What I do: Work at EA Games
          Why am I here: i grew up loving muscle cars, and i always thought that imports were nothing but rice burners. i still feel that way mostly with the exception of anything nissan (love the silvia/180's fairlady's and skylines) my first car was a 1990 240sx coupe but i crashed it. i miss that thing cause i drive a toapz now. i'm looking for a R32 right now but after reading some threads, i'm afraid i can't afford the maintanence cause i don't know LOTS about cars, just a bit.

Comment

Name = Mark
            Age = 22
            Ethnicity = French/Canadian
            Location = Montreal
            What I do = salesman/student
            Why I am here = The past few years I've owned a few fun cars including a Prelude, Teg, 323GTX, AE86, AE92, Justy 4WD and I currently drive a MR2 S/C. Never owned a Nissan, but I drove an S13 and loved it. I've always loved the Skyline for both it's rarity (in Canada at least) and it's supposed awesome handling/power and am about to put a deposit on one. And c'mon: RHD, turbo, straight six = pure heaven.

Comment

Name: Ty
              Nationality: canada
              What I do: uni

Nice to meet you.

Comment

Name = Scott
                Age = 21
                Ethnicity = white
                Location = alberta
                What I do = own my own buisness
                Why I am here = getting a skyline gts-t type m in a few weeks.. loved skyline for a long time, gonna try and get a gtr next year. looking to learn more.

Comment

Name: cleat
                  Ethnicity: White boy
                  Occupation: hydraulic tech, opening my own performance shop this spring
                  Here because: i wanted a skyline last year but they wernt legal so i bought a 2000 integra gsr and have since spent well over 10 grand into it
                  and now kicking my self in the ass cause im selling it and losing a lot of cash just so i can get a skyline and i will have one as soon as i sell my integra .

1989 skyline gts-t .. the slut ..

Comment

Name: Josh
                    Ethnicity: white boy
                    What I do: Teacher
                    Why am I here: Well, I've been racing DSMs for about seven years. I figured it was time to change the pace. I've had my eyes on an R32 for a very long time, and I'd love to learn as much as possible before I go ahead and buy one.
                    -Josh

1991 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
                    1990 Skyline GTS-R

Comment

• Name : Alex
                      Ethnicity: Filipino
                      Why am I here : I'm here because I hope to work a Nissan dealership after my automotive college course is completed, and maybe, just maybe make enough to import an r32 for a project car. Big dreams, I know, but it didnt stop me before...and now I own the car I didnt think I'd ever own...a black FC3S. So until I can afford an R32, constant research, making connections with other R32 owners, and trying to figure out my stupid rotary engine :P
                      1989 FC3S

Comment

• Name: Marv
                        Ethnicity: Born in Manitoba (German/Mennonite background)
                        What I do: Work in the aerospace industry, own a small business, and fishing guide
                        Why am I here: Just started my interest in Japan cars around 8 months ago and have grown to love the Skyline.
                        Will post pic of me and new car once it arrives.

Comment

• Name: Sylvester
                          Ethnicity: Dominican/Yardee/EspanolPortugese
                          What I Do: Entrepeneur (Currently fabricating watercooled VW Stuff)
                          Why I am here: My first sports car was a 72 240Z with an 81 280zx turbo motor. I've owned 6 Zcars since. First heard of the Skyline in Grassroots Motorsport magazine in 1991. Thought it was the perfect evolution of the Nissan sports Car. Wanted one ever since. In my circle of car owners going back 10 yrs, I've been the one chasing the dream of ownong any year of Skyline. After Motorex started importing I've wanted an R32 GTR and a R32 GTSt. Been practicing shifting left handed whenever I'm a passenger in a stick car since. Hoping to import one for my Bday in the spring of 2005.
                          Member of Team Xquisite SoundZ
                          Currently 146.4 Db on the NEW TermLab USB

[IMG]ftp://sjohn@ody.ca/golfmk2blk.JPG[

Comment

• Name: Frederico (people call me Fred)
                            Ethnicity:Portuguese
                            What do i do: Mechanic Aprentice and also going to college for auto-mechanics
                            Why am I here: Im a car Lover and a drift entusiast, i give myself away to cars, i admire japan and wish i could go there to work and live but i dont think such thing would happen so im moving to Vancouver which i think its the closest environment to a japanese environment i can get into, i like GTRs cause the R34 GTR is my dream car but the R32 GTR is the one closer to realitty to me, to me GTR is the image of pure japanese muscle, the pure breed racing machine only japanese technology could produce!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Frederico A.

just a drifter.........

Comment

• Name: Shiraz Ahmed
                              Age: 21 (officially legal in all countries thank you!) lol
                              Ethnicity: East Indian/ Canadian (Born in Winnipeg)
                              Location: Winnipeg, MB (going to school in Toronto, so summer in Wpg, winters in tdaat)
                              What I Do: Finance Student at Ryerson University
                              Why I am here: Basically since i was trying to be a professional in a kids body, i decided to buy a Cadillac Catera(long story) and basically im a little bored of it now. i love skylines always have, learning more about htem everyday. i want a r33, thanks to canadian law im forced to get an r32(still frickin amazing) looking to buy one next summer, saved about 5g's this year, only need like 7 more (attainable)

cheers,
                              shiraz
                              1991 BNR32 - SOLD (sigh...)

"Want pretty? Go order a Fairlady, want fast go grab a Skyline! "

Comment

• Name: Benjamin Palmer
                                I'm just a student at Carleton interested buying a summer toy :wink:

Comment

Working...
                                X